Children's folding sofas: models and tips for choosing
Folding sofa fits even in a small nursery, as assembled, it does not take up much space. After the transformation, there is a comfortable sleeping space, not inferior to the bed. Most of the models manufacturers equip boxes for storing clothes, which allows you to maximize the space for games.
Children's sofas are safe even for kids 1.5-2 years old. And it will be easy to choose the right one in form and color, because there are models of different designs on sale: for boys and for girls, teenagers and preschoolers.
Browse popular models
The greatest demand is for straight sofas. There are models of different sizes, from compact to wide. If the area of the room is quite small, pay attention to their variety such as a chair-bed. In a more spacious nursery, it can be used as an addition to the main bed.And if necessary, and as a cot.
Sofa couch - a combination of a sofa and a bed. Due to the asymmetry, it looks unusual and stylish. The back will protect from contact with a cold wall. Such models are equipped with orthopedic mattresses, which will be an advantage when choosing furniture for the student.
In a spacious nursery it would be nice to buy an angular sofa. By spreading it, you can get a bed for two children. During the day it will be convenient to play or accept a large company of friends. Popular and small corner sofas, which are moved apart. They are decorated with asymmetrically located bumpers or pillows. As a rule, they are comparable in width with the chair.
Another option is modular. The child will be able to change the situation according to his mood: to assemble parts into one design or leave puffs for games.
In the room where two children live, you can buy a transforming sofa. When disassembled, it is almost the same as a regular bunk bed. The upper berth is fenced, and you can climb on a metal ladder.
The lower part can be used for sleeping or playing, it depends on the location of the pillows.The assembled design looks like a straight sofa.
Some of these models do not fold - it turns out the sofa, over which the bed is reinforced. In this case, manufacturers provide compartments for laundry.
For younger children, another type of transformer construction will do. It is arranged on the principle of a vykatnogo sofa: the lower berth extends from under the upper. Pillows are removed from the seat, and it also becomes a bed. Bunk sofas help to maximize the use of space, especially when several children live in the same room.
The children's sofa serves approximately 7 years, after that replacement or restoration is required. What moments need to be considered in order not to regret buying?
Let's start with the look of the furniture. A child under 5 may like a mini-sofa in the form of a house, car or soft toy. It is important that the sides are permanent or removable.
Older children can buy a sofa of a more familiar shape, but of an unusual color.
Girls often like models of pastel colors, white and different shades of pink. They can be decorated with buttons, ruffles and cute pillows.
And girls and boys may like a sofa with the image of cartoon characters, funny pictures or ornaments. Sometimes manufacturers complement the sofa neutral design unusual pillows. When the child's taste changes, they can be replaced by others. Also, the boy may like the details that make the furniture look like a spaceship, car or robot.
Asymmetrical design of contrasting colors can be offered to a teenager and a child over 7-8 years old. Or buy a plain sofa, and accessories for him, made in different styles, and change them in mood.
So there will be another reason to take the initiative and to train creative thinking.
However, the folding sofa does not have to be the centerpiece of the nursery. Models of traditional form, harmoniously inscribed in the interior, look no worse. Other parameters are much more important:
- strength, reliability and safety of the structure;
- height and dimensions of the bed, comfortable for the child;
- availability of high-quality mattress with a thickness of 8 cm;
- use of environmentally friendly materials.
The children's sofa will have to endure not only frequent transformations, but also active games.Therefore, experts recommend choosing roll-out sofas and accordion models for toddlers and younger students.
In addition, you need to check whether the protruding solid parts and sharp corners. Fasteners and mechanisms must be securely hidden. Drawers for laundry must be placed on the guides.
If the folding sofa will be often used for sleeping, pay attention to its filling. It is spring and springless.
Independent spring blocks provide the most comfortable position of the spine in a dream, but are rarely used in the production of sofas.
The springs are not connected to each other, packed in barrels separately. Exclude surface vibrations.
Bonnel - a system of interconnected springs covered with another material - horsehair, polyurethane foam. It has an orthopedic effect. The more thin springs, the more pronounced it is.
This type of filling is best for children over 7 years old and teenagers.
Furniture with springless fillers can only be used for sleeping by babies under 7 years old. They are also divided into 2 groups.
- Rigid - block and cast polyurethane foam, balls from polystyrene. For regular sleep, preferred materials in this group.
