Variants and features of redevelopment one-room apartment
Often you can meet people who are extremely unhappy with the layout of their home and just dream to remake the apartment so that it fully meets the tastes and lifestyle of its inhabitants. In addition, it often happens that a change in marital status or family composition necessitates redevelopment. As a rule, such ideas arise precisely from the owners of one-bedroom apartments.
Anyone who thinks about redevelopment should initially thoroughly study the issue, analyze which house the apartment is in and whether planning is possible here. And if so, which one.
Types of buildings
The Russian construction market is quite monotonous in the question of the types of residential buildings. Today, the most popular type of housing - apartments in panel houses. This is due to the fact that young families seek to acquire their own housing, and take a fresh apartment as a mortgage. Often in this case, families prefer to participate in shared construction, which can significantly reduce the size of the down payment and the monthly payment.
Because of this, “brezhnevki” and “stalinki” were on the periphery of the range of interests of potential buyers. However, statistics show that a rather large percentage of the population still lives in “Khrushchev”. Right now the construction market is experiencing a wave of renovation of residential premises, since the change of generations within the same family implies changes in the interior.
Let's get acquainted with the projects of different types of housing:
- studios first appeared in Russia in the middle of the twentieth century and immediately received great demand from the so-called creative elite. It included artists, sculptors and musicians who happily bought up wide and light layouts, having their own studios and workshops in them.In Stalin's high-rise buildings they began to allocate the last floor especially for apartments of this type.
The special charm of the studios is the abundance of space and light.
Very often in such apartments there will be several windows. And if the layout is angular, the effect of a kind of aquarium filled with streams of light is created;
- standard one-room "Khrushchev" - This housing is a combination of a room of 30 sq m, kitchen, bathroom and hallway. The total area of such an apartment can be as much as 35-37 square meters, and 40 squares. In the new high-rise buildings all the rooms are much larger and wider;
- "Dvushki" in 42 sq m also often undergo redevelopment, especially in the "Khrushchev". This is due to the fact that the shape of the rooms in such buildings is very inconvenient for interior design - the oblong rectangle that represents these rooms, directly causes the desire to perform at least some zoning, otherwise the room looks dull.
There are several options for housing modifications:
It assumes exclusively the movement of furniture in the apartment space without any repairs.As experience shows, sometimes in order for a room to change beyond recognition or even turn into 2 rooms, it is enough to put a rack or cabinet in a certain place, or to acquire a screen.
All changes in terms of visual redevelopment, it is desirable to carry out, armed with the recommendations of the designer or having previously studied the basic laws of zoning yourself.
Sometimes the interior of the room can also play its role here - wallpapers of different colors will help to create the effect of fragmented space and the transformation of a 1-room apartment into a 2-room apartment;
More radical option
This is the demolition of partitions and walls. In one-room apartments, you can proceed boldly - as a rule, inside such premises there are no bearing walls, so here you can completely surrender to the power of your imagination: break walls and work on turning into a one-room apartment. And if you consult with experts in advance, you can go even further - suppose, before merging two apartments into one three-room or even five-room one.
However, even with such permissible freedom in redevelopment, experts recommend not to touch the bathrooms, otherwise it will be incredibly difficult to tune the work of all communications.
In addition, we should not forget that a large role in what kind of redevelopment will be chosen is played by who lives in the altered apartment. For example, if the tenant prefers to eat outside the house, it is safe to expand the space by eliminating the dining area. But if a person lives in an apartment who works at home, a prerequisite will be to allocate space for a desk and, possibly, some cabinets. The younger generation will calmly react to the option in the form of a transforming bed, while a middle-aged couple can be horrified.
Given the psychological characteristics of tenants, designers offer a whole range of interesting solutions:
- for a single man The most optimal solution for planning is the transformation of a standard one-room apartment into a studio. For this, all partitions inside the “odnushki” are demolished, except for those that separate the bathroom. Zoning is recommended not with the help of cabinets or screens, but with the use of glass partitions, which will not visually narrow the space;
- for couples and newlyweds It is preferable to choose the option in which the sleeping space is separated from the rest of the room and has a more intimate and cozy atmosphere. The solution in this case may be this: the kitchen is visually expanding due to the fact that the tabletop is mounted in the form of the letter "p", turning, including in the continuation of the window sill. The kitchen and living room are combined into one space, and in the sleeping area there is a small corner with a window;
- couples Also, you can first think about the possibilities for redevelopment of your little nest, before you go in search of housing more spaciously. It would seem that this task is impossible. But here are possible options. For example, you can radically rethink your attitude to the layout and place the kitchen right in the center of the apartment. Then the space that is traditionally reserved for cooking can be used for other purposes. Also, the role played by the warming of the balcony and turning it into a continuation of the room.
