Wardrobe in the bedroom
The bedroom is a comfort zone, therefore it should bring only pleasure: there is no place for bulky things and rubbish, therefore, the dressing room with it should only complement the interior and be as useful as possible.
The idea to create a dressing room in the bedroom appeared some time ago in America, but already today this building is quite popular on the European market. In the classic view, this is a separate room that is enclosed by a wall or partition. But there are also many variations of dressing rooms,allowing not only to openly store underwear, clothes and even shoes, but also to decorate the interior of the house, matching the stylistic preferences of its owner.
Some people who have relatively small apartments are wary of such buildings. And it is in vain, because the dressing room in the bedroom guarantees the following amenities:
- Things in such a room are arranged in such a way that they are always at hand, due to which they do not need to be searched for for a long time. This is a great time saver for a busy person.
- For example, when using a cabinet while one person is looking for the things he needs, another has to wait. The wardrobe can be used by two at once, without affecting each other’s space.
- It is in the bedroom that such an addition allows a person, dressing up the necessary number of times, to easily select the necessary outfit and accessories.
- The design and arrangement of the dressing room will be much cheaper than ordering or manufacturing a wardrobe, on the facades of which the price is quite high.
It looks like a large wardrobe, for such a layout should be a blank wall, on which there are no windows and doors. Variants of the wall fence from the room:
- Use a plasterboard wall and sliding doors, providing easy access to each shelf;
- Throughout the wall install sliding doors;
- On the ceiling cornice hang a curtain, which can also diversify the interior;
- Just leave open shelves with items.
Can be created with a free angle. Such a dressing room will be no less practical for the bedroom, because you can arrange the same necessary things and objects in it, and here you do not need to take a blank wall. The delineation of the room can be implemented in the ways described in the previous paragraph.
A special wardrobe is used, which later becomes an integral part of the bedroom.
Convenient for a small room. It implies open storage of things without any fencing or doors and acts as an additional interior decoration.
This is a large-sized cabinet with a sliding system, which, if necessary, allows even a bed to be placed in it. If desired, the owner in this closet can use the internal lighting.
Very often wooden furniture is used in the dressing rooms, but a more economical option is to make it from chipboard, fiberboard or MDF:
- The advantages of chipboard - availability, low price, strength and ease of use. It is used not only for the internal components of the dressing room, but also for creating original compartment doors.
- Fiberboard (or hardboard) is most often used as partitions, back walls of furniture or the bottom of drawers. In fact, this material is very thin, but with careful use it can last for a very long time, and the price will satisfy any consumer.
- Unfortunately, the production of MDF in Russia is low, so the cost of this raw material can be very high and not accessible to everyone, but unlike other materials it has the following advantages: durability, the ability to process by various methods and environmental safety.
- A very affordable price level differs drywall - it can be used not only for the manufacture of various niches and shelves, but even for the construction of the cabinet.
- Not to mention the plywood, consisting of many layers of veneer and has environmental friendliness and maximum strength.
In order to keep the contents of the drawers in sight, you can use transparent plexiglass for the manufacture of swing doors.
Cell exhaust baskets are more practical to use from plastic - a material of light and attractive appearance.
It is most appropriate to choose metal holders for hangers, the beauty of which will not be spoiled by regular use.
Determination of the necessary space for a dressing room in the bedroom
The depth of the cabinet must be at least 65 cm if things are located on the longitudinal bar along the wall. If you need to place large-sized clothing, you can use end hangers, which are located either perpendicularly or so that they are retractable. The depth in this case should be at least 35-40 cm.
To find out the width of the dressing room it is necessary to do the following calculations:
- Determine the sum of the depth of the cabinet, the width of the doors and the required distance for easy passage (on average 80-100 cm);
- Provided that the cabinet does not have doors, but there are drawers, then it is necessary to add the sum of the cabinet depth multiplied by two and the distance for easy passage (the same 80-100 cm);
- If the doors are sliding and only the shelves are used, then it is necessary to calculate the sum of the cabinet depth and the distance for convenient passage.
To determine the length of the dressing room of the room, you need to find the sum of the lengths of all cabinets that will be installed there. If the cabinets are located opposite each other, then it is necessary to calculate only the length of the larger device.
The minimum size of the dressing room should be 2-3 square meters, but for a linear variety of buildings this distance will not be enough. Thus, the corner wardrobe will be much more compact and capacious here.
For full comfort it is necessary that the area was from 4 sq. M. here you can already arrange in a logical sequence both clothes and shoes, and if it is 5-6 square meters, it will be possible to even install a dressing table and a mirror, which guarantees the versatility and convenience of the dressing room.
- 14 sq.m. - It is appropriate to use a large closet in the entire wall, inside which even a bed can be located, or just a closet.
- 15 sq. M - the angular version will look good, which looks good and saves space, you can install even a dressing room, even a roomy closet.
