Ekoshpon doors: advantages and disadvantages
Wood is a unique raw material, it is perfect for both construction and furniture production. Today it is used in various areas of industry as the main and auxiliary material. One of the areas is furniture production, where everything from wood and its derivatives is obtained: from cabinets to partitions. And doors from an ekoshpon is one of the most perspective products differing in environmental friendliness. The modern market is filled with many models that have different technical parameters and quality of execution.
What is it and how are they made?
Many industrial processes generate a certain amount of wood waste, from which you can get quite high-quality secondary materials. Eco-shears are the product of just such production. It is obtained from natural wood fibers and special synthetic resin binders.
The production technology of an ekoshpon consists of the following operations:
- Initially, raw wood can be pre-cleaned. This allows you to give the substance the desired characteristics, allowing to obtain high-quality and durable structure. If the waste has significant dimensions, then they are subjected to grinding in order to obtain a homogeneous mass.
- The next step is to dye wood fibers. It should be noted that such processes are qualitatively controlled. This allows you to get materials of the same color and shade in a particular batch. Sometimes several color shades can be combined in one sheet, which allows you to get an original and unique pattern.
- The process is completed by pressing the fibers. To do this, the obtained raw materials add resin, which is mixed with wood to obtain a homogeneous consistency.As a binding component, several types of artificial mixtures are used, which make it possible to glue together wood caps at the proper level. The production of an ekoshpon occurs in special presses, where the raw material is heated to high temperatures and pressed under enormous pressure. A feature of this process is the use of vacuum technology. This approach allows you to remove from the raw material almost all gas component.
Externally, eco-sheeter is very similar to natural veneer, but its structure is a bit like plastic.
The material is very plastic, so manufacturers produce it in special rolls. The thickness of the sheet depends on the technology of pressing and the necessary qualities of the resulting product.
Veneered materials of this type are often used for the production of interior doors, where they are applied as an upper protective layer. Externally, the product simulates the structure of wood, and the production technology allows you to give it the right shades.
Eco-jointed and veneer models: differences
Eco-sheeter is an artificial film that is applied to the door in order to protect it and give a unique decorative look. This product is an alternative to natural veneer.
The difference of these materials consists in several characteristics:
- Veneer is a thin section of natural wood. After special preparation these sheets can be pasted over the door blanks. Eco-shears are produced by pressing wood fibers.
- Veneer is a completely natural material. It possesses not only the texture of a particular breed of wood, but is also absolutely safe for human health. In turn, eco-sheeter is a synthetic product that contains natural wood fibers. Outwardly, this is a common plastic, repeating the texture of wood. At the same time, the production technology allows simulating virtually any type of wood.
- Eco-sheeter perfectly withstands moisture and physical impact. In this, natural veneer loses a little, although natural products are not stratified and serve for a long time with proper care.
- The main difference in the ekoshpon is its low price. The high cost of natural veneer is due to its natural origin, as well as the type of wood from which it is produced.
In turn, these differences also have doors that trim these varieties of sheets.
It is important to bear in mind that the eco shpon, although it is a safe material, is still obtained from synthetic components. Therefore, it is not yet fully proven its safety for the human body.
Advantages and disadvantages
Ekoshpon door designs today are quite popular, as they have many advantages:
- Environmental friendliness. This factor applies primarily to the ekoshpon. But it is applied to the workpiece, which can be made of low-quality materials. Therefore, this feature is relative.
- Hypoallergenicity. The substance is not the causative agent of allergies, and also does not emit into the air unpleasant and harmful odors. Perfect for all living spaces.
- Moisture resistance. The eco-sheeter resembles plastic in its structure, so water is practically not affected by it. The material retains its shape for a long time, and also does not swell and does not crack, as the doors of MDF or laminated products.
- Low weight. This allows you to install door leafs in almost any box, as well as on the wall surfaces of various materials.
