Sleep is one of the most important components of each person’s life. This is the third of his life in the literal sense of the word. And sleep, of course, is better on a bed with a good mattress that meets modern requirements for comfort and reliability. And who, if not Ikea can help in choosing such a mattress!
There are the following:
- The first and main advantage of Ikea mattresses - These are affordable prices. Of course, they are not worth a penny, but if you compare it with prices from other manufacturers, you can be pleasantly surprised.
- The second, but no less important feature, This is workmanship. Their quality is so high that Ikea guarantees the replacement of mattresses for 25 years! This is true.If the check is safe and sound, then for 25 years the mattress can be returned or replaced in case of any malfunction.
- The third feature is not so significant, but very pleasant. If you need to transport the mattress, it is rolled up and packed in a vacuum bag, after which the carrying becomes a pleasure. For most products, it is possible to purchase special covers - mattress covers to facilitate care and special loops for carrying.
Ikea mattresses have different levels of hardness, providing an even greater number of choices for the potential buyer.
Although Ikea does not have a large model range, nevertheless it is able to please almost anyone. Here are the types of mattresses this company can offer today:
- Spring. The most common and most familiar to customers. It is subdivided into two types: the usual one with the dependent spring unit and the pocket type springs. The second type of springs is often called independent.
- Springless. Also divided into latex and polyurethane foam (foam rubber of the new generation) models.In addition, modern polyurethane foam is different from the previous generation in that it has a memory effect that provides a comfortable body position and the best rest.
- Sliding. Used for beds with sliding mechanism. It is extremely convenient because of the springs, such as the bonnel (dependent spring unit), providing the most comfortable sleep. One of the options presented of this type is the model "Wiss Vink".
- Foldable to the floor. This type of mattress is designed to comfortably accommodate guests in the absence of an extra bed. Consists of three parts, folding and folding in a second. In the folded state takes up little space and can be stored on the balcony or in the closet.
- Separate views can be distinguished bedding for chaise longuebecause it is a subtype of a folding mattress. The same three folding parts filled with polyurethane foam, only used for sun loungers provided by Ikea.
- Thin. In fact, it is a subtype of springless mattresses, however, it is distinguished in a separate category because of a thin layer of filler from 3.5 to 8 centimeters.
Previously, in Ikea it was possible to purchase a base for a mattress with legs, but now, the company has abandoned them due to the lack of need.
Most models of mattresses are presented in two versions: hard and medium hardness. When choosing the degree of stiffness, only the filler changes, but the cost also changes. When choosing a mattress, you need to pay attention to this.
Although the range of mattresses is not too large, but they can be made to fit almost any bed. For example, "Hovog" (mattress with pocket type springs) can be made in five sizes: 90x200, 120x200, 140x200, 160x200, 180x200 cm, which will suit both single and double beds.
If necessary, you can choose a mattress for most of the sizes used in the manufacture of modern beds, namely:
- 80x190 cm;
- 180x80 cm;
- 90x190 cm;
- 70x160 cm;
- 120x180 cm;
- 150x200 cm;
- 90x180 cm;
- 170x80 cm
These sizes are enough not only for beds for adults, they are also suitable for cots.
In confirmation of these words, you can bring the mattress "Husvik", approved by experts for sleeping children. Do not forget about the thickness of the product, because in many respects thanks to her sleep becomes really comfortable. The proposed range is from 3.5 to 31 centimeters.
Fillers and materials
Before proceeding to the list of various materials and fillers used in Ikea mattresses, it is necessary to understand what the mattress consists of. And they consist of the following components: mattress fabric, side and bottom upholstery, springs, soft material and lining for spring options or mattress fabric, soft material and lining for springless.
Mattress fabric is mainly made of cotton and polyester, of various proportions, but in some models lyocell and flax can be used. The same materials are used to create the side and bottom upholstery. Soft material is a mattress filler. In its manufacture, the following materials are used: wadded mattresses - polylactide fiber, natural or synthetic latex, wool, horsehair, coir, coconut palm fiber, polyurethane foam (sometimes called polyurethane), polyester wool, polypropylene, sisal and others. Lining is mainly used non-woven polypropylene.
Most of the mattresses manufactured by Ikea are presented in white, however, in the manufacture of some models are used dark gray, dark beige and light beige.You can find models made in gray and gray-blue colors.