How to make repairs?
Do not forget that redevelopment is a serious matter. Accordingly, before proceeding with the repair, if it involves intervention in the structure of the room, you need to take a few important steps to coordinate your project. And in order for your ideas to be approved, do not forget about such simple rules:
- if the repair is supposed to be done in the “Khrushchev”, remember that in these houses it is forbidden to move the kitchen into the living room. For example, one of the redevelopment options described above will not work for you;
- should study the features of the area in which you live. The rules of some areas prohibit the unification of the kitchen with the living space;
- it is forbidden to change the area of the bathroom (either upward due to living space, or downward due to the kitchen);
- It is forbidden to change the position of gas risers and other communications;
- you should not touch the ventilation system in the process of redevelopment where there are gas appliances;
- it is impossible to transfer the battery from the living area to the balcony;
- any actions that lead to an increase in the weight attributable to the supporting walls are also considered illegal;
- Before you redevelop, make sure that your home is not included in the number of buildings whose condition is recognized as an emergency.
In addition, if after the redevelopment of a small one-room apartment in a two-room apartment, one of the rooms was deprived of a window, you should consider the rules of ventilation and fresh air.And in order to visually transform a room without a window, you can use an LED tape imitating a window opening or paste over one wall with wallpaper with a landscape - so the space will expand.
Interesting design ideas
In order not to remain unfounded, we bring to your attention several curious and non-standard examples of the transformation of a one-room apartment:
- furniture zoning can be done not only with the use of a high cabinet or shelving - use the bar counter to separate the kitchen space from the reception area. The bar counter will not visually "eat up" the place, as a cupboard would inevitably do, but a definite boundary between the zones will be indicated.
The same function can successfully perform and corner sofa. It is enough to place it not along the walls, as is usually done, but in the middle of the room, thus a certain part of the room will be “cut off” from the main one. In addition, do not forget that today the furniture is produced not only in standard shapes and sizes.
Sometimes even just a curved tabletop or sofa of unusual shape can be a great way to divide the space;
- curtains can also play a role - install a ceiling eaves in the middle of the room and pull down the part of the room where the bed or desk is placed when guests arrive. And it can be both heavy and imposing curtains, and unobtrusive bamboo curtains;
- screen mounting - The most classic way to separate space. It does not even need to describe in detail what the advantages of this option. The screen of the desired size and style will be a great accent throughout the design of the room. The partition can be fabric, and maybe wooden, for example, tracery with intricate monograms. A great option - glass partitions.
And there is always the opportunity to make the screen unevenly transparent - this will create a certain movement of air and light;
- you can play with the levels: install something like a catwalk for a sleeping area or even raise the bed to the ceiling with the help of tier installation. This will create the feeling that the apartment is a two-level and visually “raise” the ceiling.
However, the owners of the apartment in the "Khrushchev" will have to forget about this option - redevelopment of this type is possible only if the ceiling height is at least 3 m.
In this case, you can simply limit yourself to buying a bunk bed with a sofa on the "first floor". And the multi-level floor will definitely become a memorable highlight of your apartment, since this is quite a rare phenomenon for standard one-room apartments;
- use the loggia as a separate room or the continuation of the main living space. To do this, it is possible (provided that the project is approved from a legal point of view) to remove the lower part of the wall. If permission is not obtained, it is worth considering the loggia as a continuation of the kitchen, removing the window and the door and turning openings, for example, into a bar counter.
This will save space by discarding the dinner table;
- drywall zoning - one of the most convenient and easily implemented ways of re-planning of space. Firstly, its use does not require special coordination, and secondly, it does not have to spend too much time on finishing it, thirdly, this material is quite pleasant in terms of subsequent cleaning-up - there is little rubbish left. In addition, drywall has a high fire resistance.
But it is worth remembering that the use of drywall as a partition does not provide absolutely no sound insulation. And also keep in mind that the wall of this material is not very strong, so it will not be possible to hang a heavy shelf or a heavy panel on it.
See the next video for more redevelopment options.