How to make the door to the bath with your own hands?
The bath has many useful properties that positively affect the health, so everyone who has a country site, at least once thought about how to build their own bath. This can be done, not only using the services of builders and experienced craftsmen, but also with your own hands.
What should be a homemade product
The entrance door to the block bath should be chosen single-door, narrow and low, it should not take up much space. The entrance doors to the bath, as a rule, have metal hinges inside the room itself, and open to the outside. In addition, a small threshold is required, corresponding to the upper edge of the floor surface. The role of the necessary hood is played by the gap formed between the threshold and the door.
Bath door is preferably installed in wood, since it is characterized by low thermal conductivity, resulting in significantly reduced heat loss and energy consumption. It should be upholstered with heat insulating material and be sure to treat dermatin. In addition, the entrance door to the bath must meet such requirements as heat resistance, resistance to rot and mold, durability, environmental friendliness and, of course, high strength and good quality.
When installing the door to the dressing room, preference should be given to such a design in which the door from the steam room will open in the dressing room itself, and not vice versa, which will help avoid moisture accumulation. The door should be chosen with reference to high temperature resistance and characteristic heat resistance, which is one of the most important aspects. It is better to upholster it with insulation, not afraid of steam, in order to ensure the greatest durability.
Doors for the bath can be made of various materials.
Glass doors are not without reason popular in Turkish and other baths.This material easily withstands high temperatures, is not afraid of moisture and does not imply a capricious care for the panels. The glass used to make the door should be heat resistant, impact resistant and tempered. Silicone gaskets are always attached to glass doors, which are necessary to ensure tightness during closing.
In addition to the fact that the glass bath door looks fully beautiful and is distinguished by its attractiveness, it has an almost unlimited period of use, which is not a characteristic feature of wooden doors. Glass is not inherent in the process of decay, deformation and release of harmful substances, however, it is very difficult and excessively expensive to install a glass door yourself so that it meets safety standards.
Another equally popular material used for the manufacture of bath doors, which is considered the traditional and most functional - is wood. It is best able to withstand any changes in temperature and humidity. The most reliable option when choosing a material for the door to the bath with your own hands and preferred by experienced craftsmen is tightly knocked boards made of aspen and linden.Doors, characterized by a special massiveness, usually made of wide and grooved boards.
For doors that are installed at the entrance to the steam room, the required elements are the transverse bars or, as they are often called, the keys needed to securely fasten the boards and prevent their deformation. It is advised to choose bars and forcing not from coniferous trees, but from deciduous trees, because otherwise the resin will be released when heated. When finishing the door with clapboard, pay attention not only to its quite acceptable cost, relative lightness of the cladding, but also to its low moisture resistance. As a consequence, periodic treatment with protective lacquer coatings is inevitable.
In order to build a dream bath of your own hands, the first thing you need is tools, without which no matter what to do when building:
- A stove hammer used to cut bricks and hammer nails.
- Kirochka. The difference between a pickaxe and a stove hammer is that both of its ends are sharply honed and are used to push bricks.
- Trowels are shovels with differently shaped blades,necessary in order to recruit and stack the solution, giving it the most thick consistency and, if required, uniformity.
- Mocha brush. It is used for grouting stove, as well as its mop and making the surface smoother.
- Plumb, representing a small weight in a form close to the cylinder. This tool is used to check how vertical stove is. In addition, a plumb line is used to carry out dimensional checks with a special cord.
- Level. This tool has the appearance of a wooden, metal or steel bar. The levels should be handled with extreme caution, since the existing glass tubes, that is, the viziers that form an integral part of the whole structure, can be easily broken.
- Wooden paddle is used for mixing solutions.
- Wooden shovel is used primarily to prepare clay solution.
- Steel shovel for the most part is needed when cleaning from debris and mixing solutions.
- Cycle. This tool is made of steel, one of the sides of the plate of which is well sharpened, after which this sharp end is wrapped with durable material like rubber and leather in order to avoid injury.
- A stucale is a piece of round steel.It is convenient for them to strike the knife instead of a hammer in order to eliminate the possibility of a miss.
- The concrete mixer will be excellent assistants for carrying out base works.
- Chainsaw - mandatory and indispensable because when working with logs.
- Screwdriver - no less necessary tool in any business related to construction.
