How to choose a sofa for a teenage girl?
Nowadays, the choice of teenage furniture is so great that it is quite difficult to choose the ideal model. So, only one sofa is sold a lot. There are classic, and avant-garde, and small, and very large options. It is worth considering in detail how to choose a suitable sofa for a teenage girl, and what requirements an ideal model should meet.
Features of teenage furniture
At present, the choice of soft furniture for children and adolescents is extremely diverse. You can choose the perfect option for the interior of any stylistic direction. In addition, the sofa for the girl will choose, even if the room is very small. The teenage furniture is presently represented not only by strict classical copies, but also by courageous, original products,which are able to transform the interior of the room. In furniture stores there are products of different colors, so you can safely say that you will be able to find a suitable copy for furnishings made in any colors.
One of the most important distinguishing features that any teenage furniture should have is its safety. And it doesn’t matter how old the girl is. For example, sofas with sideboards are recommended for babies that can prevent falls. As for the teenage options, for them the bumpers are not mandatory, but the absence of sharp corners will be a big plus. In addition, such furniture should not have protruding metal parts on the frame - you can accidentally get hurt about them in a hurry.
Teenage furniture should be of high quality. Truly reliable and durable models are made from safe and high-quality materials. If you want to save money and buy a cheap sofa, then you should be prepared for the fact that very soon it will begin to deform and lose its attractive appearance. Another feature of teenage furniture is its convenience.Such products should be as comfortable as possible in operation; otherwise, the girl will simply be uncomfortable resting on such a sofa. Equipping a nursery or room for a teenager, many people prefer multifunctional models with various additional details, for example, drawers, cabinets or side tables - there are a lot of options. Such types of teenage sofas are especially in demand, since they solve several problems at once and allow you to save free space in the house.
In most cases, children's rooms have a small area, so the sofas for them have to choose, keeping this feature in mind. Fortunately, the choice of various models of upholstered furniture for teenagers is simply huge, therefore, it will be possible to choose the best copy regardless of the size of the space available. It is worth considering in detail what types of sofas for teenage girls offer modern manufacturers. Upholstered furniture such as sofa beds can be used day and night. Best of all, functional and most comfortable sofa beds are suitable for this.Today, many consumers turn to them.
Such models are as follows:
- single beds;
- type loft;
Single options are very similar to standard beds. In them there is an addition in the form of three backs. Thanks to these elements, during the daytime, the bed turns into a regular sofa, especially if you complete such furniture with thick pillows near the longest backrest. Such products have the following advantages:
- the presence of several additional sections, which usually fold various accessories for sleeping;
- reliability and durability of the structure, due to the fact that such furniture is not required to be regularly folded and laid out to prepare a place to sleep;
- The current sofa beds are presented in numerous versions with different types of upholstery.
Most often, people buy multifunctional models in which there are drawables or drawers. As for the popular attic type sofa today, it is a furniture structure consisting of two tiers. In them, a place to sleep is at the top, and the sofa itself is at the bottom.Do not confuse such models with the classic two-level options, because in the latter there are two sleeping beds, and in the attic sofa - only one. Most consumers prefer this model of a teenage couch, because it has such advantages as:
- it does not have to constantly fold and fold, so the furniture will last longer, because there will be no wear of mechanical parts;
- Often, the side walls of the lofts are equipped with accessories like sports sections or corners (it is permissible to install sections for storing things);
- Such models take up little free space in the room, combining several functional components in their construction at once.
Today practical and multifunctional transforming sofas are in great demand. Such models of upholstered furniture are found in many homes. So, the sofa that seamlessly reincarnates into a comfortable bed is considered the most popular and sought after. Such convertible sofas have such major advantages as:
- a chic selection of a variety of models having different shapes, colors and folding mechanisms;
- Some versions of the transformer can be seamlessly positioned opposite the narrow wall in the room;
- when folded, these sofas take up very little space, but if they are expanded, they easily turn into full-fledged sleeping beds;
- different fillers may be present in such products (experts advise to give preference to variants with orthopedic blocks, independent springs or latex);
- Transformers are represented by models with different prices - there are both very expensive and budget copies that everyone can afford;
- It is very convenient to use such furniture - it is easy to fold out and fold up (a teenage girl will cope with this seamlessly, since you will not need to make extra efforts).
There are also such kinds of teenage sofas in which there is a lifting bed. To organize a bed in a similar model, you need to lower the bed, which is in an upright position behind the sofa. These types of upholstered furniture can also be easily purchased for a teenage girl. They have the following advantages:
- look aesthetic and original;
- the mechanisms in these models are very easy to control;
- occupy little free space in the nursery.
