Brick SB (fire-resistant chamotte)
Brick SB is one of the types of refractory bricks. In the manufacture of this brick using only the highest quality raw materials. Namely, powder-fireclay and fire-resistant clay. They are connected in the process of strong heating.
The most common area of use of this brick is the construction of stoves, fireplaces, etc. It is able to withstand the effects of high temperatures and not to collapse under their action. It also retains heat well in itself, so even a long-dead stove or fireplace will radiate pleasant heat.
Brick SB can be produced not only rectangular, but also figured. This allows you to use it for decorating objects under construction.
Depending on the shape and size, the following types of SB bricks are distinguished:
- SB - 5,
- SB - 6,
- SB - 8,
- SB - 22,
- SB - 23,
- SB - 44,
- SB - 45.
Another common species is ShA brick.
Brick SB has both advantages and disadvantages.
- excellent fire resistance
- withstands temperatures up to 1500 ° C (ordinary bricks barely reach 1000 ° C)
- heats up quickly, that is, quickly transfers heat to the room, which is very important for stoves and fireplaces
- retains heat for a long time in itself, so a house built of such a brick cools for a long time
- not afraid of changes in temperature, mold, mildew, precipitation, which significantly increases the service life
- this type of bricks can be given any color or shade of color, as well as different textures, which allows you to create a beautiful view of structures
- high cost of bricks, which is a very significant disadvantage when choosing a material for construction
- the brick is very strong, which seems to be an advantage, but due to this it cannot be cut at home, and for its cutting you need to buy expensive tools.
If for you the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, then we suggest you opt for the brick SB.
It is great for building fireplaces and barbecues. With your own hands you can even build brick smokehouse.
And finally, it is worth telling how to choose a high-quality brick of SB. Indeed, in the modern world, almost everything is forged. And in order not to get into a very unpleasant situation, adhere to the following rules:
- Lightly knock on the brick and listen. High-quality brick will make a subtle sound. But a dull sound indicates not quality materials or violations in production technology
- carefully review the samples provided. They must be solid and durable, if the edges are chipped or scuffed, this indicates insufficient strength
- brick structure should be homogeneous
- if a thinnest transparent film is found on the surface of a brick, in no case buy such bricks, the film will deteriorate the contact with the mortar, which may adversely affect the strength of the structure