- 16 sq.m.- it is logical to install a wardrobe, containing a large number of compartments and shelves, as well as things or bed linen can be sorted into boxes built into the bed.
- 17-18 sq.m. - here it is possible not only to install a dressing room in a corner, but also along the wall, provided that its length is sufficient.
- In the "Khrushchev" - dressing room can be made from the pantry, which is adjacent to the bedroom, with the help of the necessary repairs, or by installing a closet in the room.
Color and decor
The main purpose of the dressing room is practicality, so the design must be properly selected and provided for durable operation. Here you need to pay attention to each zone, namely:
- top (not less than 190 cm) - only seasonal clothing is stored;
- medium - contains everyday outfits and underwear, as well as special rod for jackets and devices for other accessories;
- bottom - provides under special trays for shoes the presence of small boxes in which they store infrequently used things;
- and the storage area for hats is slightly higher than the average bar.
The dressing room in the bedroom should be decorated approximately as much as the whole room. In order to separate it, you can use: a sliding door, a rotating or just a transparent door, a door "accordion", as well as a door-louver.
If there is not much space, there may be a mirror on the back of the door. Still, it would be appropriate for the bedroom to make a plasterboard partition, it can be decorated using the same material as the rest of the room, or hang up a textile drapery. Due to the possibility of large amounts of dust accumulating, it is not very logical to use a fabric finish.
Depending on the preferences of the owner, different shades of wood can be used in the dressing room. You can diversify the furniture with the help of a pouf on wheels, display cases for storing jewelry or a dressing table with an openwork mirror.
The decor in bright colors in the bedroom will look elegant and appropriate to the setting. Girls can add various elements of delicate shades (curtains, ottomans, curtains). In men, however, a more strict style can be observed and white or gray tones are used. In general, everyone can choose the style and design according to their desire and taste.
Even if the dressing room is located in the bedroom, it is necessary to take care that the room is provided with a sufficient amount of light not only in the evening, but during the day.
For the required amount of light, the dressing room may contain: ceiling lighting evenly distributed around the room, shelves and drawers with additional lights, spotlights or wall sconces. T
Also, the presence of a window can not prevent, because natural lighting guarantees the correct perception of shades and psychological comfort.
How to organize the internal content?
The classic version of the filling department for the wardrobe involves the purchase of a special system that contains various departments, shelves, hooks and rods for hangers. You can choose both open and closed shelving. Due to the large variety of sizes and designs of such structures, you can easily choose the most suitable furniture for maximum convenience.
No less popular and attractive is the high-tech style, which implies metal products for decorating the inside of the dressing room.Also, it does not imply the presence of shelves or shelves, only rods and additions to them are used. This saves space and looks pretty impressive.
A dressing room does not have to contain only special items; it can also be decorated with what is on hand - to put a wardrobe, a mirror, a dressing table, on which you can arrange cosmetics and attractive jewelry boxes, and a comfortable poof, if necessary, separate the curtain or make a fence from available material.
In the department where shoes and clothes are kept, there must be enough air and it will not be superfluous to install a special ozonizer, and you can also lay out small pads containing fragrant herbs between the shelves with clothes.
Accommodation options and zoning rules
Variants of placement of dressing rooms are already described in the sub-item “Species”, it would not be superfluous to tell you how to select a dressing room in an existing full-fledged room:
- The partition - it can be made of drywall or any other material. Provided that the room is spacious, it can allow the dressing room to be allocated as a separate room.
- Perpendicular to the wall, the set cabinet can even become a special element of the decor, if it is decorated with any details or wallpaper pasted into the room's tone.
- If there is a recess in the wall, you can install a built-in wardrobe or a bar for hangers.
- Not only a certain peculiarity, but also an additional coziness in the room can be given by the presence of a screen or screen.
- On the cornice, mounted on the ceiling, can sit a beautiful curtain.
- If there is not enough space in the room, it is logical to use sliding doors.
- Visually, to make a room more spectacularly capable of the right combination of shades - for example, if the room itself is decorated in bright colors, then it would be good to make a dressing room in soft or light colors.
On various websites a lot of positive reviews about the wardrobe in the bedroom. Most often they say that it is luxurious and very comfortable. Among the shortcomings, they only distinguish the fact that it is not always possible to allocate the right amount of space in the room to install a dressing room, and yet this requires material investments, but it is worth noting that with a reasonable approach, it is possible to make a comfortable room with inexpensive materials.
Ideas in the interior
If you decide to use the corner dressing room, it is not necessary to allocate it as a separate room. It is enough just to give it the appearance of an ordinary cabinet and it will not require a lot of space.
If the bedroom is located on the attic or attic, the bed can be installed near the inclined wall, and the dressing room itself along the high. And if to her to choose more and sliding doors, then this will save space and will look quite impressive.
If the room has the impression that there is not enough free space, then a mirrored facade can visually fix it.
For absolutely tiny bedrooms there is an opportunity to install mini wardrobe rooms in which there will be only the most necessary accessories.