Features of floor closers for glass doors
Closer for the door called the mechanism that contributes to their tight, noiseless and smooth closing. Its functions include the ability to protect the door from shocks if it closes very abruptly, as well as minimizing noise and sharp sounds. Frequent use of this mechanism is observed in office and residential buildings, where comfort and safe use of doors are ensured in this way.
The floor closer for glass doors must be functional, while meeting all standards and standards. Each of the devices performs the functions assigned to it:
- protects the design of doors from mechanical effects, while increasing their period of use;
- reduces noise levels;
- protects the door from sudden self-closing and, as a result, from breaking, as well as causing damage to users;
- reduces the amount of heat loss, provided that it is an entrance door closer.
The device for glass doors is equipped with a spring, which ensures reliability and convenience when closing. The spring mechanism is fixed on a metal plate, therefore it is outwardly imperceptible. At the same time, to open the door, you will need to make some effort, but it closes on its own. This equipment does not need any maintenance, it is operated for a long time due to the high quality of the springs that do not stretch.
Placement of floor closer is carried out on the floor. This element will be suitable option for a pendular massive door. In the process of opening the web, the closer becomes an additional support; for this, an axis is provided in it that turns itself. After the spring mechanism is triggered, the procedure for smoothly closing the door being released occurs.
Installation of top-level finishing mechanisms is characterized by simplicity. To perform this procedure does not need special knowledge and skills. Work with hidden and outdoor closers can be trusted with professionals if you are not completely confident in your own abilities. In this process, the main thing is to correctly and correctly perform all the necessary actions, since this is a decisive factor in the duration of the door closer’s operation.
When choosing a floor closer for the construction of glass, you need to pay attention to such moments.
- Width and weight of doors. Closer power must match the weight of the door. Specialists often recommend installing multiple items. But if the door of your room is heavy and massive, then when buying it is worth choosing the most powerful door closer.
- Mechanismwhich is engaged in speed control, contributing to the opening and closing of the door leaf. Good quality goods are always equipped with a special brake system.
- Variety traction mechanism. In simple models of closers there is a sliding thrust, so if it is envisaged to leave the doors open without damaging the mechanism, then preference should be given to models that have a lock.
When buying, the device’s temperature mode plays a significant role. If this mechanism is intended for an entrance door, then the features of its elements and parts must be such that the closer can withstand all the functions assigned to it.
Features of Dorma products
Floor mechanisms for glass construction Dorma today are quite in demand and popular. Users prefer to opt for this group of products, due to low cost and excellent product quality. Dorma adjustment mechanisms are characterized by the following indicators:
- practicality, convenience, reliability;
- interesting appearance;
- long period of use;
- quick and safe installation;
- a variety of accessories;
- ability to customize to specific conditions;
- no need for a large groove depth, so that there are no problems with flooring;
- possibility of use for different doors, from the most powerful to simple;
- ease during opening and smoothness when closing a door design.
Installation and adjustment
If the product is already selected in size and corresponds to the type of door,You can begin the installation process. The most common orientation for the floor mechanism is considered to be the opening side. If the door opens into the interior, the installation of the element must be top.
This product from the group of floor mechanisms for glass doors is installed by attaching the lever to the door leaf, and the closer housing to the box. To secure it, you will need to buy fixing mechanisms in advance, which are not always present in the kit. Convenience is characterized by a scheme that is always attached to the product purchased, and it is precisely through it that you can quickly and correctly assemble and install the mechanism.
In the process of adjustment floor closer does not need in every case. After the installation of the mechanism has been carried out, it is necessary to adjust the spring, which will provide comfort in opening and closing the door unit. You can adjust the spring device with one of the following options:
- offset closer relative to the door hinges;
- turn knot lever fastening;
- compressing the spring with the adjusting screw.
This set of actions is simple and straightforward, to the aid of each user is attached instructions included.Pendulum closers with floor installation for a glass door are the necessary mechanisms that are able to provide softness and no danger when using the doors. The cost of this product is low, but at the same time after installation, the device is almost imperceptible, which does not spoil the interior. Buying and installing a door closer is an opportunity to increase the service life of the door structure, because its purchase will be much cheaper than installing a new door.
You will learn about floor door closers for glass doors from the video below.