Interesting ideas for the interior of villas and private homes
Today, the country house has finally ceased to be perceived by citizens as a place where you come exclusively in the summer, spending time trying to grow a worthy harvest or in care of little grandchildren.
Modern cottage - a great place for a good rest in the fresh air among family and friends. Comfortable evenings by the fireplace, board games that have been popular for a long time, walks and furnishing the interior - all this gives today a person who wants to at least occasionally relax from the city rush, offices and supermarkets, with nothing comparable pleasure.
That is why the interior of a modern country house is very important, because a beautiful and comfortable interior space helps a person to fully relax and escape from the daily routine of the city.Well, to equip a country house or a small cottage is not difficult, even with a limited budget.
We will make a reservation at once that we will consider interesting interior ideas for a country house or a small cottage of no more than 36 square meters. m, and not for a private home for permanent residence or a villa. These ideas will help you to make a cozy space of a small house, where we come first of all to relax your soul.
Starting to arrange the dacha, it is desirable to determine in advance the presence and space of functional zones.
The decoration of the country house will largely depend on the presence of the second floor, attic and veranda, on the number of rooms and windows in them.
The most common variant of a country house is a wooden or brick structure with an area of approximately 6x6 square meters. m in which there is a small space for the kitchen, often combined with a veranda, 2-3 rooms on the first floor and 1 large or 2 small rooms on the second floor or in the attic room.
Let us highlight some of the features that should be taken into account by all owners of a country house, regardless of its size:
- the interior of the cottage should not be similar to the interior of urban housing.This does not mean that the remains of wallpaper or other finishing materials that have been saved after renovation in a city apartment by economical owners cannot be used. Sure you may. But to create a similar interior in the same urban dwelling style - it is not necessary, because it will remind you of urban life and work concerns;
- for the interior of a country cottage such common “urban” styles as loft, minimalism and urban style will not work. Plastic and chrome-plated metal, accompanying these styles, it is difficult to fit into the country interior;
- the kitchen and recreation area should be allocated, even if there is only one room in your house;
- quiet light colors and all shades of natural wood are a great option for country décor, and with bright accents the textile décor will do perfectly - pillows, curtains, tablecloths, various rugs;
- if you have paintings and reproductions that no longer adorn the walls of a city apartment, feel free to take them to the dacha. They will wonderfully decorate the walls of a country house, however, if there are more than three of them on the wall, we recommend making frames in the same style and one color for them (except for black and white works for which you can use colorful bright frames);
- do not give up the device of a real or artificial fireplace - living fire, an armchair and a soft blanket are identified with comfort and have nothing more than a comfortable rest;
- If the interior uses vintage items, then you should not “overload” the space with them. Perfect advice for those who cannot part with statuettes, caskets, shells and other souvenirs that are dear to the heart: divide the gizmos into three parts, selecting items that fit together in each pile, put 2/3 in the boxes and place the rest in the room. Change your “collections” once a year or as often as you like;
- it just so happened that the fact that we don’t use in the city often comes to the dacha, but it’s a pity to throw it away. The main enemy of a beautiful country house is trash. We need to part with it not regretting, because we are so often confronted that even a modern, attractive outside the country house looks inside casually and dejectedly due to the abundance of old clothes, shoes, dishes.
The planning of a small country house should provide a comfortable and convenient rest. Since the country house is often small, it is necessary to carefully plan in advance the layout and design of the interior.
Determine for yourself whether you can cope with this task.It may be easier to contact a specialist to create an ergonomic and beautiful project of the internal space of the house.
Consider criteria such as the number of people who will live in the house, the possible increase in the family in the future, and the presence of small children.
The answers to the following questions will help determine the layout feature:
- how many floors will be in the house;
- what will be the shape of the roof of the house, what kind of roofing material will be used;
- Do we focus on an economy class project?
- what construction materials will be used in the project.
Having identified these important points, you can proceed to the drawing of the rooms inside the house and the selection of the design of a suitable porch. Usually in the country house economy class has a central room, combined with a kitchen, 1-2 bedrooms, as well as a bathroom.
In the comfort class house, space for additional bedrooms can be allocated, as well as the arrangement of a sauna or a bath.
The mansard room is a great opportunity to increase the space of the house, having designed it as a high-grade second floor and having equipped additional bedrooms, a library, a study or a rest room.