- Strength. The eco-sheeter perfectly tolerates temperature drops as well as minimal physical effects. This allows you to maintain the structure of the door leaf for a long time.
- Durability and durability. The structure of the material assumes the presence of a special protective film, which not only prevents cracking, but also preserves the structure and color for a long time, which is not always relevant for solid wood products.
- Low price. This is especially noticeable when compared with the door leafs of solid or metal.
In some respects, ekoshpon products are much better than PVC structures, which are very popular today.
Still, such products are not universal, since they have such disadvantages:
- Eco-shepher skips sounds very well. Therefore, the doors of it will not provide the necessary sound insulation parameters. To use such constructions is not always practical.
- The minimum level of transmission of moisture. Therefore, rooms with such doors need to be constantly aired to reduce the concentration of water in the air. This is especially true of the kitchen and bathroom, where its saturation is significant.
- The minimum durability in comparison with doors from the massif of wood. If you want to damage such a product is not difficult. Therefore, they are used only as interroom, not input.
- Difficult restoration. If the structure of such doors is damaged, it is almost impossible to repair them. To exclude these phenomena, you need to use these designs very carefully.
Door leaves are made from an ekoshpon with use of wood which acts as frame elements. It should be understood that the artificial veneer here is only a decorative protection that is applied to the top layer of the structure. Depending on the external features, the door panels from the ekoshpon can be divided into several types:
- Deaf Door leaf is a solid shield, which is covered with an ekoshpon. The simplest and most common models of doors that are low cost.
- Glazed. For decorating designs, specialists add a few glass inserts to the frame. This allows you to give them a unique and beautiful appearance. The eco slab itself is applied directly to the wooden elements of the structure.Doors with glass can fit into a more refined interior, adding to it a peculiar highlight.
- Paneled. Door leafs of this type are complemented with special inserts that decorate its surface. There are many design solutions of this type, which allows you to select products for the desired interior.
Virtually all types of such doors are moisture-resistant, as eco-vents are very poor in water.
Many types of them can also be used in the bathroom or in the kitchen.
Technically, the door leaf of such a door consists of several structural elements:
- Frame In most cases, it is made from bars of cheap wood (pine and others like it).
- Facing. This is the middle layer, which is covered directly with the frame itself. For this purpose, special MDF boards.
- Decorative coating. The ecoshpon, which gives the door leaf beauty and practicality, serves as it. The material bends very well, which allows them to wrap almost all the details of the design, getting a better coverage.
Sizes and shapes
Doors made from eco-shells are a variety of classic designs made of MDF or wood. The shape of these products is practically no different from other models.Often it is rectangular with various decorative inserts. But at the request of the buyer, the manufacturer can complement the product with several types of arches.
As for the dimensions, there is also a wide variety.
Classical modifications have several standard sizes:
- Height. Standard designs are produced with this parameter not more than 2 m. But if the customer so desires, the height of the door leaf can be increased by 20-30 cm.
- The width of the door is often not less than 60 cm. This size can reach a maximum of 90 cm. If the doorway has non-standard dimensions, then the products are customized for them only by special order.
- Thickness. Technically, this value can also vary over a wide range. But standard models have a thickness of 44 mm.
Colors and materials
Ekoshonirovannye doors have a beautiful design that is virtually indistinguishable from natural products. In this case, manufacturers can individually change the color and texture properties of the upper protective layer.
Today in the market you can buy products of several colors:
- black and many others.
It should be understood that manufacturers are not limited to these color shades. With the help of special approaches you can simulate almost any color and shade. The main thing is to choose the right one for the main room design.
The production technology of ekoshpon allows changing not only the color, but also the structure of the upper layer. This is achieved due to the fact that the material has a distinctive feature to reflect light, giving it a three-dimensional structure. Manufacturers produce ecointer pans for many types of trees.
The most popular are several types of structures:
- white ash;
- smoky oak;
- Italian nut and much more.
Of particular popularity today are products with a light coating, which is perfect for both modern and classic style of the room.
