Wall sconces with switch
In the interior of any home a key element of the situation is lighting. Well, if it is sufficient. But often for extra lighting you have to buy wall sconces with a switch. These lighting devices have a number of advantages, due to which they harmoniously fit into the interior of a residential house or apartment, compensating for the lack of central lighting.
Wall sconces with a switch - decorative devices of local lighting, which are mounted on the wall by means of special fixing tools. These devices are functional devices.
Regardless of model, size and shape, they are:
- make up for the lack of central lighting to the desired volume;
- due to the used tone of the light flux, they visually change the space of the room, filling it with the desired atmosphere;
- compensate for the level of illumination, darkened by the dark color of wallpaper and furnishings;
- are a source of light when there is no need to use a central lamp;
- depending on the model, they perform the function of a night light, illuminating the child’s room with a muffled light;
- are the support of the style, differing in the original design.
At the wall lamps mass advantages:
- they are distinguished by a wide model range, which allows to successfully fit the lamp into any interior;
- depending on the model, they are suitable for use in different rooms of the dwelling (including a small-sized plan);
- can be placed anywhere on the wall, taking into account the interior composition;
- are single accents or pair of symmetrical accessories;
- made of different modern materials in compliance with the requirements of safety and attractiveness of the design;
- differ in the type of installation and the type of switch, allowing the buyer to purchase the most convenient option;
- have a rich size range, allowing you to harmoniously fit the product in a specific room with the characteristics of the area;
- have several types of light source, varying warm and cold shades, allowing you to choose a temperature close to daylight;
- create a relaxing atmosphere in the room, organizing the illumination of a particular space;
- have an extensive color palette of finishes, which is convenient for the style and highlighting the emphasis of the situation;
- they save the work of the central ceiling lighting, which often reacts to frequent switching on and off;
- have a different cost, which allows you to find the best option for harmonious decoration of the situation in the tone of the main lighting, taking into account the available budget.
Wall lights are not without flaws:
- for greater aesthetics, they need a hidden type of wiring;
- in most cases, do not provide sufficient lighting;
- in open models are unsafe for children.
Sources of light
These lighting devices are classified according to the type of light source.
- halogen lamps;
- fluorescent light bulbs;
Incandescent bulbs are well-known Soviet devices that have lost their relevance due to inefficiency. They get very hot during work, consume a lot of electricity and are dangerous if they are not covered with a shade (they can burn hands).Halogen counterparts have better light output, are more durable, with a hint of luminescence reminiscent of natural light. However, they do not tolerate surface contamination, are expensive and burn out due to the high temperature inside the lamp.
Fluorescent lamps - familiar to all energy-saving devices that are durable, practically do not heat up, save electricity. However, these light sources are dangerous, as manufacturers are silent about. In the process, they release mercury vapor into the air. They are afraid of power surges, are incompatible with dimmers, tire eyes and differ humming sound at the time of work.
LED - LED lamps of a new generation. They are expensive, consume a minimum of electricity, do not flicker in the process of work, transmit a uniform luminous flux. And although their light is directional, you can choose any tone, including natural and color shades. The advantages include soft light and harmlessness: they do not emit toxins into the air.
According to the type of lighting, wall sconces can be divided into decorative accessories, work equipment and night lamps. The first products are needed to create a special interior composition: thisaccent lighting that indicates the design idea. This type is a classic, chiseled, subsurface. For example, in children's rooms it can be a flower with a closed canopy, which stands out against the background of the wall and makes the room special, magical.
Models for work - designs with an emphasis on functionality. Most often they are placed above the writing desk or computer desk: these lighting devices provide the right lighting where the central lighting is inadequate. They have a simple design so as not to interfere with the concentration of attention. Night light designs are bedside models. Today they are favorites, dissolving in the mass of varieties and forms. It is to them that the main functionality belongs, which is distinguished by a dynamic light or the creation of light pictures.
The existing types of wall lamps are divided into two groups:
- closed type;
- models with directional luminous flux;
The first designs resemble ceiling lamps; they are distinguished by a closed canopy with a matte or transparent texture and a predominantly geometric shape. They are round, square, in the form of a rhombus with concave edges and semicircles.Such designs are convenient in any room, fit perfectly into the modern style and are capable, in addition to walls, to be placed on the ceiling. Variants for children are performed in the form of all kinds of toys, flowers, and marine subjects.
