How to make a canopy for grapes?
All owners of villas and country houses want to make their site as comfortable as possible. To do this, they build gazebos, install various decorative objects, create flower beds. Fountains and waterfalls always impress guests.
If you decide to improve your summer cottage, then first of all you need to take care of the canopy for the grapes. Here you can have a picnic, play with children or relax with guests.
Types of sheds
Making a canopy under the vineyard with your own hands is a very good idea.
Below we consider all the facilities that can be built for climbers.
- Metal constructions are a very strong structure that is assembled by welding. Here you can grow a large number of grapes for sale on the market or make homemade wine from these berries.
- Hinged arches are arc-shaped products that will create a shadow on your yard of a country house.
- Constructions made of metal and wire - this is the simplest structure. In this variant, supports are placed in the ground, and an aluminum wire is stretched between them, along which the vine will be trailed.
- Pavilions - here you can relax with guests and enjoy ripe grapes.
Each owner will be able to create any of these designs with his own hand. The main thing is to have imagination and basic skills in working with construction devices.
Materials for work and marking of the territory
In order to create a canopy for grapes, we need a hammer drill, a building tape measure, long pipes, sand and cement.
Before you begin to measure the territory, you need to pre-plan the width. If the vineyard is located close to the house, it is desirable that he was near the veranda.
Try to make the structure not very high, otherwise your grapes will grow very long, giving less fruit.
Wire metal construction
The most budget hinged product is a canopy of pipes and wire.
It is very easy to make, just follow the steps below.
- In the first place, metal profile piles are fastened with a square cut. The supports are fixed on concrete or buried deeper in the ground. The average gap between the supports is two to three meters, the height of the structure is 3 m.
- The roof for the vineyard is created from a metal profile that needs to be fixed with several screws.
- Between the supports need to stretch the wire to the top. The approximate distance between them is half a meter.
- Vines should be planted along a row of wire. After some time, the vine itself will begin to grow in the right direction.
- Many owners fix the opposite side of the structure, but they are not attached to the house, but experts advise against fixing the beams to the supporting wall. After a few years, your vineyard can ruin all the plaster.
Metal frame under the vineyard, created by welding, is considered the most reliable structure that will serve you for a very long time.
However, to create such a design is quite difficult. This disadvantage is filled by the durability of the structure.
A metal canopy is created using iron shaped pipes of different diameters, the choice of section depends on the desire of the site owner. Pipes by welding turn into a one-piece frame.
Let's consider below the rules that should be followed when creating a welded structure.
- The canopy support is fixed in the ground with the help of concreting, which guarantees the reliability of this solution.
- If you resort to the jumpers between the supporting piles, you can additionally fix the entire structure.
- Before welding, all pipes, supports and other elements should be coated with a special anti-corrosion agent to avoid rust after rains.
- The roof can be left open, no need to be afraid of the sun. After the grapes grow, he will create a shadow for you. However, if you are afraid of rain, then the roof can be made of polycarbonate. Since it is transparent, your plant will also receive the right amount of sunlight.
At the request of homeowners, this design can be easily decorated with any forged design elements, which will give your shed additional appeal.
If we talk about attractiveness, arched canopies for grapes will be a great addition for any design of a country house.
They can also be built independently.
- At the very beginning, a columnar foundation is created on which the support elements are subsequently fixed.
- To create the archway, you need to connect a semicircular arc and iron piles fixed in the ground with the help of welding.
- The supports must be the same length. They are set to an equal depth parallel to each other, so that your canopy does not turn out to be curved.
Some experts can make this design of wood.
Relaxation in a gazebo overgrown with vine is a good option for spending time in the courtyard of a country house.
Such a canopy can be created personally or bought on the market ready.
The metal frame for this structure can be made from both metal and wood. The most common forms of canopy - a polygon or a circle.
Below we consider the stages of building such an arbor.
- At the very beginning you need to make measurements of the site.
- Next, remove the upper layer of soil.
- After marking the area you need to dig a few holes for the installation of supports.
- Side piles are installed and concreted.
- Vertical racks are interconnected by means of a metal profile or wooden plates. It all depends on the type of your facilities.
- The roof of the vineyard can make both acute and round. It all depends on the homeowner's fantasy. Also, instead of the roof, you can stretch several layers of wire along which your vineyard will wind.
If your design is metal, then it must be covered with a special anti-corrosion agent. For wood options on the market sold primer to cover the wood.
Grapes should be seated at a distance of 25 cm from the structure in order for its fruits to ripen safely. The approximate depth of the pits is 50 cm, with an interval of about 80 cm between them.
During the landing, try to follow the steps below:
- the first layer is filled with 15 cm of sand or small stones;
- mineral fertilizer is added to the ground;
- Fill half the well with the mixture;
- the stalk is planted at a slight angle (not perpendicular);
- bury the hole, and the cutting moderately watered;
- The resulting seedling is tied to the bottom of the hinged structure with the help of a rope.
Additional extensions to the house
It doesn’t matter whether you choose a gazebo or a welding shed, it’s important that it is located near the veranda or above the entrance to the house.
Before building this structure, you need to calculate in advance how much material you need. The easiest solution is considered to lead the plane of the gazebo to the roof of a residential building.
If you are doing a welding canopy, then you can combine it with a veranda or hang summer children's swings.
It is desirable to locate the vineyard on the south side of the plot, otherwise your plant will not bear fruit.
Not all owners of country sites know that not every grape will be suitable for a shed. Choose a grape variety should be very careful.
For Russia, it is recommended to plant frost-resistant varieties, for example, "Concord" or "Isabella". These options are not afraid of any coolness or direct sunlight, and do not require any special care for themselves.
On the principles of the formation of bushes of grapes for growing on the gazebo, see the following video.