Door decoration and decor
Interior doors act not only as functional elements of the situation, separating and isolating the rooms from each other, but are also an important decorative component of the interior. One of the possibilities to diversify the situation without resorting to costly repairs is the original design and decor of the door.
Thanks to such a simple solution, the interior will acquire individuality, which is quite difficult to achieve with ready-made store solutions.
Often the reason for decorating the doors are negative changes in their appearance due to operation, when the door leaf is covered with scratches, cracks, chips and other defects.At the same time, the door itself works as it should: it closes and opens perfectly, does not jam and does not creak. It is a pity to change it, and not necessarily. There are many simple and effective techniques that allow you to reanimate old doors quickly and cost-effectively, giving them a second life. About this and talk.
In various styles
Doors - an important style-forming element of the interior. Most likely, one of the selection criteria for the purchase was their style. For the same reason, when you are going to decorate the doors, be immediately determined with the stylistic component of the future design. Consider the popular styles:
- Classic style. Classic and considered proportions of doors inherent in ancient Roman and ancient Greek classicism, and luxurious elaborate decor of paintings, typical of palace styles, and the simplest design in neoclassical trends are considered to be classic. Due to their massiveness, it is customary to associate authentic classic doors with interiors of country houses. In reality, they often decorate a variety of apartments, corresponding to the owners' idea of comfort. You can update their appearance in different ways.
Thus, the design of the paneled interior doors is characterized by the presence of a visible wooden frame, which performs the carrier function and shaped inserts - panels. They can be glass or sheet materials - MDF / LDSP or plywood. It is interesting to beat relief elements with a mirror mosaic, and to paint glass surfaces with acrylic.
- Minimalism and hi-tech. Among the most sought-after style trends, leadership belongs to high-tech and minimalist designs. They are characterized by impersonality, inconspicuousness, universality, thoughtfulness and convenience. They are combined with furnishings in any modern design and do not make any claims to the most daring artistic experiments of the owners.
Having a tendency to frequent changes in space, but without drastic transformations, you can simply limit yourself to changing the color of the doors.
- Provence. Design in the style of gentle pastoral French country, as well as scandi design to a bright palette of shades. Therefore, in these houses and apartments are often found white doors. Their appearance can be transformed by means of finishing with the effect of patinated.There are various ways to create a fashionable antiquity plaque from simple patination to the use of gold, silver and bronze and complex surface treatment technology with the production of two effects - patination + craquelure. The last two methods of coverage are quite difficult to reproduce at home, but the first option is the strength to master anyone.
- Vintage. Vintage direction echoes the French country. However, vintage interiors are distinguished not by cozy lightness, but by well-groomed old-fashionedness or even artificial “aged”. The many faces of vintage doors allow you to fit them into the living space of any area, including open-plan rooms.
Decoupage technique is a great way to update door designs.
- Loft. The popular brutal design in the attic style allows you to use door designs in any design, but sliding doors are the ideal solution for such interiors. With their help, you can share large spaces of studios, performing zoning. In this case, it is worthwhile to arrange the doorways in an original way.
Here the main thing is to decide on the shape of the aperture: in the form of a rectangle, an arch - a round, ellipsoid, trapezoid, asymmetrical or imitation arch with openwork corners.
The most popular materials include PVC panels, stucco made of polyurethane, artificial decorative stone and clinker - these are tiles-bricks. The most spectacular of all is the design of the opening, where the bricks are lined up by analogy with the masonry. Since it is not necessary to draw lines clearly, everyone can fulfill this task without the involvement of specialists.
Purpose of premises
To believe that the decor of the door is suitable only for interior design, is wrong. No less interesting, you can arrange the door of the pantry, utility rooms and the entrance to the hallway. When choosing a design, they start from the stylistic orientation of the interior. It is important that the doors in the room are in harmony with the existing situation, and the entrance metal door does not contradict the interior design of the corridor. In addition, the dimensions of the room are taken into account, since some types of finishing materials can visually change the proportions of the space, and not always for the better.We will talk about this a little later.