Mattress covers and bases
We can say that the cover is a special storage for springless mattresses, which can be simply removed and washed in a washing machine without any problems. They are carried out, as well as other mattress fabric mainly from polyester and cotton in a different percentage ratio. Equipped with special locks and hinges for easy carrying.
As described above, when you buy a mattress in the Ikea store for easy carrying, each product is rolled up and placed in a special vacuum bag, thereby facilitating transportation. But this is not all possible bonuses when buying. Practically to any mattress for an additional cost, you can purchase a special cover-mattress topper, which will provide the best preservation of the useful properties of the mattress and its appearance. The cover, unlike the mattress, can be washed and reused, which is very convenient.
If necessary, in the Ikea stores you can separately purchase the base for the mattress in the form of rack bottom, which can be replaced by the deteriorated or annoying bottom of the bed.Such a replacement often has a positive effect on the quality of sleep, increasing its convenience.
Knowing how the mattress works, you can easily maintain its appearance for a long time:
- The first thing to remember when using spring mattresses is that the springs are made of various metals that are susceptible to corrosion and various deformations if they are violated. The main enemy of such mattresses are rooms with high humidity and spilled drinks. Filling such mattresses is difficult and when wet, it is not always possible to dry it properly, which can cause a quick failure of the mattress.
- To minimize the possibility of damage to the product, you can purchase a mattress cover., which is a thin layer of soft material, which can be removed at any time of use and washed in a washing machine.
By the way, liquids, especially strongly smelling, do not like not only spring mattresses, but also springless ones, due to the fact that they quickly eats into the filler and retain odors for a very long time.
- Second, you need to understand that any mattress will soon become unusable if the wrong weight is placed on it. The heavier the person, the less the product will serve, although for obese people, more stringent types of fillers are provided that remain intact for longer.
- Thirdly, it is important to remember that the mattress is a double-sided piece of furniture, which means that it is not only possible, but also sometimes you need to turn it over. So he will keep his form and other useful qualities longer.
- Fourth - no matter how the mattress is protected, it is still exposed to such a harmful substance as dust, and therefore experts recommend exhaust her from time to time in order to avoid the formation of various diseases and exacerbation of allergic reactions.
Which to choose?
The choice of a mattress, as mentioned above, is not easy, since many factors must be taken into account and from the variety should choose exactly what is suitable. And, of course, everything is strictly individual.
Many human factors can also affect the choice, ranging from personal preference to the recommendations of the orthopedic surgeon or surgeon. Most questions will be able to help resolve the sales consultants in the store.
First, you need to decide on the frame. If it is already purchased and the old mattress has fallen into disrepair, you can, knowing the size, just come and buy a new one, similar in characteristics. If the frame is not, then you need to understand what size mattress to choose. Single, double, children. There are many options.
Having decided on the size, you can look at the model range presented in Ikea stores and based on availability, choose. So, a start has been made and you can begin to describe the main criteria that influence the choice:
- The most important thing for most is the cost of the product., but in this choice I want to warn that savings in this case will be sideways for the health and comfort of sleep, which is one third of a person’s life.
- Next, you need to decide on the choice of stiffness. Everything is relatively simple here. It is enough to remember a small table and know the height and weight of the person who will sleep on this mattress. According to this table, everything with an increase from 150 to 200 centimeters and a weight of 50 to 70 kilograms shows products of medium hardness, whereas people with a weight above 70 kg need to buy hard mattresses.However, this table is not absolute and you should always take into account personal needs and habits. When choosing the stiffness, you can consult with your doctor and follow his recommendations.
- Now the fun part! Type of mattress. As mentioned above, all mattresses are divided into two main types: spring and springless. And this is perhaps the most difficult of all the criteria. Today, Ikea stores represented 22 models. 11 spring and 11 springless, respectively.
For spring include:
- Hovogh - the most popular model. Equipped with pocket springs in the ratio of 190 springs per m². Soft layer - polyurethane foam. Thickness 24 centimeters. Does not require turning. Color is dark gray. It can be both medium hard and hard. It is carried out in five sizes, 90x200, 120x200, 140x200, 160x200 and 180x200 cm. Cost 6499 rubles.
- Hatlevik - pocket springs in the ratio of 229 springs per m². Soft layer - polyurethane foam. Thickness is 19 centimeters. Does not require turning. Cost 4999 rubles.
- Hansnes - pocket springs in the ratio of 125 springs per m². Soft layer - polyurethane foam. Thickness is 22 centimeters. Does not require turning. The cost of 8999 rubles.
