How to arrange the TV in the living room?
Well-made and carefully considered living room - a rarity in our time. It should be a place of rest, and most often a family one. And now it’s hard to imagine a living room without a TV, because someone likes to watch movies or broadcasts, someone can listen to music and watch music videos, or there can be lovers in the family playing consoles.
For all these purposes a television is needed. And its proper placement is not an easy task. Often the location of the TV depends not only on the desire to place it in a certain place. TV must properly complement the interior. After all, TV, like any element of the decor, can easily spoil the design of the room as a whole.
There are certain rules for placing a TV in the living room:
- TV should not be both near and opposite the window;
- TV should not stand on the spot hit by direct sunlight;
- the height of its location should not be higher than a person's height;
- the distance from the viewing point to the TV itself must be at least three times the diagonal;
- if the TV is hanging on the wall or mounted in it, then the design must withstand the weight of both the TV itself and its restraining system;
- when dividing the living room into zones, the TV should be located in the part that will be adapted for recreation;
- large, voluminous televisions are usually placed on pedestals or stands, while plasmas are usually hung on brackets or inserted into a specific niche to emphasize the modern interior;
- the dimensions of the TV must correspond to the dimensions of the room. A small TV can simply be lost in a large room, whereas a large one will eat up space in a small room;
- finishing the room should not interfere with watching TV;
- TV should be as close as possible to the wall, so as not to create an extra strain on the eyes and not cause headaches.
TV should not be the main element of the living room, there should be no television area, it should not stand out. Often, buying a modern plasma or LCD monitor, many do not think that it will not fit into the existing room design. And in pursuit of a larger diagonal, you can forget that such a monitor can simply stand up and take up a lot of space that was free before it. Therefore, to have any monitor must be competently and wisely.
Before buying a TV, you need to think about some things:
- which wall of the room will have the best TV;
- TV which diagonal will fit perfectly into the interior;
- where and how to position the chair or sofa so that it can be clearly seen;
- the main style and main colors of the living room.
In the bulk of its TVs are available in black. Well they will harmonize with almost all types of interiors. The main thing is that the TV does not look detached from the interior.
You can often choose the color of the TV, which is similar in color to the basic colors of the room design.This option allows you to not allocate anything in the room, it will be combined with all elements of the decor and create a feeling of comfort and relaxation.
Nowadays, TV is often built into a drywall niche. In the niche itself, you can insert a panel, as well as arrange additional lighting in soft colors to watch movies and programs not in the dark, but without the main color included.
Wall finish and background
Since the TV should be near the wall, it must be combined with it. And if the repair in the room is just beginning, then you can think in advance about the options for correctly decorating the wall for the TV that you see as the best option for the hall. Now we will consider the main types of wall decoration:
- Wallpaper. They allow you not only to cover the entire space from the floor to the ceiling, but also to highlight the necessary area. For example, when using patchwork combining around the screen, you can create a specific pattern or decorate the wall with posters with your favorite characters. Photowall-paper on that wall where the TV will be located is also popular.
- Painted walls. This option allows you to choose any color and shade for the wall. This is a very popular finishing method.Often used a combination of colors, but in the area next to the TV are mainly used bright and warm colors. Also with the help of drawn figures or images you can draw the outline of the TV as you see fit.
- Plastered wall. There is a huge selection of various plaster. You can create relief walls, and you can create a separation into zones when using different types of such material.
- Walls with bamboo canvases. Such decorative elements allow creating an atmosphere of interconnection with nature. These walls are suitable only for bright TVs, dark ones will stand out too much and look unnatural.
- Walls with elements of textiles. The use of different fabrics on the walls adds comfort to the rooms. This technique can be used to create a contrast between the wall and the TV.
- Brick or stone walls. With such walls often used fireplace as an element of the interior. When sharing a fireplace and TV in the same room, you need to know that they should not distract from each other.
Often the wall, which has a TV, is the main wall of the living room. Therefore, the design of the entire wall must be approached responsibly.Usually the wall with TV is decorated. The color of the wall should be calm and bright: ivory, cream, chocolate.
It must be remembered that it is undesirable to put the TV near light sources or heating elements. Also, you can not put next to the TV and a real fireplace. But it is possible to combine TV with an artificial fireplace on one wall. Often on one half of the wall, closer to the corner, there is a TV, and on the other half of the wall is a fireplace. This is how the living room is divided into two parts of rest.
Fixing the TV to the wall allows you to save space in the room.
Before installing the TV on the wall it is necessary to prepare:
- need to know at what height should be placed TV;
- arrange fastenings so that between the TV and the wall there is a gap for air circulation and preventing overheating;
- to know that it is impossible to hang up the plasma on the drywall. Drywall will not sustain such a weight.
The monitor is attached to the wall with a bracket.
There are three options for brackets:
- Hard. Characterized by fixing the monitor in such a way that it can not be tilted;
- Inclined. These brackets allow you to change the tilt of the monitor in one plane within 20 degrees;
- Inclined - turning. The most expensive type of attachment. Allows you to adjust the tilt in two planes, while having a large angle of inclination and rotation.
Beautiful examples in the interior
As an additional design to the TV, you can use many designs:
- Racks or niches. Most often they are located on the sides of the monitor. In the niches there are both decorative elements and additional attributes that are necessary. These include DVD players, a sound system or game consoles;
- Shelves. With their help, you can perfectly close the bare walls. They can cover at least the entire space of the wall around the TV;
- The arches. The use of arches is typical of such a style as minimalism. Often, the TV is located in a specially made arch for it, which gives it a special beauty. It also creates a portal feel and the like of 3D;
- Modular walls. They allow you to arrange the entire wall at once in the same style. Any technique in such modules looks very organic.
Modern technologies make it possible to bring any ideas to life with the help of various decorative elements.You can combine old styles with fresh trends of the time.
How to place the TV in the living room, see the next video.