Ceramic vase in interior design
Flowers can be an attractive decoration for any interior. But it is very important to prepare for them a good, beautiful place. An excellent solution of this kind is a ceramic vase, especially since she herself looks beautiful.
The overwhelming majority of designers recommend purchasing floor vases for flowers that are 0.4 m in height or more. Such products are used both for storing a bouquet or a set of branches, and as an element of the interior composition.
In the production of ceramics, clay is traditionally used in which certain additives are introduced to obtain specific properties. In this regard, modern ceramic products are far from their progenitors. But in terms of design and style, the classical approaches (right down to the roots in antiquity) retain their relevance today.
In the distant past, the technology was very difficult, the work was done manually. Therefore, the cost of vases turned out to be very large, and only a few could afford this rare item of decor.
In our country, only in the twentieth century, technological development, together with a general increase in welfare, made it possible to reverse this trend. However, since antiquity, an unshakable rule has been preserved: it does not matter if it is handmade vase or industrial production, it plays a huge role in the interior. Therefore, this part of the decor must be entered into the situation very carefully and strictly.
You will learn how ceramic vases are made by watching the following video.
How to choose?
Along with clay and compositions containing it, the use of other inorganic materials has long been debugged in the ceramic industry. When a finer texture is needed, porcelain is used, and if relatively rough contours are needed or economy is very important, preference is given to faience.
To harmoniously fit a vase into a room, you need to consider:
- general stylistics;
- structure geometry;
- saturation of the room with furniture;
- the presence of other decorative elements;
- coloring of the product;
- space area.
Where to apply?
The original shape of the decor item (for example, a multi-level or vintage Slavic vase) can help the division of space into certain zones. As an independent decorator, a vase often eliminates the feeling of an empty corner or center of a room. It also helps to emphasize other bright details in the room.
Strengthen the effect will help the use of lights around the vase.
All this applies mainly to low and medium products. A high height vase is preferable in spacious rooms and under the stairs.
You can also apply it:
- in the halls for guests;
- in the design niches;
- in the corners.
- To create a more beautiful and pleasant look of the room, you can build several vases of different configurations. In winter, it is recommended to put spruce paws in them. When nature awakens, it is time for the twigs with young foliage. The best option to add to the interior of tenderness and romance - to use large flowers.
- Some of the difficulties may be caused by the design of the room, the style of which is unsteady and uncertain.In such a situation, the best choice is often a ceramic vase painted white. Classical subjects perfectly match the porcelain in the form of bowls, which are decorated with gold-plated details.
- Many people strive to bring peace and harmony into their homes. In this case, it is recommended to give preference to pastel colors and patterns of minimal complexity. Ideally, even the patterns should be abandoned, if they should be, then only selected with taste.
- It is possible to apply such products both in a cottage, and in a city apartment, and at office. If the color of the bowl harmoniously intertwined with wallpaper or other material on the walls, the room will seem wider. A good idea is the reproduction in the tonality pattern of curtains or other decorative elements. Fully monochrome vases (blue, red, beige) are best combined with carpets covered with a soft nap.
How to glue?
For any vase, even a shell, you need careful care. But sometimes, despite all the attention and precautions, these decorative items are broken. Fortunately, ceramics are easy to glue.
The best option for this purpose is a universal cyanoacrylate-based adhesive.
These adhesives are presented today in a wide range, however, we must remember that not all of them are sufficiently resistant to water. Therefore, only some varieties will be suitable for repairing vases where flowers will be placed. Alternative solutions - epoxy glue and BF-4. If the vase is made of porcelain, it is recommended to use carbinol glue. It makes no sense to describe specific methods of use, it is still better to follow the instructions.