Interesting ideas to repair the living room
The hall is the key room in most apartments, and it is required to be repaired only on the basis of a well-thought-out project. The interior plays an important role in its compilation. On whether the repair is cosmetic or larger, depends on the need to attract experienced designers, or all the work the residents will carry out independently.
Most often, living rooms are entrusted to repair by professionals in order to avoid negative effects and mistakes. But if you want to save money or depend on no one in the realization of your ideal, you will have to make repairs yourself.
In the old panel house the main problem that needs to be addressed without delay is the lack of usable space.Capital works (with redevelopment) are quite expensive and almost always require approvals. Therefore, they mainly spend budget redecoration, limited to visual expanding effects.
As in any other room, repairing the living room, starting from the ceiling. If there is an acute shortage of space, it is covered with plasterboard. Such a solution, at the same time elegant in appearance, saves a lot of precious time. The simpler the decor, the external decorations and ornaments on all surfaces, the better the hall space will look like in the “Khrushchev”.
Unlike a corridor, living rooms do not usually lack natural light. And if it is still there, then you should choose design options with two windows. Immediately decide whether the openings will be located next to each other or on adjacent walls: sometimes a very interesting effect is obtained when moving them to mutually opposite walls.
Space, light is extremely important. But what to do in a regular apartment, when it is not possible to organize any special frills, only a professional will tell. It is then that seemingly minor accents take on special significance."Ordinary" apartments are repaired, first of all finishing the surface - only then does the turn of the arrangement in general come.
Strictly speaking, there is not even a need for repairs to zoning in most cases. But if the living room is being repaired, it is worth thinking about dividing it into functional blocks or about improving the previous division. When the apartment has a bay window, as well as in a narrow elongated lounge area of 15 square meters. m, it is recommended for visual delimitation to put the arches of the GCR. The useful territory is not reduced, but the effect of the gloomy, clamped space is eliminated.
Reception becomes only more effective if you remove the interior door and thoroughly clean the doorway, rounding the upper part of the passage with an arch.
When you do not need to deal with excessive gloominess (a pair of windows was originally installed), a sleeping area for guests can be placed at the very farthest from the entrance to the apartment window. But when the windows are located opposite each other, often leave only part of the south or south-west opening. This is how they organize a workplace with the best lighting, and reduce excessive heat in the summer months.A cloudless winter day gives a normal stream of light even through a shortened window, and in bad weather you will still have to press the switch.
Zoning of even a very large (not to mention a small) living room should be limited to the allocation of a maximum of three or four sections. Otherwise, there is a sense of senseless piling up of objects. For your information: professional designers consider it permissible to combine only such functional areas that do not contradict each other.
Recreation area should be separated from the dining room.; in another embodiment, the nursery is separated from the common living space. Furniture is an important tool for zoning: not least, such a device is not perceived as an artificial or absurd act. It is not necessary to put bulky cabinets at all, enough to delimit the space of ordinary sofas, bar counters, flat aquariums and shelves made of plasterboard.
The alternative is to use sliding doors, such a move is especially good when you need to separate a small area in the end of the living room and cover it from strangers.
Visual structuring of the space can also be carried out with false partitions, arches, highlighting parts of the ceiling that are different in design. Decorative designers, podiums and curtains sometimes come to the aid of designers. Separation using wallpaper is good because you don’t need any additional elements in principle.
Combination with other rooms
Sometimes, instead of dividing the living room itself into parts, they try to combine it with other rooms. Particularly relevant is such a move in a one-room apartment, where even small boundaries between rooms take a significant portion of space. The merger of the living room and the kitchen is quite widespread, and designers are trying to find ways to connect the corridor with both of them.
Restructuring will definitely need for old housingbuilt over 20 years ago; But keep in mind that competently thinking through the design of a multi-functional room is not an easy task even for a specialist.
As far as possible try to achieve a square contour of the room, it is much more attractive than any "original" forms and allows you to diversify the design approach.Geometric design techniques help to get away from the sensation of a rectangle. In the “studio” type apartments, the recreational and dining areas are necessarily combined, sometimes even a folding place for sleeping is organized. In the sitting room it is worth using internal partitions, otherwise it will not seem like a cozy and pleasant part of the house.
In a small guest room, a competent choice of style allows you to create a feeling of comfort and coziness, but one must take into account the indispensable requirement - the minimum number of input parts.
- The ideal choice, based on these considerations - modern style; it is both functional and accurate, it allows you to use even the latest innovations of technology. Due to the dilution of decorative elements it is easy to get away from the "office effect".
- Classic more solemn and luxurious, its characteristic features are white saturation, the use of crystal, gilding, and carved elements. In the classical format of the house, stucco parts and arches are also used, columns can be put, and sometimes raised eaves are suspended. Above the windows, heavy-duty curtains are attached, supplemented by a vertical drapery - the ties should be made as attractive as possible.
- Provence - always brings a feeling of rustic comfort, this style is suitable for those who do not like the stiffness and pomposity of the classical atmosphere. Lace is plentifully applied, prints with flower images, and the main colors are pastel. The perfect setting for a friendly tea party.
- Luxury interior can be created in the case when you like industrial style - Try to use the design under the loft. Indispensable features of this format are devoid of any decor, even rich in color finishing materials, walls. The windows are set panoramic, furniture choose only the one without which it is impossible to do. For decorating the living room using abstract paintings, black and white photograph with simple scenes without small details. All this is sometimes supplemented with metal floor lamps.
Talking about finishing materials in the living room “generally” does not make sense, you need to disassemble them for each surface separately. After all, the floor is decorated in some ways, the walls in others, and all of them are bad for ceilings.
