The classic interior becomes so thanks to the details, of which the door is quite important. You can buy ready-made in the salon of antique furniture, restore the old one or make it old. Truly antiques are worth a fortune, and just old ones can lose their functionality. There is a variant of artificial aging.
The door, which looks antique, you can make yourself or purchase a product, stylized antique.
Features of such products:
- Such a stylistic decision has no analogues, while modern styles are more typical.
- They create a special atmosphere. Antiques are associated with respectability. Therefore, pseudo-aged things are so popular.
- Individuality of the material.If natural wood is used, its texture is emphasized.
- Illusiveness - create an effect that actually does not exist.
- Symmetry and proportionality are the main features of the classics.
- High cost does not become an obstacle for connoisseurs of taste. In addition, any model can be cheapened by choosing a different material or by abandoning decorative inserts, columns, pilasters.
- Fittings must not only fulfill its function, but also be an element of decor.
All doors are antique can be divided into:
- Input (perform the function of protection against thieves and external influences; they are subject to increased requirements for heat and sound insulation, durability).
- Interior (The main function is the creation of privacy and the separation of zones of various purposes). They must be aesthetic and fit into the overall design of an apartment or a separate room.
By the type of opening and closing the door can be:
Sliding systems are less relevant in a classic interior. But if there is a need to install them (furniture is next to the opening or the entrance to another room is blocked), you should choose metal profiles in the color of bronze, brass, silver or gold.
Folding also practical in terms of space saving. The narrow canvases that make up such a door can be a great addition to the classic style.
The most acceptable in the classics will look swing the doors. They can be left, right or pendulum. If the room is large and the doorways are wide, you can install a double door. Since symmetry is important in a classic interior, the sash should be the same in width.
Remember the details - the hinges in this case may not be hidden, but overhead. As an independent element of the decor, they can also be a certain shade, with scuffs and even rust imitation.
By type of construction can be models:
- with inserts (panels);
As inserts can be: glass, mirrors, stained glass, specially treated wood with metal, plastic and leather overlays. Glass can be: standard, frosted, tinted, with drawings. As a picture using patterns or pictorial images.
Depending on how the surface of the door is trimmed, there are:
- canvas coated with plastic, film, enamel or paint;
- with a transparent coating (varnish);
- with laminate finish, natural or artificial veneer;
- covered with textiles, leather and leatherette.
The main ways of processing the door for its aging are:
- chemical (using alkaline compounds that affect the soft tissue of the tree);
- mechanical (consists in the formation of chips, cracks with the help of special tools);
- thermal (using a torch or blowtorch).
Usually aged doors are combined - when the frame is made of one material, and the insert is of another.
Insert (panel) can be:
- flat - that is, smooth, without projections;
- volumetric - with milling around the perimeter;
- type-setting - from several docked lamellas.
It is more practical to use MDF as a panel, since a panel made of wood can crack and damage the frame.
The effect of aging on plastic is unattractive, since the material can warp, change color. Metal and MDF have a homogeneous structure. They can not be applied mechanical methods of material processing. But you can use the finish of the film, plastic or veneer.
Wood is the most suitable material for all the above processing methods. This is a material with a pronounced structure. Moreover, the structure is emphasized not only by the bulge, but also by the color (tree rings look especially bright against a light background).
Solid breeds - oak, beech, walnut - durable, but expensive. Soft breeds - birch, pine - less dense, but more affordable.
Historically, at first masters were engaged in production. Subsequently, handicraft production was crowded out by massive machine production. Doors from massive and monolithic turned into light and multi-part.
Today, for pseudo-traditional doors, the most practical material is MDF, covered with veneer or film. The veneer of dark and light oak, mahogany, walnut, wenge, maple and black rosewood is used. The film imitates the texture and pattern of the tree, and it can also be colored.
Aged doors are classic and, judging by the trends, they will always be in demand.
There are several reasons why this happens:
- Classic doors are synonymous with wealth. Wealthy people will always strive to emphasize their status.And people who do not have the opportunity to purchase such expensive things and which the majority will use stylized doors. In addition, these options on the market - the mass, different in color, shape, decor and material. Moreover, the door is the hallmark of an apartment or room by which one can judge its owner.
- Antique doors create a special mood. Office premises, shopping centers, and practically all the premises in which a person spends most of his time are decorated in the style of modern, hi-tech and the like. Therefore, crossing the threshold of your home, a person wants to relax and feel comfortable.
- There are areas that use light pastel shades, and they have a calming effect on the psyche and nervous system of a person.
