How to make the living room in turquoise?
With the right color, you can set the mood for any room. Choosing the right shade for the decoration of the living room is not an easy task, as guests are often received in this room. An ideal interior should please not only households, but also all those who come to visit them. Living in turquoise colors can be a great solution if you want to bring to life a modern interior, make it memorable and attractive.
The choice of turquoise for decorating the living room is considered very successful, because all its shades are soothing.They can relieve depression and restore the former joyful mood.
Some of the turquoise hues remind the sea and rest, giving others a sense of calm and serenity, without leaving home. According to many experts, this color is a source of energy.
Since the palette of turquoise is quite extensive, be sure to pay attention to the most popular shades:
- Sky blue This shade will surely energize you all day long. But do not be zealous with very rich colors, if the living room is not enough light. Many designers and decorators recommend using sky blue as an additional color. In this color, you can safely choose textiles. Different kinds of pillows, carpets and some other accessories that can be an excellent addition to the living room in a nautical style. Light shades of heaven will help make the room more spacious and fresh, it will be nice to be absolutely everything.
- Blue combined with blue. Such a tandem of flowers is considered a soothing mind. In the living room, in which such shades prevail, peace will prevail.Many experts recommend choosing furniture in such colors and various textiles. However, if the shades of blue are very bright and saturated, it is better not to be zealous with them, so as not to make the room gloomy.
- Green Blue Considered very popular for choice. With this combination, you can get the most unusual color, the most sought-after are considered green-blue pieces of furniture with pearl shimmer. It is not uncommon that in such colors you can choose very beautiful wallpapers. In addition, these colors are perfectly combined not only with sunny, lemon and yellow shades, but also with gray and silver. The design of the living room in such colors and shades is ideal for creative and courageous individuals who are looking for inspiration not only in everyday life, but also in a home environment.
Turquoise can be called universal because it is ideal for people of all ages. In many foreign countries, this color has symbolic meanings, marking the generosity, love and well-being in the house.
Choosing a turquoise color and its shades to decorate the living room, you probably will not lose.
How to combine colors?
Turquoise goes well with white, milk, beige and gold colors. With the help of skillfully selected combinations of shades, it is possible to draw up not only a spacious hall in a private house, but also a small living room in an apartment.
Paying special attention to the combination of colors, do not forget that turquoise can be both a primary color and an additional one. If you are a creative person, then give free rein to your imagination and do not be afraid to experiment.
To create a marine effect, try to choose not acid shades of turquoise, but more natural and muted ones. Also not bad will look and wallpaper in such colors, which will be located the sea.
In modern interiors, turquoise textiles are often combined with red and crimson flowers in the interior. Such combinations are very unusual, but if you think up the design to the smallest detail, it will be very attractive.
Turquoise is also good with yellow and olive flowers. Particularly advantageous such combinations look in expensive classical and noble interiors.
Also, experts recommend to pay attention to the profitable combination of pink with turquoise, gold, silver and orange.
Turquoise is the color that will always look stylish and fashionable. From year to year it becomes more popular and in demand, because with its help it is possible to diversify not only modern, but also classical interiors.
Turquoise will be beneficial to reflect the nobility of classical styles, such as Baroque, Empire, or Art Deco. As separate accessories and parts, turquoise is very profitably overwhelmed in loft, techno and fusion styles.
Scandinavian style especially likes turquoise, gray, silver and other colors. By itself, this style is a little cold, so for its "revitalization" very often use contrasting furniture, however, the main colors are gray, blue in all shades and white.
Retro style turquoise color is most often used in upholstery furniture. Often, when in shades of turquoise you can find unusual curtains and carpets.
In African and various ethnic styles turquoise is also used very often, but not in its pure form, but in detail.In the turquoise color can be made of various pillows, not very bright accessories, vases and other decorative items that are used in the interiors of this style.
When people think to decorate the living room in shades of turquoise, the first thing that comes to mind is to choose wallpaper of marine color. On the one hand, this is true, because in this way the turquoise color can be revealed in all its glory.
The smaller the room, the brighter the shade of turquoise as a wall covering is worth choosing.
Light sea colors will not spoil even the most spacious living room. It is recommended to dilute the main color of the walls with various wall accessories, lamps and paintings. Turquoise mother-of-pearl walls with suspended white ceiling will look very beneficial.
If there are niches in the room, they can be decorated in a different color, which will be advantageously combined with turquoise. Thus, you will avoid excessive monotony in the interior.
When choosing a turquoise wallpaper with pictures, be careful Sometimes for the living room it is best to choose plain wallpaper or stripes.
As for the flooring, then you should give preference to parquet or laminate in natural milk and brown shades. Beige and sand wood shades are always beneficial combined with sea tones. If you choose carpet, do not forget that it is much more difficult to care for it than for other floor coverings. However, it is always appropriate in the living rooms.
If there is not a lot of space in the living room, then try to get compact furniture that will be advantageously combined with turquoise walls. Be sure to pay attention to the sofas, made in several colors, one of which may be white and the other blue. Such furniture can perfectly complement the interior in turquoise colors.
Small coffee tables can be made of plastic, wood or glass. The latter are most preferred, since glass creates a more airy sensation and does not look cumbersome at all.
To emphasize the vitality of the room, you should pay attention to the brighter furniture.Also a good option can be a wicker sofa and armchairs, which easily fill the room with comfort and summer sea warmth.
If you are not sure that the choice of the right furniture and accessories is within your reach, and you can spoil the whole interior, the best thing is to use the services of professionals who will surely bring to life your most interesting ideas and preferences.
Decor, light and accessories
With the help of properly selected accessories, you can make any room interior more complete.
As for the living room, here you can place the following items:
- Glass vases with fresh and artificial flowers, such as tulips. Also fit any green plants in pots that will be perfectly combined with the turquoise color on the walls.
- If the room has a fireplace, then you can hang a family picture or a mirror above it. And on the fireplace shelf you can place small figurines and candles. The main thing - do not forget about fire safety.
- On the coffee table you can place a small vase with stones, shells or flowers. To complete the nautical style on the wall, you can hang a decorative anchor or steering wheel.
- Small accents can be placed with additional artificial spot lighting on the ceiling and in niches, if any. And as a central lighting should choose a chandelier. Crystal and glass harmonize very well with the blue and turquoise colors.
Turquoise cannot be called masculine or feminine; however, if we are talking about the design of an apartment for a young person, the sea colors of the living room can be diluted with chocolate shades and even black.
"Female" apartment also requires slightly different shades, for example, milk, pink and other pastel. No exception and the use of pale violet in combination with turquoise.
To recreate a decent interior in your home or apartment, you should look at real projects that use shades of turquoise. Thus, you will develop a more complete picture of what you should pay attention to when creating such an interior, and also you can decide whether the design will suit you in such shades or not.
On how to arrange the living room in turquoise colors, you will see in the next video.