Dressing room is a necessary room where you can easily place dresses, pants, blouses, shoes, accessories. With the advent of the dressing room in the apartment will be more spacious without cabinets, chest of drawers, bedside tables, order will appear, the space will not be littered with clothes, all things will be neatly laid out and hung out.
Basic design techniques
There are two options for accommodation: either a dressing room located in a separate room, or become part of the bedroom.
In the first embodiment, a good dressing room can come from the closet, dark room, pantry. Such premises were planned in the houses of the old building. Modern developers are aimed at creating comfortable living conditions for future tenants and make wardrobe of decent size.They are equipped with a door, if possible with a window, the ceiling, walls and floor are trimmed. A sufficient area of modern dressing rooms allows you to store things of the whole family.
The second option involves the construction of drywall partitions, which, according to the style, should be a continuation of the main room. They will mark the territory of the dressing room and will serve as walls. In one partition it is necessary to make a hole for the door. The door can be any - sliding, accordion, in the form of blinds, mirror. The latter view will save space for a mirror.
A dressing room with a style decision can be a continuation of the room to which it adjoins, or it can be an independent design project.
Despite the provided field for fantasy, it is not necessary to combine the incompatible. For example, a bedroom made in country style with a predominance of soft wood and textured fabrics, and a dressing room made in high-tech style with impeccability of straight lines and color minimalism will look awkward.
Designers offer several styles that suit the wardrobe, but taking into account the situation of adjacent rooms and the interior of the apartment as a whole.
- Actual minimalism, loft differ in laconic decoration, characteristic features - metal supports, glass shelves, plastic niches.
- Easy to recreate a classic style. This will require a tree from which you can build a frame and shelves.
- The boiserie style is amazing, which is mainly used for wardrobe design. All shelves, niches, cabinets are attached not to the frame, but directly to the wall. This is practical because the space is conserved and the overall look does not become heavier. This style is not suitable for plasterboard walls and floors.
Specialists can offer a huge number of design projects for large and small dressing rooms located in separate rooms or being part of a room. Consider a few of the most popular projects.
- For the corner room, cabinets are used that are installed along two adjacent walls. The third side is a screen or a sliding door. This design project is optimal for bedrooms.
- Dressing room should not be less than 2 sq. M. A room with a size of 3 sq.m. Designers with such a minimum scale advised to abandon frames, not to use wardrobes and extra furniture.
- U-shape uses three walls.It will fit everything you need - from the functional components of the wardrobe to the accompanying furniture.
- Linear dressing room resembles a wardrobe, but without division into zones.
Choice of finishes and lighting
Finishing material should be selected based on the style of the room. Allowed wallpaper, paint, panels of plastic, wood, glass, ceramic tiles, but from textiles it is better to give up - it will absorb moisture and become a dust collector. On the floor - linoleum or laminate, it is easy to care for them, exposing to wet cleaning.
As for the lighting, one lamp in the center of the dressing room is indispensable. This room should be well lit in order to be able to try on clothes and view it in a mirror from a different angle of illumination. Good lamps will help in time to see the spots, to assess the quality of ironing. Additional lighting is capable of creating volumetric light: lamps in the form of clothes pegs, built-in lamps around the mirror, built-in lamps in the ceiling.
Each dressing room is individual, it is completed on the basis of interior features, the number of things, their diversity. Manufacturers offer several functional elements for this room:
- The crossbar (bar) - they are hanger;
- The pantograph allows you to lower the bar to a comfortable height;
- The shelves are divided into pull-out, stationary, solid, wide, narrow;
- The boxes can be closed or open, equipped with organizers (the system “several boxes in a box”);
- Baskets and boxes for storing clothes, small accessories;
- Shoe modules - open shelves for storing shoes;
- Volume compartments for related items - dryers, ironing boards.
Arrangement of dressing room
It is important to think about the wardrobe space to the smallest detail. It is preferable to order furniture according to individual measurements. Factory furnishings can not fit into the available square meters.
To arrange a comfortable room for clothes you will need:
- Furniture transformers - a wardrobe with sliding or compartment doors, which contains a lot of shelves and drawers.
- Compact dressing table, dressing table. Now you can find neat models that fit together even in the smallest wardrobe.
- Large floor mirror. Here, with the size you do not need to waste time on trifles.The larger the mirror, the more comfortable it is to look into it, assessing the full outfit.
- Stool or soft pouf.
Such furniture filling will make the room for clothes cozy, comfortable and functional.
To get the perfect dressing room, designers recommend sticking to the following tips:
- Use the entire space to the maximum - from floor to ceiling;
- Transparent doors allow you to quickly find the right things;
- Do not use incandescent bulbs; they are flammable;
- Use organizers for the rational distribution of things;
- Choose a quality flooring, because most of the time in the dressing room spend barefoot:
- Provide room ventilation;
- If the dressing room has a window, you need to come up with protection of things from the sun's rays.