Installing the door leaf involves fixing it to the ends of the walls using anchors or screws. One of the problems of this process is the discrepancy between the thickness of the wall and the door leaf, which leads to the formation of excess space. Dobory at the entrance doors will help you to solve this problem effectively and quickly.
What is it and what is it for?
Entrance doors are often made with a standard width of the door frame, which does not exceed 75 mm. However, it is not able to completely close the entire end of the wall, which leads to the formation of slopes, which were previously sealed with cement or plaster.
Today, dobory is used instead. These designs are a kind of the continuation of the door frame. Their width is chosen so that together with the doors they completely hide the end of the wall, forming a solid connection.
Technically, doors are boards or metal inserts that are screwed near the door leaf. Here it is important that the design of both parts coincide. Installing dobori allows you to solve the problem with the slopes and make the opening much more beautiful and practical.
Another task of these systems is to protect the box from loosening, which allows to extend the service life of the entire door structure.
Dobor consist of two vertical and one horizontal slats. Their width is chosen individually for a specific doorway. Often these structures are mounted on the entrance doors to give them a more aesthetic look.
There are several positive aspects of installing dobori:
- Easy installation. Dobory can be mounted in a short time, even without having much experience with similar elements.
- Minimizing the finish.The holes completely hide all irregularities on the walls, so you don’t have to additionally putty them before installation. In some cases, the minimum finishing is done, but it requires a minimum of costs and materials.
- Long service life. The straps are practically not subjected to physical exertion; therefore, they can only be injured intentionally. It also influences the term of their operation.
Structurally, door dobor are small strips that are installed next to the box. But at the same time, they can have various designs, which allows them to be divided into several types:
Classic or simple
Dobore of this type - this is the usual board, which is fitted to the width of the wall. It just fits at right angles to the door frame. From the outside, the construction is closed by a casing.
It should be noted that the outer end of the board may have a different shape. The simplest option is a regular board in the form of a rectangle on all sides. But there are products with edge. This part is located at the junction of the additional and platband. The presence of this slice allows both elements to qualitatively dock and hide the maximum joint.
A feature of this type of dobor is the presence of grooves on the ends of the slat. Outwardly, they are somewhat reminiscent of the wall paneling, since they can also be joined together. These dobory are used to build. Therefore, there is no need to worry if you have a wide wall, since choosing the right number of slats is not difficult.
It should be noted that all dobor are made with standard sizes. Therefore, it is not always possible to adjust the slats in such a way that they become flush with the external wall.
In most cases, you will need to customize the size of the extreme boards for themselves.
One of the important factors when choosing dobori are their dimensions. Today, manufacturers produce products in a very wide range of these values. Often, they all focus on standard wall sizes in apartments or private houses.
Today on the market there are several types of dobor with such dimensions:
- The height can vary from 2060 to 2200 mm.
- Width varies from 50 to 560 mm.
- Thickness varies relatively little. There are modifications on the market that have this value in the range of 10-20 mm.
It should be understood that all these characteristics are not standardized and therefore depend only on a particular manufacturer. If the standard dobor is not suitable for your opening, then you can make a structure with the necessary parameters and under the order. Often this is done directly by the organization that sells and installs the door. At the initial stage, the specialists of the company carry out all the necessary measurements and adjust the fitting to specific dimensions.
If you do not want to overpay, then you can make the design yourself, but for this you need to have certain skills and tools.
The peculiarity of dobor is that they are tailored to the door parameters by design. Therefore, manufacturers are trying to use for this the same materials from which the canvas is made. Today on the market you can find several types of door liners:
- Wood. Conifers are used as the main material here, as they are notable for ease of processing. Such products are among the most expensive, and therefore are not always used.It is advisable to install wooden doors only inside the building, since if they are located on the street, the tree will quickly become unusable.
- Wood panels. For the manufacture of such structures using MDF, particleboard, fiberboard, OSB or plywood. Products made of slabs have a low price, as well as unique decorative characteristics that are not inferior to the natural array. But at the same time, products are poorly resisted by moisture and, when used in such an environment, they can simply swell. To minimize this effect, they are covered with special protective films.
- Plastic. Similar doors are used together with the same type of door. It should be noted that the material is very fragile, but it is not afraid of moisture and easily transfers temperature drops. Experts also recommend using them indoors.
- Metallic. The most versatile products that perfectly withstand frost, as well as high strength. Often they are installed on the main entrance doors of multi-storey buildings. To get a quality joint, special adapters are used during installation.
Please note that all these types of dobora are interchangeable. Therefore, no one bothers to mount a wooden plank near the plastic door or vice versa. It all depends on personal preferences and technical features of the slope.
The design of decorators determines how attractive the door frame will look. Today, manufacturers represent the many shades and colors of these products:
- the black;
- brown and so on
Many dobora today are painted in the color of wood. At the same time, they can also imitate her drawing. Modern technologies allow to get almost any color dobor. It is only important to choose the right style for the interior.
If you need a unique design, then it can be ordered individually. But the cost of such an accessory will already be slightly higher than standard designs.
The process of making dobora involves the creation of a frame, and only then its finishing to give decorative features. Today, such operations can be performed using several approaches:
- VeneeringThe use of veneer makes it possible to imitate almost any wood species on the surface of the dobor. The very same material is completely safe for humans, as it is made from natural raw materials.
- Lamination. This process involves pasting the blank with special types of paper, PVC film or ekoshpon. These materials not only change the design of the product, but also protect it. This approach is very often used in the manufacture of chipboard or MDF dobor.
- Coloring. This is the easiest and most common finish. Paint can be applied to almost all types of materials. But it is impossible to get a unique product design.
- Varnishing Varnishing is practiced only for natural wood. These substances can not only protect its structure, but also emphasize the uniqueness of the pattern.
How to choose?
Dobora is a decorative element of the doorway, so its choice should be taken seriously. To purchase quality products, you should be guided by simple recommendations:
- Take measurements. Perform this procedure carefully and slowly.If you incorrectly determine the size of the hole, then gaps may appear that cannot be sealed. We'll have to completely change the design to a new one. Door slopes often have a non-standard shape. Therefore, the width and height of the dobor should be measured in several places. This will allow you to identify the narrowest and widest places. Based on the data obtained, you need to buy an additional amount, which should be a little more than the slope itself.
- Choose design dobor under the color design of the door leaf. If you can not get a similar picture, you need to try to find the closest shades and textures. If this is not done, then the box and the box will have a contrast that is not very pleasantly perceived visually. For example, do not install a plastic bar under wooden doors. It is better to use boards from an array here.
- Pay attention to product quality. Try to buy products only from reliable manufacturers who use natural and safe materials for their production.
Beautiful examples in the interior
Successfully selected dobori emphasize the beauty of the door and will be a great addition to the interior design.
White laminated doors repeat the overall style of a long corridor and all the doors that are in it. The golden decor and accessories of the doors and to them the wallpaper and laminate floor makes the interior luxurious.
Panels and doors of dark solid wood complemented by the same dobor. Everything is done in the classical style, it looks strictly and very beautiful.
And here the doors are nonstandard, carved, they make out an elegant wooden double door.
Here is another version of the original dobor, decorating the door itself, and the whole interior of the room as a whole.
You will learn more about how to install the door panels on the front door, from the following video.