Small wardrobe room
Even if you live in a small apartment, you probably want all your clothes to be laid out in their places and you can find them without much effort. Designers recommend paying attention not to wardrobes, but to small wardrobe rooms that can accommodate an incredible amount of things.
Features and benefits
A small dressing room is an excellent alternative to the closet, because it is comfortable, functional, it can accommodate a lot of clothes and shoes, thanks to its compact size it will fit even in a regular apartment. Its most important advantage is in spite of the fact that it supposedly “eats” a part of the space, while allowing it to free up a huge amount of space in the apartment.
You can get away from cluttering up extra furniture: a wardrobe, bedside tables for shoes (or a whole rack), a chest of drawers and other things. In the dressing room you can install an ironing board, which is usually difficult to place in the apartment so that it does not interfere.
If you properly design the space and leave enough space, the dressing room can be used as a fitting room, so the need for mirrors in the room will also disappear.
As you can see, the apartment can really become much more spacious.
In a small ergonomic dressing room, if all the furniture is right, it is much easier to find the clothes you need than in any closet. In this, she wins even from a large dressing room in which you can get a bit lost.
A small dressing room is an excellent solution for those who love quality clothes of famous brands and prefer to wear one thing for at least several seasons. Unlike the wardrobe, every piece of clothing has a place strictly reserved for her, therefore, a neatly placed dress or coat will maintain a presentable appearance for a long time.
- Corner gardeorobnaya.One of the ideal options for a small space. Most often, it is a spacious corner cabinet with many compartments. Thanks to this form, at the entrance there is enough free space, which is suitable for dressing and fitting.
- U-shaped. If the space you want to allocate for the dressing room, has the shape of a rectangle, then this is ideal. Thanks to this arrangement of the shelves, it will be convenient for you to move inside the room, and clothes that are hung from both sides will always be visible.
- In one line. This is an option for those who have very little space for a dressing room. So you can convert pantry. It differs from the previous version in that the shelves are not located on both sides, but only on one. It looks like a wardrobe without sliding doors.
- Built. The most popular option, since it is highly compact. There is no space between the ceiling and the floor, no gaps between the corners. Its only drawback - when you move it is unlikely to dismantle /
First you need to decide on the width of the future dressing room. If you want to use a longitudinal bar, the width must be at least 65 cm - this is the width of the hangers. If you are the owner of a large size of clothes, you may need wider hangers. If there is not a lot of space, you can make end hangers, but the minimum size of the dressing room itself should still be at least 35-40 cm, otherwise you will not be able to place your shoes.
To deal with the minimum length of the dressing room, you need to put together the length of all cabinets and other furniture that you plan to place under one wall.
The minimum cubic capacity of the dressing room should be 2 square meters. m - 3 square meters. m, but if you prefer the U-shaped layout, this option will be for you close, but for the corner dressing room - this is a great option. Remember that this is a standard room, if you want to equip a wardrobe in the attic with a sloping ceiling, you will need twice as much space.
In general, comfortable, even if a small dressing room, should start from 4 square meters. m Ideally, if you can allocate so much space, then inside you can place not only clothes, but also find a place for compact furniture and household appliances.
Since standard dressing rooms are focused on large dimensions, there are not very many ideas for arranging small dressing rooms. However, with proper ingenuity, you can find interesting options.
The easiest and fastest way of arranging for a very small room is a mobile hanger, which will serve as a dressing room. Under the hanger you can knead the shoes, and hang the bags on the sides. This is a good option for those who have few things.
You can also store clothes in the dressing room seasonally, that is, hang those that you are wearing at the moment, and hide irrelevant ones at the moment in a small closet or chest of drawers.
One of the main advantages of such a hanger is compactness and mobility. If necessary, it can be easily moved around the apartment.
- If the apartment has a niche, you can use it to house a built-in wardrobe. The passage can be closed with curtains or sliding doors.
- If there is very little space, let it be open, but with lots of shelves, lockable drawers, hangers and shelving. To make everything look harmonious, install an ottoman or a small chair, hang a mirror.
- Equipping a dressing room in a small bedroom, place it behind the headboard. Several brackets and shelves are suitable for placing clothes that are in constant wear.
Remember that the design of the dressing room should match the design of the room. In order not to overload the space, give preference to stylish minimalism.