- Soft - foam rubber, sintepon, durafil, holofiber. Suitable only for guest sofas.
Check the density of the filler is simple - just press on the surface. If it has leveled off quickly, then rigid packing is used.
Furniture manufacturers have developed more than 10 sliding mechanisms. But not all of them allow you to keep your body in a comfortable position. For children's sofas use systems that create the most comfortable surface for sleeping.
- Rollout - the compact and reliable mechanism, the child can cope with it also. To expand the sofa, just pull the loop on the front, and the back falls by itself. In this case, the design becomes slightly lower, so that the baby will be comfortable to climb on it. The bed is smooth, without kinks and tubercles. It is worth paying attention to models with rubberized wheels - they will not spoil the floor with frequent use.
- "Accordion" - consists of a seat and folded backrest.If you pull the loop, the seat goes forward, and you get a place to sleep. The child will be able to cope with this mechanism independently from about 7 years of age. The assembled sofas are small in size, often in the set there are removable covers. But the bed may be uneven.
- "Dolphin" - used in corner models. There are options in which the mechanism "dolphin" is combined with withdrawable. Differs in high durability as the skeleton is made of steel. The sleeping area is spacious, some sofas are suitable for two children. However, to lay out such a sofa, most likely, will have an adult.
- "Click-klyak" - a design in the transformation of which only the upper part is involved. There is an intermediate position between collected and unfolded, when you can recline on the couch. During sleep, load distributes orthopedic armor. More suitable teenager, the baby will not be able to cope with the mechanism.
Before buying, check how convenient a particular model unfolds, and whether it is easy for a child to control it.
Dimensions of the sofa is better to choose with a margin. The length should be more than 50 cm tall.To determine the optimal width of the sleeping space, ask the baby to lie down with arms outstretched.
The length of standard sofa mattresses starts from 186 cm, and the width - from 60 cm. But such sofas will suit only the smallest. Comfortable considered models with a width of 80 cm. The greatest demand for sofas 190 cm in length and 90 cm in width. The maximum dimensions of the bed - 200x150 cm.
If you are in doubt whether the sofa will fit in the space allotted to it, solve the problem as a designer.
- Draw a plan of the room with the main elements of the situation, mark on it, which way the doors open.
- Cut out of paper rectangles whose dimensions are equal to the size of the selected model in assembled and disassembled form.
- Try different accommodation options. In the same way you can do with the rest of the furniture, and come up with a new arrangement.
For the manufacture of the frame using wood, plywood, metal. Each of the materials is good in its own way.
- Metal carcass - durable, allows you to create models of unusual shape. Used in models for older students or in combination with other materials.
- Tree - environmentally friendly material, but if it has not passed the correct processing, will not last long. The main part of the frame is made of timber, and for the side parts use glued laminated timber.
- Plywood frame possible only in small sofas. It is lightweight, but durable - the service life of the product will be about 10 years.
The most reliable models, the frame of which consists of several materials. As a rule, it is a folding mechanism of metal, and the case of plywood or wood.
Natural material upholstery does not cause allergies, does not abrade over time, but it is difficult to remove pollution from it. To simplify cleaning, you can purchase several replacement covers from the same material.
Those who allow the use of synthetics should look at the following materials.
- Teflon coated fabrics - they are considered the most resistant to dirt. Soft, pleasant to the touch.
- Chenille - easily cleaned from stains, does not wipe.
Jacquard fabrics are not suitable for children's furniture, since it is impossible to remove dirt from them.
Spectacular examples in the interior
With the heroes of your favorite fairy tale you can not only play, but also sleep in an embrace. This sofa toy can be replaced by the first bed of the baby.Such a model will immediately attract attention, so it is desirable that its color is combined with the overall color scheme of the nursery.
Most likely, a child older than 3 years old will enjoy sleeping next to cartoon characters. Then the sofa will become the central object in the nursery.
The sofa of a laconic form and rather quiet coloring is also suitable for a children's room. Thanks to the pillows, butterflies, he looks like an adult, but quite dull.
Option for a small nursery. In the afternoon, a bright, comfortable sofa will decorate the teenage room. At night, he turns into a bunk bed.
Folding furniture is convenient not only as the main place to sleep. This compact chair-bed is a backup option for the guest.
How to choose a children's sofa, see the following video.