- Chareid - pocket springs in the ratio of 187 springs per m². The filler is sisal and coconut fiber. Thickness is 23 centimeters. It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. The cost of 11999 rubles.
- Hillestad - pocket springs in the ratio of 190 springs per m². Soft layer - polyurethane foam with a layer of latex. Thickness 27 centimeters. It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. The cost of 14999 rubles.
- Hockosen - pocket springs in the ratio of 185 springs per m². The filler is polyester wool, a layer of latex with a memory effect. Does not require turning. Thickness is 31 centimeters. The cost of 18999 rubles.
- Hesseng - pocket springs in the ratio of 188 springs per m². The filler is polyactid wool and latex layer. 5 comfort zones providing maximum comfort for the shoulders and hips. Does not require turning. Thickness is 25 centimeters. The cost of 29999 rubles.
- Yomna - The cheapest mattress of this type. It costs only 2699 rubles. Dependent spring block in the ratio of 102 springs per m². Soft material - non-woven polypropylene, polyester wool, felt lining, polyurethane foam.It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. Thickness is 16 centimeters.
- Husvik - dependent spring block in the ratio of 125 springs per m². Soft material - polyurethane foam. It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. Approved for cots. Thickness 10 centimeters. Cost 4999 rubles.
- Hamarvik - dependent spring block in the ratio of 125 springs per m². Soft layer - polyurethane foam. It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. Thickness 21 centimeters. The cost of 4499 rubles.
- Hafslo - dependent spring block in the ratio of 125 springs per m². Soft material - polyester wool. It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. Thickness 18 centimeters. The cost of 3699 rubles.
- Yomna - a mattress made of polyurethane foam with the addition of polyester wool covered in a cover of non-woven polyester. It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. Thickness 10 centimeters. The cost is only 1499 rubles.
- Moshult. Soft material - polyester wool and polyurethane foam. It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. Thickness 10 centimeters. The cost of 3499 rubles;
- Mallfors. Soft material - polyester wool and polyurethane foam. It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. Thickness 12 centimeters. The cost of 4499 rubles.
- Malwick. Soft material - polyester wool and polyurethane foam. It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. Thickness is 14 centimeters. The cost of 6499 rubles.
- Morgedal. Soft material - synthetic latex and polyurethane foam. It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. Thickness 18 centimeters. The cost of 17999 rubles.
- Matrand. Soft material - polyurethane foam with a memory effect. It is necessary to turn over periodically to save the form. Thickness 18 centimeters. The cost of 19999 rubles.
- Talje. Thin, only 3.5 centimeters. Soft material - polyester wool. The cost of 2499 rubles.
- Tuddal. Thin - 5 centimeters. Soft material - polyester wool. The cost of 4699 rubles.
- Tussoy. Thin - 8 centimeters. Soft material - cotton wool made of hollow polyester fiber. The cost of 7999 rubles.
- Tustna. Thin - 7 centimeters. The soft material is polyester wool and wool. The cost of 9999 rubles.
- Tromsdalen. Thin - 7 centimeters.Soft material - cotton wool from polyactide fiber with the addition of latex. The cost of 19999 rubles.
And, of course, I don’t want to bypass the bedding for the lounge chairs:
- Neston - a thin, two-centimeter mattress for garden furniture, the cover of which is made of polyester with a filler made of polyurethane foam. It is worth 1999 rubles.
- Hollo - five-centimeter bedding with a polyester cover and filling with polyester wool with polyurethane foam. To save the form, you must periodically turn the product. The cost of 3499 rubles.
- Kungshe - five-centimeter bedding with a cover made of polyester and two layers of filler: the top one is polyester wool and the inside one is polyurethane foam.
Focusing on this list, choose a suitable mattress is not difficult.
Due to the fact that the range of mattresses is not very big, and there is a lot of competition with other manufacturers, Ikea has a lot of feedback on products and they are extremely diverse. Most of them are positive and this makes the company's main advertising. First of all, customers note that the Ikea mattresses in the price / quality ratio occupy a fairly good place, and therefore when compared with other products from different manufacturers, the choice remains for Ikea.
This is mainly due to the high quality of production, as well as the lack of odor of the materials used.
It is worth noting that the negative reviews are mainly associated with either the deformation of the springs or the subsidence of the soft layer in the first years of use, however, it seems that such buyers are not aware of the manufacturer’s twenty-five year warranty. Summing up, we can say with confidence that Ikea is responsible for their products.
How to choose the right mattress, see the next video.