Features of the kitchen-living room lighting
Modern apartments often combine two rooms at once: a kitchen and a living room. This solution is especially important for small rooms, as the combination of two rooms helps to save space. The formation of a favorable situation in the kitchen-living room contains many thoughtful details in the design.
In this case, an important role is played by lighting, which is able to divide the space into two key areas: working and resting place, as well as to make the room lighter and spacious.
When planning the design of the combined rooms, you must immediately decide whether the room will be created in the same style or in different directions.When choosing the first option, the light sources should be slightly similar to each other. In this case, it is better to give preference to spotlights, which will be built over the entire surface of the ceiling. In the second variant, it is necessary to create lighting individually for each combined room.
In addition, when planning the ideal lighting option, it is important to take into account such nuances as the amount of furniture, the color palette of the room, the presence of a working area and space for relaxation. In any case, the important rule is that the larger the room, the better its illumination should be.
To improve the functionality of the room, it is necessary to think about installing switches that can turn on the light in different parts of the room. A more comfortable environment will help create the effect of dimming the light thanks to the dimming function. This aspect is perfect in a place to rest, where the light should be pleasant and soft, so as not to strain the eyes of the guests. In the kitchen-living room you can have all types of sources of lighting, as in a regular kitchen.
It can be:
- LED strip;
- ceiling chandeliers;
Light sources in the kitchen area
When connecting the living room and the kitchen, professionals advise not to forget about the main nuance: the light should be bright at the place of cooking, and soft in the sofa area. A kitchen is a working space where light sources should be abundant. This area of the room can be illuminated with the help of lamps built into the ceiling, or thanks to a luminaire with a light shade that will gently and unobtrusively diffuse light throughout the working area of the room. Countertop and hob are important work items in the kitchen. Suspended chandeliers or lamps mounted in shelves and tall cabinets are perfect for lighting this space zone.
In the kitchen-living room at the dining table held family celebrations. In this part of the room should be placed auxiliary light sources. When choosing lighting fixtures, it is necessary to take into account the position of the table. In the event that it is located in the center of the room, above it you can put a chandelier in bright colors that can create high-quality lighting in this area and at the same time gently emphasize the sophistication of the designer's idea.
If the dining table is above the wall, then for the lighting should opt for a small sconce. The kitchen area, equipped with a bar counter, will also require additional sources of illumination; this can be done with the help of LED lamps located in a long row.
The right light in the living room
The kitchen-living room is a multifunctional room, so a variety of light sources is very important here. The sofa zone is a place for relaxation, and therefore the lighting in this part of the space should be calm and muffled. Of course, this part requires the usual ceiling light sources. A chandelier in the center of the room will be an excellent option. In addition to this choice, a series of built-in luminaires are perfect.
In addition to the upper light sources, it is useful to use lamps in every part of the room. In the resting place you can put a floor lamp or place a miniature lamp-sconce on the wall. The entertaining part of the room will be in perfect harmony with decorative light sources with the ability to adjust the light.It should be borne in mind that the overall design of the combined rooms should form a single space that will be combined with the right choice of sources of lighting.
What to look for?
To create a comfortable atmosphere when lighting a kitchen-studio, various types of lighting are used, while the main criterion is the overall style.
- In the dining part a great option would be the chandeliers that hang from the ceiling. It can be a classic crystal chandelier and a lamp with a fabric shade.
- Above the table for a meal, it is desirable to place both single lighting devices and multiple ones, connected in one row or forming some geometrical figure.
- If the table is placed in an intermediate area, it is necessary to hang the ceiling chandelier in the center of the room.
- Above the work area, where the main elements for cooking are concentrated, such as a sink and worktop, should be positioned spotlights. This light has a bright light, in which you can easily cook food, at the same time, it gives the effect of diffused light, so that the eyes do not get tired of this type of lighting.Most often, point lighting is mounted under the shelves of wall cabinets.
- An equally interesting option for lighting in the work area is a wall lamp with daylight.
- In the kitchen-living room with a low ceiling, spotlights are used in both the living room and the kitchen area. If the ceilings are too high, attach cascading lamps.
In addition to functionality, the lighting in the kitchen-living room can play a decorative role. To decorate the room, you should adhere to the following nuances.
- In hinged cabinets can be installed LED lights.
- Spot lighting over the entire surface of the ceiling will also help to transform the home and make it more beautiful and comfortable.
- Economical LED lamps in addition to the decorative role also perform a saving function. Thanks to these durable lighting fixtures, energy consumption will be noticeably less than with conventional light sources. The service life of LEDs is very high, so replacing light bulbs will be a rare phenomenon, which is also their undoubted advantage.
- When ordering custom-made furniture, you can agree on the installation of LED bulbs directly to the shelves and facades of cabinets,which will noticeably embellish the design of the room and make it more sophisticated and comfortable.
- The color scheme of the room also plays an important role in the design of lighting in the kitchen-living room. To make the room look harmonious, you need to stick to the general style. If the room is made in bright colors, then, accordingly, it is better to install chandeliers with shades of pastel and white shades. In addition, a room with a light interior and a large number of windows needs fewer light sources than rooms made in dark colors.
When designing the design of the combined rooms, it is necessary to adhere to the sense of proportion and not to overdo it with design ideas. The main criterion is the correct lighting zones. As a result, the room should be as comfortable and bright as possible.
In the next video, eight tips for choosing the design of lighting fixtures are waiting for you.