Determine the size
To determine the size is one of the first and most important steps in the construction of a bath. It is worth noting that there are no universal sizes. It all depends on your imagination and even more on preferences. It also includes the number of premises that you think is the most optimal, as the bath can be designed not only for a family, but also for a whole large company or for a single person.
A dressing room does not need to be allocated a large space for it, since staying in this room is not long, but the dressing room is the largest room in the whole bath, which often takes almost half, and maybe more. From the total area of washing, most often it takes about one third, but one should not forget that the size of the premises depends to a large extent on the total area of the entire bath.
On the steam room will be enough 2 * 2 meters, so that it easily fit 3 or even 4 people.
Step by step production
The plan by which the bath is built is as follows.
- Any building, as is known, originates from the construction of the foundation, which is the foundation. When the required dimensions of the bath are already calculated, trenches are made and filled with everything necessary, after which the solution can be kneaded.
- The next and equally important stage is the construction of walls, the material for which most often serves as a tree. The logs overlap each other exactly until the intended height of the structure is reached.
- Then you can make a roof. This is a complex process that begins with the installation of the ceiling beams, followed by the installation of the roof itself, which includes cladding, in which you need to fasten the boards, boardwalk, vapor barrier, insulation and, finally, waterproofing.
- After that, you can proceed to the installation of the floor and heating furnace. Installation of the floor, as well as the manufacture of the roof, is carried out on the beams. Upon completion of the construction of the floor is the time to proceed to the installation of the furnace. It is best to pre-determine the place to install the boiler. In order to simplify temperature control, you should opt for an adjacent wall between the waiting room and the steam room.
How to install a glass product?
Installing a glass door in the bath is not a time consuming process, requiring a large amount of knowledge required for that. It is necessary to lift the canvas and insert it, insert it into the doorway, fasten the wedges, fasten the screws of the upper part of the doorframe from the hinge side. In order for the screws not to crumble, you can collect them on a magnet. So all the details will be in one place.
When the door leaf is secured in the opening, the distance between the wall and the door itself should be filled with foam, which has the property of moisture resistance. Thoroughly seal the pieces, while not allowing them to pop out. However, if this could not be avoided, simply cut off the excess.
When installing a glass door you need to make the lower clearance to 5 mm. Special silicone seal is an integral part of the door installation, if you expect good heat maintenance.
In order to avoid the risk of mechanical damage to the edges of the whole glass of the bath door, you should remember about the wooden slats that need to be put to fix the glass on both sides.
How to install a glass door, see the following video:
Thermal insulation of the bath from the cold
To insulate from the inside is a mandatory aspect when building a bath. This step will help reduce heating costs, maintain the desired temperature and speed up the heating of the room.
Heat insulation materials can be divided into two types:
- organic origin;
- inorganic origin.
A very important factor is not only the heat-insulating and moisture-resistant characteristics of the insulation material, but also its environmental friendliness. In order to prevent heat from escaping to the outside, the basement is often sheathed with foam plates, bonded with glue. For warming the walls of the bath is used obreshetka of bars. If necessary, insulation is sometimes not put in one layer, but immediately in several. Sheathing clapboard - the last stage at which leave a small gap, which prevents rotting of the material.
Warming of the ceiling should not be ignored, otherwise 15% of the total heat will be lost. The ceiling in the bath is insulated using foam panels, which significantly reduces heat loss. After the seams are sealed with special foam and vapor barrier materials are used, you can proceed to the paneling.
When arranging a bath should not forget about its decoration and sheathe it.
The material on which your choice will fall may be different and meet a number of necessary requirements:
- Opposition of toxic secretions at high temperatures;
- Good appearance.
Many prefer lining, as it has many positive qualities, for example, healing properties and complete safety of the material. Also for the decoration of the bath often use plywood. In addition to the undoubted attractiveness, this material has a number of advantages. It is very durable, stronger than drywall, has a low cost and does not hit the wallet, and also has soundproofing properties and weighs little. In a plywood sheet, one of the parameters is the grade, divided into 4 types. If the interior decoration with plywood is done correctly, then it will not take any trouble for a very long time.
What and how to paint?
When choosing a paint should be aware of whether the selected product meets certain evaluation criteria. The paint should protect the surface of the wood from aggressive mechanical effects,while maintaining integrity, withstand the prevailing high temperatures and, in addition, to ensure the aesthetic appearance of the surfaces. Also, when choosing a paint be sure to consider the type of wood used.