Sconces with directional luminous flux are single-tube wall accessories, in which the light source is open, while it is possible to adjust the direction of the light beam. They are used when working at a desk, for reading and for highlighting pictures and mirrors, as well as zoning space. Often, models are made with an emphasis on a stylish and beautiful appearance. They can be classic, in the form of lamps with floor lamps, creative, similar to coarse lanterns, metal pipes with open lamps, chemical flasks and other futuristics.
Popular models on the wall are:
- flowers with a string;
- geometric shapes with integrated switch;
- candles and torches on a flexible leg;
- floor lamps and candelabra with cord;
- carved glasses and round bowls;
- vintage lace shapes.
Sconces can be with a socket, dimmer. Surface models are relevant with a minimum of space.Suspended harmonious in spacious rooms
The range of electrical products takes into account the functionality, stylish design and workmanship. It is the switch of the model, consisting of a working mechanism and protective elements, that is the main factor in the purchase of a wall lamp. It differs in the type of installation and location (it happens on the wire, with hidden wiring), the method of fixing the wires, the control system, according to which it can be:
- keyboards - one-key or two-key light switch on the body;
- push-button - a system with a moving contact and a return spring;
- rope - electrical cord with a switch on the cord (cord);
- chain - a device analogue of a rope (a chain is used instead of a cord);
- rotary - the switch on the case with turn;
- touch - with integrated microcircuit.
The luminaire is connected via wall cable or directly to the mains. The system of switching on the mechanisms is different: the switch is turned on by pressing the key up, turns off - down, the rotary is a kind of lever, the dimmer rotates, the button with the first press turns on,at the second, it shuts down. Rope option on the principle of operation is an analogue of the push-button switch.
The color palette of wall lamps is diverse and depends on several factors:
- room styling;
- color type of interior composition;
- sufficiency of lighting;
- own preferences;
- user age;
- material used and finishes.
The priority is transparent, white, beige, silver, gold shades of ceiling lamps and lighting fixtures: they harmoniously fit into almost any interior style, while not reducing the intensity of the light flux and add light spots to the space.
No less popular tones in bronze, brown-gray, purple.
Fashionable technique is a metallic reflection of the material and texture for vintage.
Black color makes a negative, so it is used no more than in the form of finishes and in limited quantities. Models for children abound in bright colors: warm yellow, pink, lilac, green tones and fresh mint colors are popular.
Tips for choosing
When buying a wall lamp with a switch, it is important to consider:
- features of the functional: the presence of the adjustment of the angle of inclination, the intensity of the luminous flux, the on-off timer, motion sensor
- production material: priority is painted wood, metal, glass (plastic and plastic are harmful, toxins are emitted into the air during the heating process of the lamp);
- Conformity of material, design and style: species under the tree are relevant in eco directions, plastic and metal models are relevant in modern interiors;
- reputation of manufacturer and seller (among high-quality designer models, Tiffany lamps manufactured in Italy and products of the Russian brand Aurora can be considered);
- switch features: dimmer allows varying the intensity of illumination from 0 to 100%, the touchscreen is equipped with additional functionality, which eliminates the occurrence of a short circuit;
- “Correct” type of lamps: it is worth choosing between halogen and LED (they do not need an addictive eye, if the shade is chosen correctly, besides, they shine for a long time and practically do not heat up);
- the number of lamps in the model: if the room is dark, one lamp may be small;
- standard cap type: often creative models do not provide for the replacement of lamps, which makes the product unsuitable for use in the event of a source of light;
- matching the color and shape of a model with a central lighting fixture: the chandelier and wall lamp must adhere to the same range and shape.
In addition, it is important to note that the light should not hit the eyes: it is harmful to the retina and optic nerve. Preferred models with closed covers.
Variants of placement in the interior
To appreciate the role of wall lights with a switch, you can see examples of placing sconces in different interiors.
It is possible to illuminate the recreation area by means of several round-shaped LED lamps of different sizes, decorated with a gilded frame, placing them randomly on the wall above the sofa. Stylish and tasteful.
It is possible to decorate a nursery, to develop a love for beauty and make a room magical with the help of wall sconces of the closed type in the form of flowers, adding bright butterflies to the summer theme of the design.
You can make lighting of the dining area evenly with the help of a few sconces, placing them between the mirrors, using lamps with tinted mirror frames and furniture to decorate the room.
If you need something special, design, you should think about the form: a unique sakura and a lantern will be a bright design technique, decorating not only the wall, but even the corner of the room.
If you have the desire and skills, you can decorate the room with a custom-made design: even with a simple silhouette of cat figures, the look of the room will be special.
How to place and connect wall sconces, see the following video.