The simplest and simplest version of the decorative door trim is the painting. You can make them monochromatic or decorate in different colors, if you wish, also creating interesting patterns.
Highlight the volume of projections and the originality of the design of the decorative overlays on the embossed door leafs will help paint with interesting effects on metal, leather or marble.
Regardless of the chosen method, the doors are removed and placed in a horizontal position - it is more convenient to work with paint and it will lie more evenly without forming ugly smudges. Preparation involves cleaning the surface of the old paint, sanding and priming. Glass inserts pasted masking tape. With a simple painting of the canvas in one tone, everything is clear.
But when several colors are used, they first paint the background areas, letting them dry out, after which they start decorating decorative elements and moldings in contrasting shades. To create a simple geometric pattern - striped, diamond-shaped, combined with masking tape, they delimit the necessary areas and then paint over them.
Decorating doors with more complex floristic or fancy patterns implies the use of stencils.
Features painting acrylic
Glass painting is done with acrylic paints. Since a stained glass window is being created, it is impossible to do without stencils and decorative mastic to form a contour with an imitation of a metal frame. To make the glass surface stained glass paints, the canvas must be given a horizontal position. You can use ready-made stencils or own production.
How to decorate?
The following several methods are suitable for updating old doors in cases when you have to deal not with a pair of scratches that are easily masked by butterfly stickers, but with a worn-out canvas. That is, he already requires global transformation.
The decoupage technique allows you to create unique stylish vintage items. Various household items are decorated with original plots, using cut out paper pictures, napkins, decoupage cards, matter. Although you can decorate any surface: glass, leather, plastic, plywood, but it is on the wood that the decoupage finish looks the most effective.
To issue a door:
- The surface is prepared - cleaned, sanded and ground with a white / transparent emulsion.
- Make blanks of napkins and stick them on a planned pattern.
- The compositions are allowed to dry and varnished in several layers. Before applying each layer of varnish on the door leaf pass emery cloth nulevka to give greater smoothness.
Such doors will organically complement any interior, making it unique and memorable.
Decor of openings with artificial stone looks most attractive in spacious rooms. With all the advantages of decorative stone, he "eats" space. For a country house, this option is ideal, whereas in an apartment the realization of such a framing of doors will be successful only if the interior is maintained in the trends of minimalism. That is, the furniture ensemble is formed from the minimum number of furnishings.
Such a decision is also justified when it is necessary to hide the errors of finishing. They can be easily hidden if you put a stone around the door block, capturing the problem areas.
In terms of aesthetics, this option is one of the most advantageous,because the texture of the stone looks very beautiful. A variety of colors allows you to choose the option for any interior.
If the entrance door is not exactly suitable for wallpaper, then for decorating the elements of the internal space completely. The advantage of this method is cost effectiveness, and a minus is fragility due to the rapid wear of the material itself, which leads to the inevitable loss of the original appearance. Even if you glue over the door leaf with washable wallpaper, which is designed for a certain number of wet treatments, it will still not be possible to admire the results of your work for a long time.
So, you can use:
- Wall wallpaper. If you want the doors to be monotonous - use the wallpaper of the same type, and to compile a complex composition - several. The main thing is to observe the balance of color, then the design will be harmonious.
- Photo wallpapers. Modern types of photo wallpapers please with high-quality images, accurate and trouble-free docking of paintings with each other. Thanks to special photo wallpapers, the size of which is equal to the standard size of the door structure, and its design does not imply glass inserts and moldings, finishing takes a minimum of time.
- Liquid wallpaper. With their help, you can interestingly decorate the door, creating beautiful, unique patterns. The advantages of this method lie in the originality of the design and the simplicity of pasting the doors with standard rolled wallpaper, and the disadvantage is that it is absolutely unacceptable for rooms with high humidity - kitchens and bathrooms.
Regardless of the type of wallpaper used, it will be necessary to prepare the surface of the door before pasting, which means cleaning the old paint, filling the cracks, sanding and degreasing the door leaf.