Also, the planning of small country houses are usually supplemented with terraces and verandas. Even ordinary a canopy over the porch of a country house allows you to use this space as a recreation area. Competent planning of even a small country house allows you to place the living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom in it. The living room can perform several functions at once - to be a dining room, an extra bedroom, a game room and a rest room.
Particular attention should be paid to the location of the furnace. The most practical is the option in which the furnace is located in the center of the living room, which allows you to heat the entire room and simultaneously zone it.
The interior of a country house should be such that you want to come to the country as often as possible. Consider some styles that are suitable for country living and allow you to use what was once sent to a link from a city apartment.
Country Style or Rustic
The most universal, reflecting the special flavor of the country where it is used. Simplicity and bright accents, the use of natural materials and natural fabrics - all this gives the style of country charm and sincerity.
One of the most favorite destinations is this French style. Light shades of furniture, the design of walls for plaster, forging elements, wicker baskets and textiles with dull floral motifs are the main distinctive features of the style.
Here it is quite useful old furniture, which can be issued in the style of Provence with their own hands. True, they will have to be worked on - if necessary, remove the varnish and paint it with a paint of light tones.
It is appropriate to use lace tablecloths, curtains with lace trim, bouquets of wild flowers - dried flowers or fresh, wicker furniture, flowerpots and flower pots with a variety of plants. Interior items can be decorated with an appliqué in the style of decoupage, combining them with a single style.
Light painted walls and floor are the invariable attributes of Provence style. If the walls in the house are covered with clapboard, you should paint them white, but the beams can be distinguished with dark brown.
This is a special flavor of the rustic hut, where there is a large stove, simple wooden furniture, bright rugs and calico curtains on the windows.
Village hut style involves the use of quilting for bedspreads and pillows.(for making, you can use clothes that you don’t already wear), rags made from shreds, crocheted tablecloths. All these decorative elements of the interior today can be purchased, so it’s not at all necessary to spend time on needlework yourself.
It is good if there are antiquities in the interior - a samovar, spinning wheel, a spindle or just various wood crafts, including hand-made ones.
This area includes the English country style, characterized by restraint and aristocracy. Furniture that matches this style is usually dark brown or red-brown. These colors also paint the floor, window frames, doors.
For the decoration of the walls using a strict wallpaper with a discreet floral designs or cell, well, if these motifs will be repeated in textiles. English classic country style is impossible to imagine without a fireplace and armchairs around it. Remember that the English style has a sense of proportion, so do not overload the space with decor.
The style of the Russian noble estate
It will also be a classic style.This style is similar to the English classic country, but a bit "easier." If you want to give your home a “Chekhov” flavor, then you should plaster the walls and paint them in olive-green, gray-blue or pink-brown. Textile is better to choose the same shade as the wall, but a little brighter. or darker for a couple of tones.
Post pictures or engravings in plain wooden frames of dark brown color to walls, giving preference to modest still lifes and landscapes. Glazed bookcases and dishes will also look great in the Chekhov interior.
Supporters of this modern style in country interiors should pay attention to Scandinavian country music. Light gray and white shades are used in the finish.. A minimum of simple furniture, the absence of complex parts and decorative elements - all this allows you to create a special space that gives a person a feeling of freedom and peace.
A sense of proportion and a sense of purity of Scandinavian minimalism allows the townspeople to pay attention to the main thing why he came out of the city - to the beauty of nature outside the window.
The furniture in the country should be consistent with the general direction of your chosen style. We do not always have the opportunity to buy new tables or chairs for giving, but we can always give the old the necessary flavor. In most cases, the matter for painting is light colors for Provence style, natural unpainted wood for Russian rustic style, dark shades for English and Russian classics.
Combining incomplete furniture will help the use of textile finishes with the same ornament and the same (or similar) in color.
- Today, there are new trends relating to the manufacture of country furniture independently. For those who like to do handicrafts, you should pay attention to the old pallets. This furniture is now at the peak of popularity; groups of fans of such “furniture creativity” today are even in social networks, where creative ideas are published. In addition to such advantages as availability and environmental friendliness, it’s still worth mentioning the main disadvantage of such furniture - the quality of the wood to be used is rather low.
- Logs and pieces of logs remaining after construction or saw cut large trees should not be thrown away in any case.This is almost finished furniture! Chairs, a concise and beautiful bench, a table can be made from a log. The furniture from logs is easy in processing, effective and practical. True, the care and treatment of insect pests, it still requires.
