Types of lego-bricks: what you should pay attention to during the production?
Differences in masonry involve the use of various forms and types of bricks. In addition, the shape of the brick affects the required amount of material, as well as the speed of construction work.
The most popular lego brickwhich in our country is in demand, has one form. But perhaps other matrices are not worse? Let's look at other types.
Depending on the size of the holes, the Lego brick is:
- hollow (perforated), when the holes occupy more than 25% of the area of the brick;
- full-bodied when the holes occupy less than 25% of the area of the brick.
The hollowness of the standard Lego brick, which we consider on our website, is about 20%.
- Want a brick of great strength? Use machines with a powerful press, which will allow to obtain a sufficiently high density. With this technique, the cost of materials is growing, because they need more. In this case, the binder in the composition is applied less.
- Than brick more hollow (more than 50%), the more binder should be used.
- Of course, quality is important. machine for the production of Lego bricks and, ultimately, not only its qualitative characteristics, but also the correct geometry. An error of +/- 1mm can cause the wall to be incorrectly folded.
All these factors greatly affect the cost of bricks.
About, how to produce brick "Lego"read our other article.
There is also a clutch type classification:
- Movement is limited in both horizontal and transverse directions. Often used abroad.
- Movement is limited only in the transverse direction, moves horizontally.
Depending on the appearance:
- with textured front surface
- with a smooth front surface.
- Groove and tongue (T & G) - the most popular;
- Tabs and grooves (P & D);
- Topological non-flat castle.
In Canada, mostly Lego bricks are made in the size of 400x200x200 mm. They are large in size and are used for building construction. Their withsparlock system provides only vertical lock connection.
Haener system - both horizontal and vertical connection.
In the manufacture of such blocks, the ratio of cement is not less than 10% in the sand-cement mixture. They are very often used in Africa and Asia for the construction of low-cost housing.
All these types of lego bricks were designed to reduce housing construction time and increase productivity, reduce costs and improve the quality characteristics of the final product.