Beautiful options of arbors for grapes
The grape arbor on the site is an amazingly beautiful structure. The frame for it is built easily, is inexpensive, the result is visible in the first season. You can assemble a light and simple canopy at the entrance to the house. But real aesthetes create grape arches, galleries, green rooms, fabulous houses or entire labyrinths on their site. If the buildings are decorated with the upper green cover, they play the role of beautiful shady arbors.
Pergolas are divided into seasonal, which are collected in the warm season and hidden in the winter, and stationary, built thoroughly for any season. The first plants are planted in pots and flowerpots, the second is planted with perennial grapes and other species of climbers. Stationary buildings are beautiful and diverse. Their frames have different textures.They can be from metal, stone, brick or wood, may contain combined building materials.
You should know that wood is not very suitable for creating arbors from grapes. Some species of this plant live up to 200 years. The tree, being exposed to moisture from watering, will rot much earlier. But the beauty and ecological purity of this material attracts many who prefer it.
Starting the construction of arbors, you need to know for what purpose it will serve, what functions to perform.
Arbor for rest can be tent, dome-shaped. If the rest is planned with a barbecue and friends, the size of the building are assumed to be voluminous and capital. According to fire safety standards, such an arbor should be at a distance of six meters from any buildings. It may be square, rectangular, multifaceted or indefinite. Arbor, predlagayuschaya to the building, usually serves as a shady shelter at the entrance to the house. It is quite budget, as it requires the construction of only one wall and the top cover.
Miniature gazebos are installed in gardens to decorate the landscape as an addition to decorative streams and fountains. Arbor for a cozy holiday arrange in a shady corner of the garden. On the hill is usually used air design, resembling a viewing platform. The variety of species is in the geometry of the structure.
They can be round, dome-shaped, many-sided, arched, square, irregular shape, predlazhayuschiesya to the building, pergolas, trellis under a canopy.
The arc-shaped forms of the arched structure, if they are mounted correctly, without distortions and deformation, look very attractive.
To create the arch you will need to perform the following steps:
- for a green arbor gazebo frame collected from metal rods;
- it is necessary to prepare concrete, gravel or broken bricks, as well as thick wire;
- digging holes, put gravel on the bottom;
- rods bend arc, the ends are inserted into prepared pits and poured with cement, creating the basis of the arched frame;
- For the strength of the structure, several transverse rods are mounted by welding;
- the remaining horizontal mounts are formed using solid wire.
This type of gazebo is made from reinforcement, pipes or wood.
The following algorithm should be followed:
- mark up and dig holes in which they install support;
- racks are poured with cement;
- vertical and horizontal mounts are mounted between the supports, creating a grape grid;
- the roof is also formed in the same way; it can be made flat or downhill in the direction of the sun; sometimes, to protect against rain, they build a continuous covering (shed);
- to create an ideal design, vertical supports are checked by a plumb, and horizontal mounts are checked by level;
- It should be borne in mind that too high gazebo is difficult to maintain, in order to form sprouts you will have to get to the top cover.
Such a structure will decorate even a small courtyard.
To create such a structure, you should perform the following actions:
- supports from pipes or wooden bars are installed in prepared pits in a well-defined circle;
- from the intended side leave the entrance to the gazebo;
- at the top there is a solid base mounted to which the conditional roof will be attached; rods tilted at one end connected to the base, the second - going at the top;
- it is easy to form a green arbor of this design - two vines are planted at the entrance from two sides, young shoots are directed around the circle and slightly upwards;
- forming a gazebo, shoots need to tie up and remove excess shoots; if you do it right, the grapes are able to surround the structure in one season, you get a pretty fabulous house with a dome-shaped top.
Building attached to the house
This is the most popular type of green construction, which is often set from the gate to the porch of the house.
Arbor, attached to the house, has the following features:
- one side of the gazebo is the building itself, to which it is mounted; green building looks like a single wall and top cover;
- under the canopy of such arbors there is usually enough space for a garden table with chairs, a hammock or a swing bench;
- grape greens can be diluted with bright flowers suspended in pots at the entrance to the house;
- grapes will develop more actively if the gazebo is on the south side.
Many-sided and irregularly shaped buildings
Beautiful designs of irregular shape, created by the designer, fascinate with an extraordinary look.Constructions of irregular shape well fill fragmented, unsuitable for use space on the site. But they can be built on a flat, sunny surface on any scale, guided by non-standard solutions of the designer. The multi-faceted structure of the power to collect their own hands, you only need to "be friends" with a plumb and level. With these tools, the edges are balanced and measured.
Multifaceted or irregular forms can afford large, solid buildings that require certain costs.