- A rather interesting idea would be to use building coils in the interior. They can be bought for a small price, because after use at a construction site, they are usually disposed of. From the average size of the construction coil you get a wonderful tea table, and from the small ones you will find comfortable and stable stools, ottomans, and armchairs.
Finishing a wooden house, according to most designers, should be as environmentally friendly, natural. Wooden paneling, which can be painted if desired, is ideal for a simple and economical finish. In a brick or block house, you can use either plaster or wall paneling for wall decoration.. Wall-paper is recommended to be used in those indoor areas where there is no significant difference in temperature and humidity.
In a small country house is not recommended to use complex decor, as well as expensive textured wallpaper. Places that often have to be subjected to wet cleaning (this may be part of the wall and floor, the space between the stairs) can be laid out with ceramic tiles. The use of tile and stone is possible as a finishing material for an open terrace - in this case, no weather conditions will be intimidated by it.
Finishing the house outside and near the porch involves the use of a variety of materials (from simple wood to ceramic granite and artificial stone), it all depends on the general architectural and interior style and preferences of the owners.
The main thing to remember about the relevance and useful properties of certain materials for a country house.
From the fact that once came to the country to "live out their age", it is quite possible to get a real designer thing. It's time to do something that can not be done in the apartment, but for a long time I want! In this section we want to show you real examples of effective ideas for a country interior.
Let's start with the fireplace. Even if he takes a lot of space, but is the undisputed leader in giving the country house a special comfort. Regardless of whether a real fire burns in it or just electric imitation, the fireplace will be the main element of the living room setting.By the way, imitation of a fireplace can be made of a dense cardboard or plywood, using an artificial stone for finishing.
Second thing beloved by many interior designers - the old buffet. Sanded and re-painted, it will decorate both the living room and the kitchen.
The main thing is to follow some rules: if the interior of your house is the closest to the Provence style, then boldly paint the buffet with light paint (milky white, white with olive notes); Mediterranean style allows you to use bright colors - blue and green, in combination with the stencil decoration of dark colors; English classic involves painting in dark brown and red-brown.
And still attached special comfort to the interior of the country house lamp. A desk lamp with an “antique” lampshade, a kerosene lamp on the dresser, a collection of small oil lamps on the mantelpiece, a floor lamp on a high leg next to the sofa, a sconce lamp next to sleeping places - all this will add individuality to even a simple interior.
In the country, there is often a need for careful placement of many things - from inventory to sachets of seeds prepared for planting and books on gardening. Win a mess and put everything in place will help a large rack. High, from floor to ceiling, with deep open sections of different sizes, allowing you to place neat boxes or plastic containers in these sections, such a rack will become a real lifesaver in maintaining order in the country.
These photos show the most beautiful examples of the dacha interior:
- Beautiful classics with a slight touch of boho style are always a winning option. This example shows a variant of a successful zoning of a place of rest with the help of a bright carpet and upholstered furniture, which is conducive to friendly gatherings.
- A modern stove-fireplace will not only warm up a considerable space, but also perfectly fit into the interior of a small country house. Furnishing the furnace itself echoes the situation of the entire room.
- Even a very small house will seem spacious and airy inside, if you paint the walls in light colors and use laconic light furniture in the interior. Cosiness will give small details - baskets, ceramics, flower bouquets.
- The space in the attic is ideal for organizing a cozy resting place. If it is possible to install special dormer windows, do not refuse it, because then you will be able to engage in creative work or read during the day under natural light.
- Elements of the Provence style are always advantageous in the dacha interior. Wicker furniture, forged lamp, textiles with a discreet decor - all this will allow you with all your heart to feel the warmth and tranquility of the fertile south of France.
- An open veranda is an excellent option for those who want to increase the space of their holiday home. Here you can spend time on a hot afternoon and a warm summer evening, gather around a large table during a family celebration or a friendly meeting, and if there is enough space, then even dance.
- "Eco-friendly" style in the interior is very popular recently. Simple lines, a lot of wood, natural colors, a feeling of purity and peace. This situation is important not to overload with details - just a few bright accents that attract attention.
- Mixing styles is always interesting. This example shows us that even the French Provence and the Russian hut can perfectly complement each other.
Interesting ideas for a small cottage you will find in this video.