- Despite the intricate appearance - they are very practical. Doors made of solid wood are durable, and, treated with special impregnations, they can be used in bathrooms and rooms with temperature extremes. Large selection of materials will provide you with pleasure for many years.
- Special processing techniques are available to people without special skills.This is a great opportunity for creativity, manifestation of their individuality. And a thing done by hand, especially the road.
When deciding to purchase a particular door, read the reviews on the Internet and among your friends. Each modern production organization has a site with a product catalog, having studied which, you will have an idea about the products offered.
In terms of cost, domestic producers win over European, and the quality is not inferior. If companies, advertising their products, use the expression “Italian quality” or “English reliability”, and the cost of products is not higher than that of competitors - keep in mind that, most likely, we are talking about Italian woodworking machines and English accessories. And the production itself is carried out directly in Russia.
Long production time doesn’t say anything either - maybe the factory is in another city. Raw materials (some wood species) can actually be delivered from England, Italy, and Asian countries.
The most popular (in accordance with reviews and search queries on the Internet) door manufacturers inThe classic style of the array and MDF are:
- "Alexandria Doors";
Manufacturers who are confident in the quality of their products have a long warranty period. In addition, they provide services for the delivery and assembly.
How to make your own age
There are several ways to make a new or already used door aged:
- Brushing - removal of soft tissue of the tree. For this special iron brush evenly conduct along the fibers. Then the surface is polished and varnished. This is the most plausible method.
- Patinated. First, apply a dark layer of paint, it should be smooth. Then light paint is applied and, having dried out a little, certain areas are rubbed with a rag. Sanding sandpaper and varnished.
- Craquelure. The purpose of this method is to create cracks. First, a craquelure varnish is applied to the wooden surface, then a bituminous composition, and then acrylic contrasting paint. Cracks can also be distinguished by paint, but this must be done very carefully.
- With the help of stain. It is applied with a brush or sponge, picks up the fibers and makes them more prominent. It is applied in several layers, after drying it is rubbed with wax.
- Using paraffin wax - initially dark paint is applied, then the necessary areas are rubbed with paraffin and the whole surface is painted with light paint. Paraffin is peeled off, the resulting image must be sanded and coated with stain.
Pre-door leaf need to prepare. To do this, remove the hinges and handles, remove the glass. Using a building hair dryer, remove the paint and sand the surface. Chips rubbed with putty. The surface is degreased.
Such work does not require special skills. All that is required is the desire to create a unique door.
Beautiful examples in the interior
In its narrow sense, antique doors can denote doors made in one of the classical styles:
- Gothick style. The door in this style should be only natural shades, with a large number of glass inserts or iron plates, with forging. This is where the original pointed top appears. The product should give the impression of strength and thoroughness.Because of their massiveness, such models are more suitable for external doors.
- Baroque - characterized by an abundance of silver, copper, bronze and, of course, gold. Decorated with ornate volume thread, imitating molding. Slopes can be columns or additional side panels. Cornices and porticos are installed above the door. The main feature of this style is the creation of the illusion of wealth and luxury. Focuses on large "palace" size, therefore, the doors are installed large.
- Rococo - this is, in fact, a more spectacular and sophisticated baroque style. Focuses on both spacious and small rooms. Characterized by pastel and pearl shades. The thread is thinner, mirrors and glass are used, images imitating hand-painted, floral patterns.
- Classicism - a more concise style, it was strongly influenced by antiquity, which was reflected in the carving and patterns, they became more strict, geometric. Yes, and the door itself should be the correct rectangular shape. The color spectrum is light: blue, pink, green, beige in combination with the colors of the tree.
- Empire (or the period of late classicism) - all the same "palace" style. Doors in this style are designed for rooms with high ceilings. Arches appear. Bright colors (for example, green or red) are combined with pastel shades and gilding.
In a broad sense, by "old" conditionally understand things that existed 100 years ago. Thus, the antique door can be made in vintage style. This style, if we talk about the time interval, belongs to the first third of the twentieth century and is characterized by attempts to combine classical styles and emerging modern ones. Vintage can be called a door, painted in one color, or from the boards. With carved or painted floral pattern.
Retro style refers to modern trends and differs from vintage by the predominance of artificial materials and bright colors, the absence of patterns and small details, the severity of geometric shapes.
Among modern styles there is a direction that deliberately uses artificially aged things - this is chebbi-chic. He, too, is replete with decorative small details and floral patterns. The overall background is then preferably white.Door leaves are painted in dull light colors and artificially aged.
How to decorate the antique door with your own hands, see the next video.