How to equip a dressing room?
Every woman dreams of a comfortable and roomy dressing room in the apartment. In such a room you can store all your clothes, shoes and accessories. Contrary to popular belief, not only professionals, but also beginners can equip such a room.
Features of arrangement
In a practical dressing room every corner should be used efficiently. Initially, you need to decide how many things you are going to store in such a room. After that, you can more accurately calculate the dimensions of the shelves and niches.
Organizing space, conditionally divide it into several zones to accommodate things, depending on the frequency of their use.
To fill the room, you should contact the following storage systems for clothes and shoes:
- The mesh (cellular) system consists of a carrier rail attached to the wall and shelves, drawers and compartments mounted to it. The popularity of such options due to their dynamism. All functional elements in them can be rearranged to other places or supplemented with something new.
Mesh systems easily fit into any room. It can be both spacious and very small room. Often, such instances are equipped with walk-in closets, storerooms or large-sized wardrobes.
- To create an attractive and original interior dressing room, you can use the cellular system, decorated with natural wood. Such specimens are multifunctional, practical and incredibly beautiful.
- A cheaper option is the construction of chipboard. It belongs to the budget category and is literally created for those who want to arrange a dressing room beautifully, without spending a lot of money. The boxes and shelves of such material in the conditions of the dressing rooms look very harmonious and fresh, but in their practical characteristics are inferior to cellular systems.In the formation of such structures it is necessary to take into account the locations of all objects in the room, since it will be difficult to make any changes later.
For more convenient storage of things in the room, you can install shelves, rods, hangers, hooks and baskets. With the help of such parts you can place outfits and accessories as accurately and as practical as possible.
- Beautiful design possess frame storage systems. They are distinguished by reliability and practicality. In them the bearing parts are racks of metal, resting against the floor and ceiling. These options look great in tandem with wooden shelves. Frame construction is easily disassembled and assembled again.
When composing an attractive design of a dressing room, consider not only its functionality, but also its external performance. Recently, decorative baskets and wooden shelves, complemented by fabric details or straw compositions, have become very popular.
In large-sized wardrobe rooms, you can arrange not only clothes, shoes and accessories, but also various household items. This can be an iron, vacuum cleaner or ironing board.It is recommended to allocate for them a separate zone.
Types of wardrobe
Wardrobe rooms differ from each other in layouts. Consider the most common options.
- Corner walk-in closets can be installed indoors without occupying a large area. Even in a small room, you can choose a place for a similar design. You must first distribute items on the remaining area and decide on where the furniture will be located.
- For spacious areas fit linear options. Designers say that such a dressing room is ideal for a room whose size is 3 by 1.5 m. Such a layout allows you to place things along one wall. Some people turn to another way: they place the hangers and the shelves along both walls opposite each other.
- For a bedroom the best option would be a g-like design. For her, it is not necessary to allocate a separate room. You can simply select for this design two walls in the corner without a window. Dimensions of this option depend on the free area.
In the l-shaped design, you can not make open shelves. If this design is located in the living room or bedroom, then it is better to give preference to closed specimens, because they will look more aesthetically pleasing.
- For an elongated area, an u-shaped dressing room will be the perfect solution. If you want to make this construction a continuation of the room, then it will still look isolated, since it has three walls.
For an elongated area, an u-shaped dressing room will be the perfect solution. If you want to make this construction a continuation of the room, then it will still look isolated, since it has three walls.
It is recommended to divide any dressing room into zones regardless of its area. This is necessary for a more competent and convenient organization of space.
- The lower zone can be taken under the storage of things used not very often. It is better to place there drawers for bed linen and other small things. Often in this area store shoes. For such purposes, it is better to make high shelves so that women's boots are kept on them without wringing.
- The middle zone should be allocated for the most frequently used things. Here you can install rods, hangers, shelves, etc. In large areas you can put a lifting mechanism with hangers, but it will be quite expensive. Such designs do not withstand large weights.It is better to equip shelves and drawers at eye level so that you can see their content. In the middle zone there is a place for hooks. They are useful for temporary storage of clothes (for example, at the time of changing).
- The upper zone is intended for storage of things that you temporarily do not use. These can be hats, hats, etc. Most often, such a zone is installed under the ceiling and can be reached using a ladder.
Doors and lighting
If a separate room is set aside for the dressing room, it must be equipped with a door. They should be chosen based on the overall style of the room:
- Today demand door with glass surfaces. They can be matte, transparent or decorated patterns. Practically different products with reflective inserts.
- Wooden or plastic copies will look not worse.
- Wardrobe door designs are swing, sliding or folding (door-accordion).
Selection of a suitable instance depends on the free area, layout and preferences of the owners.
Lighting plays an important role in the dressing room:
- Often in these rooms there are ceiling lights, illuminating even the most distant mezzanine.
- Not unnecessary suspension on the walls to illuminate the lower and middle zones. Light bulbs can be embedded in the drawers themselves or installed in wall brackets.
- For corner wardrobe fit lamps with clothespins, changing the angle of inclination, and direct the light to the right places.
- For such premises is to choose LED options. They do not heat up and are fireproof.
- Halogen lamps have a powerful light, but they are very hot, so it’s better not to keep them near clothes.
In the wardrobe must be present the crossbar and hangers:
- At least 165 cm of free space must remain under the high bars. They are designed for dresses, raincoats and coats.
- Medium rods are suitable for blouses, shirts and jackets. The optimal length of this option is 80-100 cm.
The pantograph is called a special retractable bar, which can be lowered lower or raised to the upper tiers of the structure. Such a thing is ideal for hiding off-season things.
- Brunette women are foldable and retractable. They need a free space in height not less than 60 cm.
- Roller boxes are needed for things that should be protected from dust.In small sections for small things there are dividers, so that their contents do not mix.
Drawers can be fully or partially extended using a knob or push. Many models have closers.
- Shelves in the wardrobe are also static or retractable. Their width should not exceed 30 cm. Copies from 60 cm should be installed in mezzanines. They are suitable for storing large and heavy boxes.
- For small items and linen fit box and basket. As a rule, they are retractable and have roller mechanisms. Box-nets are suspended using special mounts.
- Shoe shelves have a slight slope. High-top boots are hung from hooks to maintain shape and prevent kinks.
- For accessories (ties, hats, scarves, etc.) there are hangers and hooks. They are mounted on walls or doors.