The appearance of the floor in the living room can be very different in spirit, but in any case, it must be in harmony with the walls and ceiling.If you use the effect of contrast, you should proceed carefully and not create complex combinations.
If the original floor is wooden, be sure to check the strength and reliability of all components. Look at the heads of the nails, none should rise above the surface. Only after a thorough check can you put a rough substrate, then lay on it chipboard or fiberboard.
For decorative finishes, you should use a floorboard, classic parquet or laminate that imitates their appearance. Old parquet floors, which can still be repaired, are scraped and painted with varnish.
Important: Avoid laying tiles and linoleum, these materials spoil the interior and are incompatible with the most sought-after styles.
A simple way to decorate walls is to use wallpaper or paints, in these two cases it is equally important to take into account what the role of the finished surfaces in the interior will be. Moldings help to cope with the effect of too low ceiling. Making the surface with geometric shapes always looks aristocratic and elegant. But do not create too many small details, they can ruin the feeling.
Stylish solutions hinting at unity with nature are easily created using wooden and stone decorative elements. In a simpler version, you can limit yourself to a shelf made of drywall for constantly used things. Using the bay window, you will be able to both increase the available space (using it in everyday life or for other experiments) and add light to the room. The final decision depends on the size of the protrusion and on whether it is fully glazed or only partially.
Ceilings can always be repaired, but it is recommended to start this work first of all, so as not to soil the finishing of the walls and the floor. Flat designs, having one level, are created from tiles, wallpaper, wood and decorative plaster.
Do not give up on such budgetary decisions as suspended ceilings and ceilings, they can also look very nice. If you want to create a suspended system covered with plasterboard, or combine such a ceiling with tensioning elements, thoroughly think how it will look. Additional decoration, giving relief will provide stucco plaster or polystyrene,the number of such elements should vary depending on the chosen style.
Colors and prints
Variants of the color solution of the living room can be very different, but a prerequisite for their use is a clear choice: which elements will become the main and which background patches. It is impractical to make too large accent zones or create them in significant quantities. In light colors, it is recommended to make out ceilings, this will help to increase the apparent volume of the room.
Important: mixing warm and cold tones should be avoided, because only professionals can beat their contrast competently and clearly.
- White Living Rooms - Old-fashioned and more like a hospital operating room. This coloring should be introduced moderately and only as single accents. It is better to dwell on a beige or emotionally pleasant peach color combined with many tonalities. But brown paint, like white, apply dosed to the headsets and walls do not merge into one indistinguishable lump.
- Gray the tonality is unreasonably considered dull looking and creating boredom, but in fact, if the combination is chosen correctly, it fits perfectly into any color combinations.
- Green Coloring is recommended if the windows are directed to the north, and in the opposite case lilac shades should be used.
- When in the design of the room is actively used red tone, dilute its excessive saturation will help furniture products of other colors.
Do not rush to immediately apply the most fashionable color in the current season, after the ill-considered decision is often regretted. See what fits into the environment, and what - no.
According to professionals, even before the start of the repair and even before the purchase of materials, you need to choose places for the installation of furniture and equipment, a full list of items that will stand in the living room.
Only under this condition will it be possible to make a first-class repair and not regret any shortcomings in the future:
- When your problem is a high ceiling, it is worth reducing it due to optical illusions. Glue wallpaper with a horizontal stroke of the strips, put curbs, use moldings.
- To visually expand the boundaries of the room, large window frames, large paintings, wallpaper with a rhombic ornament are perfect.
- An excellent option to add a ceiling heaviness, massiveness is the use of wall coverings in the cage.
- To beat the ridiculous and the wrong configuration of the windows always helps careful selection of curtains.
- Ideas using carpet to create expressive details of the interior are not bad, but you should pay attention to the size of the floor covering. A very small carpet will be “lost” in the room and will not make the proper impression, no matter how beautiful it may appear in the store or in the photo.
- Those who like to use technical and design novelties, but who strive at the same time to create a sense of tradition, a classic interior in general, should focus on approaches in the spirit of eclecticism. Then the mismatch of individual parts of the living room will cease to be a problem and will become a serious advantage of it.
Consider the actual deadlines for work and be interested in them in advance. This will let you know for sure when the performers are deceptive with the delivery of the object, and when they are in too much of a hurry and make mistakes in their work. With self-repair, it is all the more important to take into account this circumstance in order to manage to do everything.
Beautiful examples in the interior
General recommendations of designers and tips on the design of individual elements are important, of course. But it's time to see how a good living room design will look according to experienced professionals. We consider only three options, so that you have a clear idea of the possibilities to beautifully decorate the space.
- Here they simply combined the living room with the bedroom. In the distance is a rather large window covered with an original curtain; on a bright sunny day the fabric is not visible, only an expressive bright spot remains. The alternation of light and dark surfaces, along with the mirror design on the ceiling, should be recognized as a very successful step. The interior is not only comfortable, but also modern, all surfaces are flat and monochromatic, with relatively sharp transitions of tones. This is not a mistake, it’s just that an experienced designer should use this technique, then there’s no bad feeling.
- In the other living room we see two windows set on different walls and rather distant from each other; but this distance is hidden, and the space does not seem to be darkened. The original design maneuver is a rich dark corner that separates the two light sections of the wall.The ceiling is snow-white, except for the central figure lamp. Point light sources are installed on it.
- And here everything is not just magnificent, the interior is truly luxurious. An elegant chandelier and lush curtains, a picture with a classic plot, a fireplace, an abundance of white tones (all the others are just accent ones) create an enthusiastic, high spirits.
How to make repairs in the living room, see the next video.