- Before starting to paint, prepare the area for work by preparing the necessary brushes, stepladders, stools and other necessary things.
- Sand the wood to such an extent that, by running it with your palm, the surface is so smooth that your hand does not hurt the splinter.
- Apply a thin layer of selected paint and, after waiting for it to completely dry, re-sand the surface with sandpaper.
- Now you can cover the wall with the second finishing layer, for which the use of a spray gun would be preferable.
Instead of paint, you can also use a special varnish, which has its own distinctive features and merits. For lovers of wood texture, this option would be preferable, since the lacquer surface is characterized by the property of its underlining. In addition, if you use lacquer to cover walls, the possibility of mold, fungi and bacteria will significantly decrease.An additional convenience is the fact that it can be applied to a new layer without prior cleaning from the previous one.
Experts have prepared some useful recommendations.
- For the most comfortable bathing room, you should pay attention to some recommendations of experienced masters. For example, it is better to install a bath on the south side, since in winter, when sometimes you want to steam, it will be easier to pass to the entrance due to the most rapid melting of snow on the side closer to the south. In addition, it would be preferable if the windows face west, since in the evening the room will be illuminated much longer.
- Also for continuous air circulation and excellent heat maintenance, it is recommended to build a bath of wooden logs. When building the foundation, it is better to give preference to a tape structure, since, possessing the highest strength, it is able to withstand not only light, compact, but also massive structures.
- In no case should not varnish or paint a tree, otherwise there will be an unpleasant smell.
To avoid the risk of burns, cover the nails from above so that they are deep-set. In this case, when the screws are heated, you will not burn yourself.
Interesting ideas for a bath
The interior of the bath is a difficult question, requiring a special approach and good imagination. The purely Russian style with a massive table and round wooden logs is considered the most popular idea for decorating a bath. For decorating the walls have resorted to a variety of forged elements or oak, birch brooms. This will add significant color to the interior of the bath, bringing its appearance to the face of antiquity. Fans of modernity can set a billiard table, equip the "smoking room" or even a swimming pool, which directly depends on the total area of the bath.
For the finishing of the bath there is a whole variety of materials that must meet the following requirements:
- Resistance to temperature changes and high humidity, which is the most important aspect when choosing any materials for the construction and arrangement of bath rooms.
- Hypoallergenic, health safety. Materials need to choose those that will not leave burns on the skin, causing harm, and release toxic substances.
- Attractiveness. Aesthetic design of the premises and well-chosen interior will attract the eye, pleasing the eye.
- Hygiene. The selected material should be easily acted upon by the action of cleaning agents, while not reacting with them in chemical reactions.
- Durability and durability. Materials must be expensive and of high quality, so that the bath remains in excellent external and functional condition for a long period of time.
As for the steam room, deciduous species are recommended for its design, which do not heat up so that you can easily get burned. In addition, they dry quickly, with the result that the fungus does not develop on the surface.
- A good example is Linden. This material has a relatively low heat capacity and, as a result, it heats up quickly, but it cannot get burned when it comes into contact with skin.
- Aspen - durable, durable and high-quality material, which is characterized by bactericidal properties.
- Alder It is very pleasant in terms of tactile sensations, it is resistant to water of different temperatures - both cold and hot. This material is not likely to react with alkaline,nor with acidic cleaners, so it can be called unpretentious in the care.
- Another recommended material is abash. This tree comes from hot Africa, from its very tropics. Abash is practically not inclined to heat up even at very high temperatures and to become darker under the influence of various factors.
Conifers are an excellent material for doors from a log cabin to the waiting room, since the room is not hot, but retains heat.
- For example, one of the most popular materials used to decorate carved doors in the waiting room - Pine. Even if it is able to change a little color over time, its advantages will remain cost-effectiveness, high strength and environmental friendliness.
- Fir and spruce - Practically not differing in characteristics materials. One of the common features, in addition to durability, is the fact that resin does not stand out from them.
The framed doors, which are one of the most popular types of doors, will also fit in well with the interior of the peasant bath. A panel is a part of a door leaf that differs in width or material. For the manufacture of this type of door does not fit any wood.Use birch, oak or maple, characterized by the highest quality among wood materials.