Coconut orthopedic mattresses
Today, the most common and popular mattresses are orthopedic models with various fillings. They help to properly hold the spine of a person during rest or sleep, which further eliminates the problems and diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Before purchasing such a product, it is necessary to determine the type of mattress and its filler. They are spring and springless. Fillers include coconut coir or add latex to it to reduce stiffness. For filling use natural, artificial or combined materials.
If the orthopedic mattress consists only of natural fillers, then its service life is greatly reduced.
To choose the perfect product, you must take into account its properties and durability.
Materials and manufacturing process
Soft natural filler - latex is used in spring or springless mattresses. It has good elasticity, elasticity, hypoallergenic, able to withstand heavy loads. Coconut coir gives the product rigidity and has high strength characteristics; it is able to withstand a constant heavy load; does not decay and does not absorb moisture.
Natural coconut filler is made from nuts freshly harvested in southern latitudes. For 10 months, the coconuts are soaked in water to make it easy to remove the shells and separate the fibers. From the total mass, only the best coconut coir is selected and dried for a long time. For filling orthopedic mattresses using short and heavily torn fibers.
Coconut fiber processing methods for orthopedic mattresses:
- The preparatory stage is to impregnation of natural raw materials latex mixture. When combining coconut and latex, a monolithic slab is formed, which is not subject to scattering.To get a more rigid product, it is necessary to increase the percentage of coir, depending on the latex, with a proportion of 70/30. Due to this increase the elastic and strength properties, as well as significantly increases the service life of the mattress. This method has a big drawback - the cost of the product is greatly increased.
- Pressing coconut filler and punching it with special needles. The manufacturing process itself is cheaper, but the product is short-lived.
The orthopedic mattress, with a nut fiber filler, is thinner in comparison with other products and has many advantages:
- Natural, eco-friendly and safe for human health.
- Does not cause allergic reactions.
- Possesses the increased moisture resistant properties.
- Does not absorb foreign odors.
- Well ventilated and conducts heat.
- Not rotting.
- It has a long operational period.
There are also disadvantages in orthopedic products made from coconut coir:
- The manifestation of the smell of rubber for a short time after purchase.
- Pressed coir has a short service life and begins to crumble at constant large loads.
How to choose?
To choose the perfect natural orthopedic mattress, it is necessary to take into account the basic parameters and characteristics of the product, as well as the operating environment:
- Mattress with coconut flakes most comfortable and does not cause discomfort. The body assumes a natural position that corresponds to the anatomical features of the person. Muscles are in a relaxed state, and in the future there is no spinal disease.
- Coconut filler, no latex mixture added very hard. It is used in both spring and springless orthopedic products. The amount of mattress depends on the amount of coir, but you should not choose a model with a high percentage of coconut chips, because they have a high coefficient of rigidity. The best option would be to buy a model with the addition of latex.
The aged people are more susceptible to pressure on the soft tissues of the body and the body, therefore, orthopedic mattresses with coconut fiber as a filler are not suitable for them.
- There are many varieties of orthopedic products and to choose the right one It is necessary to rely on the weight category of the person. For people weighing up to 60 kilograms, mattresses with an independent spring block and a filler with coconut coir and latex are suitable. A heavier person weighing up to 90 kilograms is recommended a product with springs that occupy half of its area and layers of coconut and latex chips. Springless orthopedic models with identical layers of latex and coir can replace it. For people weighing 120 kilograms, spring models are suitable, but a layer of coconut coir should be larger to increase the rigidity of the product.
Coconut orthopedic mattress without springs is ideal for babies. The spine of the child is flat, but a rigid product does not allow him to sag. The main thing is that all materials are natural and have quality certificates.
All tips on the care and storage of natural products are spelled out in the technical document. There are a few key points to consider:
- Do not let the children jump on the bed.
- The model is thin and should not be twisted and folded.
- Store only in a horizontal position.
If you follow the rules for operation and the right model, the orthopedic product will last a long time.
All the features of coconut coir, see the following video.