In the construction of such structures, it is necessary to consider the following nuances:
- such gazebos need a project where the location of the future structure, its shape, size, material and style is noted; the varieties of the plants being planted are taken into account, as well as an approximate cost estimate;
- when building a large arbor, it should be remembered that it will definitely cast a shadow, therefore its location should not interfere with neighbors or other buildings;
- capital buildings need a foundation, and how to choose (tape, pile or columnar) depends on the massiveness of the building; in any case, concrete, sand and gravel should be prepared;
- such arbors have a solid lower part of the walls, from fifty to one hundred centimeters high; their height should protect the seated person from drafts, but not interfere with the view;
- the deaf lower part of the wall can be laid out of brick, stone or use logs, boards, wall paneling; it is necessary that the selected material meets the style and is in harmony with the surrounding space;
- to create a floor using waterproof material, since precipitation will fall into a half-open gazebo; it may be stone, ceramic tile or water-repellent materials;
- a gazebo, which includes a stove, barbecue, grill, barbecue, should be positioned so that the grapes do not suffer from high temperatures; in such cases, the wind rose is taken into account, the stove is installed against a blank wall at a standard distance from the grapes stalks;
- the variety of ornamental plants must be frost-resistant; sometimes even such varieties, when preparing for winter, have to be instilled, it all depends on the climatic conditions of the region;
- if it is too capital structure, you may have to register with the administration.
Grapes for gazebos
Grapes are a beautiful and useful perennial plant that can even turn into a fairy-tale lodge with an obscene arbor. He will not only create a thick shadow for 1–2 seasons, but also will delight with a juicy tasty berry. Arbor is formed in the first year after planting seedlings. In the second year, the first fruiting is expected. Adults can be considered 4-5-year-old plants.
How to plant a vine?
The number of seedlings around the gazebo will depend on the grape variety and the size of the structure. Sometimes two bushes are missing at the entrance of a round building. If the arbor is square-shaped, one plant is planted at each of the four pillars. Along the perimeter of a large arbor, cuttings are planted every two meters.
Planting the vine includes the following steps:
- to plant sprouts, dig holes half a meter deep, departing from the carcass by 20–30 cm;
- drainage should be made from gravel or other pebbles at the bottom of each well;
- soil selected from the hole, you need to mix with fertilizer, sand and compost; the mixture should be filled half holes;
- put the cutting into the hole with the guide slope and carefully fill it with the remaining mixture of soil and fertilizer;
- form a mound with a depression for watering and actively water the plant;
- Sapling tie up to the horizontal bottom row of the grape.
One of the ways to form a gazebo is called a fan cordon, when the plant is directed not upwards, but into the girth of the building. From the woody bundle, the fruit vines diverge in different directions, forming the so-called fan. Created large sleeves, a length of one and a half meters. The fan method can be bezshtambov or with the release of a trunk. Pergolas have more than four branches, on which fruit links are formed every half meter. Trimming young shoots, the sleeves remain unchanged, they are updated only in the case of winter damage.
The high-stem vertical cordon is one of the most popular forms of the formation of a grape arbor. Grapes, processed in this way, is developing rapidly and gives a rich harvest. The disadvantage of the method can be considered the lack of vegetation in the lower part of the arbor. Correct the situation planted bushes around the building. But it is possible to form a high arbor in a complex way: with a vertical and fan cordon at the same time.
It is worth considering in more detail how to form an arbor with a vertical cordon.
- Often the structure is actively overgrown shoots in the first year. But if the vines at this stage did not acquire the desired size, you should choose the strongest of them and shorten it in the place where the vine reached 1.5 cm in diameter. Remove the eyes, except for the two upper ones, and paraffin. The escape chosen for the trunk must be shortened, which will give him the strength to grow and strengthen.
- Over time, when the trunk reaches the roof, only the top three eyes are left, the rest are removed without regret. Those vines that were formed (except for the trunk) independently should be tied up, sending them horizontally in different directions. The following year, the three buds left from the trunk will give the vines with the first harvest of grapes.
- In the autumn after picking the berries, it is necessary to cut the uppermost vine with a piece of the stiffened part, and distribute the rest on the roof, spreading them in different directions (sleeves are being formed). Autumn pruning of these shoots should be up to a diameter of 1.5 cm.
- Both sleeves, gently bending, are fixed on the roof surface in 1 m increments. This is how the foundation of the future green arbor is laid.
The final stage of gardening gazebos will depend on the goals. If the climate of the region allows not to cover the bushes of grapes, you can choose a vertical cordon. In this case, suitable and high shtambu with magnificently hanging shoots. In cold regions, where it is necessary to shelter the plants, you can use the bezshtambovy option or the stamba fan cordon. For the table mode, a low stem with a vine is formed, which is easy to prepare for winter shelter.
We select the right varieties
Not every type of grape is suitable for creating a beautiful, well-formed pergola. Looking for frost-resistant, fast-growing, bulk varieties. Grapes "Wild Maiden" - is a favorite decorative variety among many summer residents. This is a great solution if there is no need for berries. He is unpretentious, easy to clean and very beautiful. One plant can take up to 20 square meters. It easily climbs without a trellis on brick and masonry to a height of 15 meters. Oblong carved green leaves in the fall light up the scarlet, purple, purple.
From fruit-bearing gazebo species, frost-resistant species include actively growing Amur varieties (they withstand temperatures down to -30 degrees). Fruits with a pronounced taste.Unpretentious in the care, with a strong development and pleasant taste qualities of the variety - this is "Lydia", "Valiant" (Valiant), "Alpha", "Concord", "Isabella". Shrubs undemanding to the abundance of the sun, well tolerated shade. The versatile table varieties giving a bountiful harvest proved to be excellent: they are Prairie Star, Victoria, St. Croix, Timur. They are resistant to frost, but in some regions need shelter.
How to choose and fix the grapes for the gazebo, you will learn in the next video.