Functional and easy-to-use sofa beds are equipped with various mechanisms. They act differently. It is worth getting acquainted with the most popular existing designs of sofas.
- Roll out. This mechanism is considered one of the strongest and most durable. In addition, it has excellent stability, which is noted by many consumers. In the folded state, the vykatny sofas take up very little space in the room of a teenager, which is very important if we are talking about a modest area. These models are laid out very simply - you need to pull the seat of the sofa towards yourself, and the place to sleep will be ready. However, it should be borne in mind that upon completion of folding, such furniture loses in height - in the folded state, the roll-out sofas are higher.
- Accordion. This mechanism is characterized by small size. Sofas with him are transformed very simply - an adolescent girl can easily cope with this furniture. Accordion mechanism sofas consist of 2 parts.If you pull the special loop, located at the bottom of the back, the product will easily take a horizontal position. At the same time, a place to sleep from the side will look like a comfortable and cute bed with armrests.
- Click-klyak. This popular sliding mechanism was developed in France. It is very similar to the design, called books. The transformation of such a sofa usually occurs without unnecessary noise. However, he can take three basic positions: sitting, lying and reclining. Pillows on the sides in such a model can act as both armrests and headrests. It is recommended to put sofas with a click-klyak mechanism in rooms where girls who are at least 8 years old live.
- Dolphin. This is another common mechanism, which is installed in many versions of the sofas angular design. To organize a bed in such furniture, you will need to slightly pull the strap at the bottom of the sofa. With the aid of the hinge, the block hidden under the seat will be fed first. Such a variant of upholstered furniture is suitable for a teenage girl who lives in a rather spacious room.
The choice of the ideal sofa for a teenage girl is often influenced by the presence of such additional functional components as:
- comfortable internal drawers or additional sections, which usually store different things and bedding;
- sports corners and walls on the side of two-level options;
- in the models called attics, the sleeping and living areas are often combined;
- attics are also often complemented by small staircases that lead to the second tier, where the bed is located.
When choosing suitable sofas for a teenage girl's room, several important criteria should be considered.
- Manufacturing material. Experts recommend to give preference to products made of natural wood. Yes, they usually are expensive, but are environmentally friendly and last a very long time. Models made of MDF or laminated chipboard will cost less, but they look simpler, and their service life is much shorter than that of wooden specimens (LDSP is a completely toxic material, in which formaldehyde resins are present). You can also turn to metal products, but they are usually very heavy, so it might not be very convenient for a teenage girl to use them.
- Upholstery. Experts advise to give preference to such types of textiles as microfiber, flock, jacquard, velor, chenille or cotton. The color of the fabric should match the interior as a whole.
- Filler. It is necessary to choose sofas, in which there is a high-quality and environmentally friendly filler. Of course, a model with foam rubber will be cheap, but it will last not so long and quickly lose its visual appeal. It is advisable to choose more expensive options with high-quality orthopedic mattress.
- Design and functionality. Before you go to the store for a suitable model of the sofa, you should decide in advance on what functions you want to see in it.
- Build quality. Before buying furniture, you should definitely examine it carefully - there should be no damage, scuffs or sharp sharp parts of the internal structure on the sofa. In addition, you need to check the operation of the mechanism - it should not emit extraneous noise, squeaks or rattle. The sales consultant should assist in the inspection. If there are damages on the model or the mechanism is malfunctioning, then it is better to refuse the purchase.
- Manufacturer. You should purchase only branded models of sofas. Usually they are expensive, especially if it is a large foreign manufacturer. It is better not to strive for too cheap products, as they most often serve not for long and quickly lose their attractive appearance.
Beautiful examples in the interior
A properly selected sofa for a child’s room or a teenager’s room will not only ensure a comfortable rest of its owner, but will also be a harmonious addition to the existing interior. Moreover, the situation can be made in almost any style - thanks to a wide choice of upholstered furniture, it is easy to choose the appropriate option. It is worth considering a few harmonious interiors of children's rooms, where there are sofas of different modifications and colors:
- In a room with cream walls and a light parquet floor, a stationary sofa made of beige wood with an orange upholstered seat and back will look great. On the wall behind the furniture, you can hang a picture with summer landscapes, lay a green carpet on the floor and reinforce it with green translucent curtains on the windows.
- A charming bright pink sofa with velvet carriage stitch will be a wonderful addition to the room with monochrome wallpaper decorated with large pink flowers.On the floor is to lay a light cream laminate.
- A snow-white transformer sofa with wooden sides will look spectacular in the nursery with soft pink walls, brown floor, and parquet flooring. It is possible to complete such an ensemble with purple and pink pillows, a large ceiling chandelier with white round shades and drawings or paintings on the wall above the sofa.
How to choose a sofa for a teenage girl, see the next video.