With the help of this convenient and extremely effective way, even those who are far from the visual arts, can become the owner of exclusive interior doors. And all thanks to the stencil - a truly ingenious invention that allows you to realize yourself as a painter, without being such.
With suitable stencils, you can get hold of both in an ordinary construction hypermarket and in a specialized store, which offers a variety of patterns on floristic and animalistic themes, drawings of hieroglyphs, geometric figures, abstract ornaments and much, much more.The process of decorating is reduced to applying a stencil to the prepared canvas with the subsequent application of paint.
The advantages are obvious - speed, simplicity and accessibility for everyone.
Stylishly decorate the entrance or interior doors can be bright mosaic compositions of ceramic tiles. An alternative to ceramics can be wood, veneer or finished glass mosaic. These materials are lighter, which eliminates the heavy load on the door unit, as may be the case with tiles, which still weigh a lot.
This option is great for door designs with a mirror.
And besides the door itself, you can trim and slopes, highlighting their original pattern. It is possible to design the door leaf either completely or partially, arranging the patterns symmetrically or vice versa, asymmetrically, which always looks very stylish.
Another interesting option is the trimming of paneled doors with polyurethane or foam moldings in the form of overlaid volumetric slats. Their use allows you to imitate stucco. Decorative elements are fixed on the canvas with liquid nails. Contrast coloring moldings - a popular design technique that is universally suitable for the decoration of bohemian boudoirs and strict classic living rooms.Black and white duo, although considered an interior classic, but he has become rather boring.
New favorites of designers - a pair of green with white, yellow with blue, blue with red.
Refining an old canvas
It is never too late to get rid of an old or damaged door, although sometimes it is more beneficial to restore it than to acquire a new one. In the same "Stalin" there are real rarities handmade with a unique decor or instances from a valuable array. If you refine such a door, the interior will only benefit from it.
And the replacement of the doors in the “Khrushchev” is generally expensive, since dismantling the door unit entails many hidden problems. We'll have to build up walls, make noise insulation, and often transfer communications. Therefore it is worth once again to think whether you are ready for this turn of events. Much cheaper and easier to decorate the door.
- Doors are removed from the hinges and laid on a flat base.
- Sand the surface with a sandpaper - first fine-grained, then coarse-grained or grinder, until the door leaf is perfectly smooth.
Then choose the method of decoration.It is still better to entrust the decor of antique doors to craftsmen who are familiar with the finer points of working with wood of various species.
Transform the door using the decoupage technique, see the following video.
Doors are the face of the house, and their design largely reflects the character of the owners. Because it is so important that the design of the door was interesting and created a relaxing atmosphere. Boring, faceless door designs deprive the interior of the main thing - individuality.
Design ideas for doors and doorways in the interior of different rooms:
- The art list turns the most ordinary doors into the real works of art. Bright door leaves with fine hand-painted look amazing, though, and cost accordingly. If you can draw well, then you can easily reproduce such plots or create your own unique pattern.
- The possibilities of photo wallpapers in the interior are very extensive due to the creation of realistic paintings with stunning color reproduction. So, perspective views visually correct the proportions of the rooms, 3D abstractions add volume and emphasize the depth of the architecture of the space, and scenes from the world of fantasy make the interior more expressive.Rate how beautiful these doors look.
- Interesting is the combined decor of the doors: the finishing of the openings with stone and mosaic of the canvas itself, painting in combination with stucco elements painted in the same tone, painting and decor from rivets.
- Doors decorated with fabrics, kozhzam or in a modern patchwork technique look favorably in a variety of styles - from chebbi-chic to retro.
- Decor of doors with various stickers has a lot of advantages - they are inexpensive, they mask defects well and do not leave marks on the canvas.
- Monochrome coloring of the doors allows placing accents in monochrome interiors, if you use contrasting colors, or vice versa, to maintain the color scheme of the situation, decorating the canvas with one of consonant shades.
- Entrance doors of private houses, which adorn thematic wreaths, asymmetrical and cascading flower arrangements, still life of fruits and fairy-tale characters - a sign of a hospitable home, where the atmosphere of warmth and comfort reigns.