You need to start by choosing the right storage system, which is divided into three types - metal frame, mesh and modular wooden.
Aluminum (metalframe) systems are very popular. They represent the frame of the profile, complete with a set of additional elements and various accessories. They are already ready - a few standard options from well-known manufacturers, and are made to order - according to individual drawings and the wishes of the customer.
In such a wardrobe system there are no doors, partitions and side walls. But the frame itself may have a different content - shelves, cargo, bars, baskets and much more.
The mesh system is necessarily attached to the wall, more precisely, the horizontal bar with vertical guides is fastened first. Directly on it are already fixed shelves, racks and mesh baskets.
Another popular option is a modular system. Its disadvantage is that it is made of wood or chipboard, so its size must be thought out in advance, because it will not work to change it. But it is durable, reliable, has a classic appearance and accommodates many things.
You can buy a ready-made modular system or make an order.
Ventilation and light
Properly selected light in the dressing room is very important, so the choice of lighting should be approached responsibly. Since there is so little space, it is worth refusing to mounted ceiling lights, which take up a lot of space and do not provide enough lighting. Give preference to spotlights that can be built into wardrobes - they will create excellent illumination.
Another good solution - the lamps in the floor, located on the line of furniture.
The organization of good ventilation is also important - it will allow to avoid the formation of moisture, mold and the appearance of insects that love warm and humid places. It is good if you equip a separate ventilation system, although this is quite an expensive pleasure that not everyone can afford.The budget option is an exhaust fan (such devices are often installed in bathrooms).
The most optimal solution is to install an air-conditioning system with an anti-bacterial filter. They will clear the air and remove any unpleasant odors, so clothes will always smell nice and fresh.
Doors - an important element of a small dressing room, they do not take up much space. It is better to give preference to folding doors, which are the most compact. Another option - coupe doors that look very aesthetically pleasing. Their only drawback - they are extremely difficult to install.
Both options - quite expensive, if your budget is limited, instead of the door, you can use roller blinds, shutters or just a decorative partition.
One of the advantages of a dressing room in front of the closet is that the interior space is fully used, from ceiling to floor. The brackets are located at a height of about one and a half meters so that the clothes do not drag across the floor, but they can be easily reached. Under them are usually placed shelves for storing shoes. It can also be a low wide chest of drawers with lots of drawers.They can store not only shoes, but also clothes that do not correspond to the current season.
Top will be shelves on which you can keep blankets, blankets, bedding, suitcases and other voluminous things that are rarely in everyday life.
In a small dressing room, where there is no extra space to hang all the clothes on the hanger, you can install a multi-level shelving. It will allow you to place a maximum of things when folded, while the interior will look stylish and neat.
When planning the interior arrangement, do not forget about the closing drawers in which you can store gloves, hats, scarves, socks, underwear, and so on. Equipping a small dressing room, it is better to give preference not to sliding, and rolling out the boxes. Their advantage is that the things that they store are always visible, so finding one or the other is not difficult.
Of course, for linen it is better to install several closed boxes. To save space, it needs to be laid out vertically, twisted into small tubes. Use a special separator-organizer, which will keep all the laundry in order.
Hooks are also indispensable for arranging a small dressing room, since they occupy a minimum of space, because they are simply attached to the wall, and you can hang anything on them - from pajamas to a bag or outerwear. If your wardrobe has a lot of classic trousers with arrows, they require special storage. Install a special crossbar for them where they will keep their shape well.
It is advisable to purchase identical shoe boxes that will match the color of the dressing room in color.
In order not to open each box in search of the desired pair, they can be beautifully signed.
You can store different things - sunglasses, hair accessories and jewelry, can be in special covers, pockets, or place them on a special rack with lots of hooks and lockable glass doors.
Where to place?
Unfortunately, in an ordinary apartment there are not so many options where you can place a dressing room.
In the pantry
Storeroom - the fastest and most affordable way to create a dressing room in the Khrushchev. But before embarking on redevelopment, it is important to make sure that it is spacious enough. Its minimum size should be 1x1.5 meters. In conditions of even this limited space, it is possible to equip enough drawers, shelves and hangers.
Give preference to the linear placement of furniture. Such a dressing room will resemble a wardrobe, and you can choose the required number of shelves, drawers, hooks and other things.
