The color of the walls in the living room: good options for home and apartment
The most important room in the house is the living room, in which the family spends its free time and receives guests. It should be designed in such a way that it was warm and cozy. The first thing that catches your eye when entering a room is the walls. The future design of the room, its mood and style depend on them. Therefore, it is important to choose the right finishes and colors for them.
The living room is the face of the apartment. In it, they not only spend their leisure time and receive guests, but sometimes they work and live. The design and furnishing of this room should be done with great responsibility and care in order to fill it with an atmosphere of calm and comfort.
Often, residents of the house want to make the living room special.therefore, they resort to ways of changing its functionality. Thus, it can be divided into several zones, which are designed to perform certain functions. Thus, the living space can serve as a kitchen, a study, a bedroom and a playground. Depending on the size of the apartment, the number of zones may vary from 2 to 4, but some tenants manage to increase this number.
To divide the room using different methods. It can be partitions, screens and pieces of furniture. But the most interesting and simple is zoning with color.
Having designed each zone in a certain color range, you can visually divide the space without creating physical obstacles.
Today, the living room can be decorated in any style you like. The main thing is to know the features of the chosen direction in order not to make serious mistakes.
- Classic - This is mahogany furniture, an abundance of natural colors and the absence of artificial materials. Most often for the design of the guest space they use modern classical style, which appreciates naturalness.Paintings in massive wooden frames, stucco molding and bronze decorations are welcome as decorations. Walls should have warm pastel shades. It may be milky, beige or pale yellow.
- Hi-tech style implies snow-white painting of the walls in combination with bright interior items. Metallic gloss, curtains with lurex and silvery decorations help to complement the style.
- Baroque intended for the stylistic design of large living rooms. The walls here often have three-dimensional drawings that smoothly flow into the ceiling, creating the illusion of deception. As for color, the baroque combines white and golden hues. Instead of white, it is possible to use beige or peach, but in this case the statism of the room will change.
- For modernity characterized by soft pastel colors. Its decor combines the monotony of wall surfaces with floral ornaments. Walls usually consist of concrete, glass or metal, which can be diluted with asymmetric patterns.
- If the living room style is chosen country music, the design of wall coverings should consist of natural shades. Often for the decoration of the walls resorted to aged decorative plaster, complementing its variegated elements.
- Minimalism appreciates the space, and therefore the primary color for the design of surfaces should be as light as possible. The use of mirror coatings that visually expand the space is encouraged.
- Lilac surfaces are characteristic for romantic provenance. For him, you can pick up delicate shades of pink or blue, which will help dilute aged furniture.
The color design of the walls allows you to visually adjust the parameters of the living room. Warm tones will bring the wall surfaces closer, and cold ones will draw them away. Saturated shades can reduce the room, and light, on the contrary, to expand.
You can choose the color of the walls, focusing on the direction of the world, on which the windows of the room look. If the windows are located on the north side, it is necessary to use warm colors, and if on the south side, then it is better to give preference to cold light shades. Wall surfaces that face east should be painted in muted pastel shades.Western rooms are preferable to arrange in cold colors.
Walls painted in ordinary colors will help to add to the room of sophistication. In combination with a bright chandelier or with variegated accessories, simple monochromatic surfaces will fill with life. In this case, the walls can be blue, pistachio, blue, pink and so on.
Orange tones refresh the space, while green tones add freshness. But it is desirable to paint only one wall with bright colors so that they do not create an imbalance in the interior. For example, it will be interesting to look at a black surface in combination with a dark floor and light walls.
Chocolate surfaces look quite impressive. Turquoise furniture and white accessories can decorate them.
Green, yellow, brown, olive, red, lavender, burgundy and mint colors will help to dilute the snow-white interior. White color is in harmony with any shades, so it can be combined even with khaki or ivory.
When choosing a color palette for any living room, you need to remember the rule of five colors:
- dark pieces of furniture should be on a light background;
- within the same space can not use more than five colors.
Before painting the walls you need to make a check and make sure that the selected colors will well emphasize the interior of the room. It is necessary to think in advance about the design of the room and take into account the color scheme of all its components.
How to paint?
Repair of the hall should begin with the preparation of all surfaces for painting or pasting. Often for decorative decoration using water-based or oil paint, which requires careful preparation of the walls. Even barely visible defects of untreated surfaces after painting will be very visible.
To prepare the walls for staining, you need to go through several stages. First you need to remove the old coating, and then walk through the plaster. Only after this wall partitions are ready for painting with enamel or paint. The final stage consists of cleaning the room.
The choice of the basic color of the walls should begin with taking into account the intensity of natural light, the size of window openings, the style and dimensions of the living room. The color scheme should suit all residents, so you can choose a combination of colors.For example, divide the wall into two equal parts using contrasting colors.
In a large room
Large and spacious living rooms do not need a visual increase, so for their design, you can use any tone. It can be light shades of blue, gold, yellow, gray or green.
In a small room
Here it is better to use light colors that will expand the area.
Much of the painting of the walls depends on the zoning of the room. So, the rest area is better perceived in soothing colors, and the play area can be dazzled with bright colors. Monotone surfaces can be diluted with colored elements. These can be paintings or unusual lamps.
The study should have to work, so its design should consist of soothing beige, brown or gray shades. The dining area looks good in light green tones, as the green color contributes to appetite control. Red and orange walls, on the contrary, make you want to eat.
A bluish or greenish tone can create a feeling of coolness and visually enlarge the space. And in order for the chosen color to become particularly saturated, it is necessary to use a color for the dilution of paint.
Beautiful examples in the interior
There are many interesting solutions for obtaining the original interior of the hall.
One of the most popular options is to create an accent wall. She always stands out in color and texture, as her main task is to attract attention. The focus is only on the surface opposite the entrance to the room. At the same time, the color of the accent part of the room always echoes the color design of other interior elements.
As an accent, apply wallpaper, painting, original drawing or pattern. If wallpaper is used for pasting walls, then they adhere to the unity of their quality.
The stripes look beautiful in the interior of the hall - the horizontal lines contribute to the expansion of the area, and the vertical lines visually raise the ceilings.
Wall decor above the fireplace can imitate brick or masonry. If the guest room is made in a modern style, then imitation of metal looks appropriate.
It is possible to decorate classic wall surfaces with floral textiles or gold framing. For country and provence it is appropriate to use rattan products or wooden wall clocks.
The main wall can add to the room of uniqueness, if it shows a family tree or a large family portrait.
Decorative plaster in the hall allows you to smooth out all the irregularities, besides it looks impressive. You can add frills patterns that are created with a spatula.
Whatever color is chosen for the walls in the living room, it is important that it suits all residents of the house. Successful solutions are taking into account personal preferences and advice from experienced designers.
For more tips on how to choose the right paint color for walls, see the next video.