What to choose in the apartment?
Doors made of ekoshpon - a great alternative to structures from the array, which are much more expensive. Therefore, many people prefer to install similar products in their apartments.
When choosing such products should consider a few simple recommendations:
- Pay attention to the quality of the door leaf.To do this, evaluate it for damage. If you find at least minimal flaws, you should refuse such a purchase. It is also important to evaluate the quality of fittings. It should be not only beautiful, but also reliable.
- Specify the fire hazard class of the door leaf. Safety depends on this during a fire, in which doors can cause the spread of fire. If the product has glass in its composition, you should find out how strong it is. Pay attention to the fact that at the ends of this element there are no chips or sharp corners that can be damaged.
- Designer design is selected depending on personal preferences only. It is important to choose the door under the style of the interior and furniture.
- Assess the state of the upper layer. On the surface of the ekoshpon should not be scratches, even the most minimal. Many sellers may hide such flaws under price tags or other items (stickers, packaging, etc.). In these places should be checked especially carefully. Similar attention should be paid to the structure of the lacquer coating, if it is present.
- Geometry.Doors of this type are frame, which does not always allow to get quality products. Please note that the door leaf should be a flat rectangle with minimal deviations (only 1 mm of error is allowed).
- Pay attention to the equipment. This is important if you need a door completely with locks, handles and trim.
- To purchase reliable and durable products, you should also pay attention to customer reviews. This will allow you to pick up a product with an optimal price-quality ratio. Experts recommend buying door leaves only well-known manufacturers who use mainly natural materials that are safe for humans.
Do not purchase goods with delivery via the Internet, without the possibility of a preliminary inspection. Many companies are trying in this way to sell damaged models that quickly fail.
What can be washed?
Despite the claims of manufacturers that scratch-proof and scratch resistant, this is not always the case. It all depends mainly on the quality of the material and its application to the door frame.Therefore, in order to extend the life of these structures, they should be properly maintained. First of all, you need to follow all the recommendations of the manufacturer, who should advise everything: from the way to the means of washing these surfaces.
The best option for the care of ekoshpon is special detergents, which can be purchased in specialized stores. Perfectly washes dirt solution of alcohol and water in a ratio of 1 to 9, respectively. After you have wiped the door tightly with them, you should simply remove the excess moisture with a dry cloth.
It is not recommended to use several products and materials for cleaning such surfaces:
- Washing powders and detergents for dishes. They are not designed to care for a tree and can destroy its structure. As for the powder, its particles can simply physically damage the upper layer of the ekoshpon. This will cause scratches, through which moisture will already penetrate under the sticker. If this happens, then the top layer will simply peel off.
- Scrapers and sponges. Their surface is characterized by high hardness, which can also lead to scratches.
- Aggressive solutions.Often in this group include all the mixtures, which include acids, alkalis and abrasive components. All of them easily corrode the top layer of the eco-sheeting and reduce the decorative characteristics of the door leaf.
Therefore, in order to prolong the service life of the doors, periodically wipe them with a dry or slightly damp cloth. It is also not advisable to install them in the bathroom or on the street. Changes in humidity and temperature will lead to rapid exfoliation of the upper decorative coating.
Beautiful ideas in the interior
Veneered doors in the style of a classic perfectly complement the strict but very chic design of the room. Thanks to the combination of blue wallpaper, white floor, doors and the veneer design of the same color of the walls, the interior really looks great. Stylized as an old stool, it also fit in well.
Magnificent doors with decoration emphasize the luxury of the room, in which everything is designed in ivory. An elegant chair and table successfully complement the interior.
The dark door in the bathroom is perfectly combined with graphite tiles on the walls and floor. White decor first echoes the color of the seams of the coatings, furniture and sanitary ware.
A beige double swing door with frosted glass inserts and a product made in the same style with one canvas look beautiful against the background of a dark floorboard, light and dark walls, respectively.
What is the advantage of doors from ekoshpon look in the next video.