Another good option is the L-shaped storage system, which is well suited for a narrow and long storeroom. Thanks to the convenient layout, you can also keep an ironing board and a vacuum cleaner inside, and the necessary clothes will be placed against the far wall. The U-shaped layout is the most spacious, as the walls will be minimally involved. However, it is only suitable for large storage rooms, where there is enough space.
In the hall
Dressing room in the hallway - it is very convenient, because everything you need will always be at hand before leaving the house. At the same time in the lobby will always reign perfect order. Separately, you can take a place for households. inventory (mops, buckets, detergents and other things). You can also place the counters and the alarm control panel behind the doors to hide them from prying eyes.
Most often, small wardrobes are made in the corresponding hallway, since in the big one there is a place to roam. Therefore, the role of the dressing room is usually chosen built-in wardrobe, which copes with this task. Another good solution is to separate the free space in the corner and isolate it with partitions. Thus, you will get a dressing room of triangular or square shape. At the same time, the partitions can be sliding, as in a closet, or deaf - from the ceiling to the floor, and in the place of your choice there will be an entrance opening.
How to do it yourself?
As you already understood, it is not necessary to build a dressing room from scratch; you can redo it from a cluttered storage room, loggia or balcony. Equipping it, refuse cabinet furniture, which takes up a lot of space. Prefer special modular structures in which there are no extra walls, but there are convenient mobile cabinets. You can position the bar in the center, and on the sides of it - the shelves, which can be partially equipped with drawers and wicker baskets.
Do not forget to leave a little space at the entrance - so you can easily move around the dressing room.Large mirror, so that it does not occupy precious space, attach to the door.
From gypsum board (chipboard or MDF board)
With certain skills, it is easy to mount a drywall construction:
- Cut the profile into the elements of the size you need using special scissors. First you need to make measurements and draw up a plan for the future design.
- To work you need a screwdriver and screws. Install the floor profile, then install the wall and ceiling structures. Do everything as carefully as possible, otherwise you can ruin the wall covering.
- When the profile frame is ready, you need to make a two-layer plating of plasterboard, between which sheets should be placed insulation. Also in this space can be placed wiring.
- Finish the finished walls, then proceed to their refining. The easiest and fastest way to decorate is wallpapering, you can use decorative wood-like panels that look more impressive and status.
Experts advise to just paint the walls, however, for this you need to carry out a thorough putty and polishing, so that they are perfectly smooth.
- It is best to lay tiles on the floor, if desired, you can use linoleum, carpet or parquet. The covering should be such that it was pleasant for you to stand on it with bare feet. At the same time, it will require constant cleaning, and the carpet, in this case, is not the best solution.
It is desirable that the decoration of the walls and floor coincides with the design of the room in which it is located.
- At the end, it will remain to install sliding doors and to equip a wardrobe room inside.
A great example of a mini dressing room that takes up little space. The frame and shelves for it must be chosen to match the color of the walls so that they do not stand out from their background.
- First, the frame is made of profiles that are attached to the wall. The shelves themselves can be made of wood or laminate of dark color.
- It is better to make shelves for shoes with mesh so that street dirt does not accumulate on them. They are attached to the metal struts.
- Rods for hangers are also attached to the metal struts. Here it should be noted that they are quite expensive, but if you are planning budget construction, there is an opportunity to save. Just use pieces of bar, whose diameter is not less than 0.6 cm.
- If they have an unpresentable appearance, decorate them with special tubes designed for electrical insulation. Their diameter must be larger than the bar. For shrinkage of the tube, it is heated by a building dryer.
- For shelves, you can use the usual inexpensive laminate, which can be lengthened by connecting several boards together.
Video instruction on creating a mini dressing room in the next video.
The internal content of almost all dressing rooms will be the same. The lower zone is used for storing shoes and umbrellas. You can also install brackets on which you hang pants. The middle zone is assigned for rods and drawers, where all the clothing is stored - shirts, dresses, jackets. Underwear laid out in special boxes with dividers. The upper zone is reserved for hats, bags and suitcases.
Arranging a dressing room is an interesting and fascinating process, especially if you have a lot of clothes. You can realize your most daring ideas, constructing the dressing room of your dreams!