Features of the choice and use of the press for citrus
Juices squeezed from citrus fruits at home are not only very tasty, but also healthy drinks. They saturate the body with nutrients and vitamins, giving a charge of vigor and strength, which is enough for the whole day.
If you think that it is much easier to buy ready-made juice in a store, then this is not so. Often, such a drink is made from concentrate and does not have useful properties as its freshly squeezed counterpart.
To make the process of making juice at home quick and easy, you need to purchase a high-quality citrus press. In this article we will understand in more detail the features of the models that are on sale, learn how to choose and use them correctly.
Among the variety of models of juicers emit such types of similar products.
- Hand press for citrus is easy to use. In order to get fresh juice, you need to cut citrus into two halves. The cut-off part is attached to the nozzle. In the process of scrolling the handle, juice is squeezed out.
- Mechanical press for citrus is a very popular model, because this type of kitchen appliance allows you to get a large amount of juice in a short time interval. In addition, you can squeeze out almost all the liquid from citrus.
- Screw Juicers are electrical household appliances. In the course of their functioning, they carry out the rubbing of fruits or vegetables. In this case, the juice and pulp are placed in different compartments.
- Citrus spray - a similar product can be attached directly to a fruit, squeezing the juice out of it by analogy with a spray bottle.
- Squeezer - manual juicer for obtaining juice from citrus fruits in a small amount. Often used for professional use in bars,to get a serving of fresh juice for making one cocktail.
There are several options for squippers for squeezing juice from citrus fruits.
- Squeezer, shaped like a familiar nozzle for a food processor. Structurally, such a device looks like an inverted ribbed cone, which is installed on a sieve with a tray. This product easily fits in your hand, it has two small handles located on both sides of such a kitchen appliance. It can be both plastic and made from stainless steel.
- Squeezer, functioning by analogy with garlic press. Often made of plastic. In appearance it resembles 2 spoons differing in diameter, which are fastened to the side of the body opposite to the handles. In the process of pressing the upper part of the squibzer passes into the lower element. There are products on the market that differ in the diameter of the work items.
- Squeezer, in appearance resembling a flattened ball with a vertical partconsisting of metal spirals. Such an openwork kitchen appliance looks like a lemon, which is pulled in height.It can be easily screwed into the pulp of the fetus. Clicking on the lemon from above, you get fresh juice. A minus of a similar product - it is necessary to apply considerable force to receive juice, and also in the course of an extraction the liquid is sprayed and can get on hands and clothes.
- Plastic product, made in the form of a flat lobule, which was installed in a vertical plane. There is a pressing of citrus in the upper part. Looks like a transparent model squash very impressive.
- Squeezer made of stainless steel. Represents 2 figured plates possessing perforation. They are fixed on one side and freely diverge from the opposite. Pressing such a device is necessary for the handles. In functioning and appearance, such a squash is similar to garlic press. Such kitchen products are most often used by bartenders, because they are reliable and easy to use. This product is also called citrus tongs.
How to choose?
Stopping your choice on a particular model of citrus presses, should pay attention to a number of parameters.
- The material from which the housing is made of this household appliance.It can be both plastic and metal. The press, featuring a metal casing, will last you much longer, but it is more difficult to maintain, since it is not so easy to wash off the remnants of fruit. Stainless steel or aluminum is most commonly used as a metal. Plastic products are characterized by greater brittleness, but they are much easier to clean up from dirt. Be prepared for the fact that a metal product will weigh much more than a plastic counterpart.
- Completion - the best option is the presence of several nozzles, allowing you to squeeze the juice from both fruits and vegetables.
- Rotating element. Pay attention to the material from which it is made. It is better to give preference to stainless steel, since such a device will break less often and is characterized by a longer service life.
- Dimensions. If your kitchen has a rather modest size, then it is better to choose a more compact model, since in this case you can easily place it. Pay attention that massive products are not only harder to hide from prying eyes, they still have a decent weight, so it will be more difficult to move them from place to place.
- Trademark.Be prepared for the fact that products from a well-known brand will cost much more, but such manufacturers also guarantee the high quality of their household appliances.
How to use?
Depending on the type of citrus press chosen, the process of using it will differ. If you use manual juicers for juice, then you need to cut the citrus into 2 halves. One of them must be attached to the conical part of the manual juicer with the cut-off part down. Next, you need to force it to push, while scrolling. The number of received fresh will depend on the effort.
Using a lever press, half citrus should be placed on the cone-shaped nozzle. By pressing the lever, you effect the peeled fruit, which was fixed on the bottom of the nozzle. At the same time it is possible to observe how juice is squeezed out. For the filter, a trellis plate is installed; its main purpose is to separate the pulp. Ready fresh flows into a special tank, which is located at the bottom. To get 1 glass of fresh juice, you need to do only 1-2 movements.
In appearance, screw juicers are very similar to a manual meat grinder. The main element is a spiral auger consisting of sharp blades. Rotating the side knob, you will move the screw part of the mechanism, which will push the pulp to the hole for the cake. Fresh flows through the lattice base and into a special container. This technology allows you to crush even the bones in a pomegranate. Therefore, you can get an unusual pomegranate juice with an original aftertaste.
Let's take a closer look at the most popular models of citrus fruits from various brands.
Such a kitchen appliance is made of stainless steel and weighs 8 kilograms. Differs in fine stability on a table-top surface. Since the design of the upper press has a number of features, it is quite simple to squeeze the juice of citrus. In the skin of the remaining lemons, oranges or tangerines after using this juicer there is no moisture. Due to the modified angle of inclination of the upper press, you can get 30% more ready-made fresh.This is a Turkish product, the color of the case is made under antique silver, so this household appliance can not be hidden from prying eyes, but skillfully inscribed in the kitchen design.
Made such a kitchen press in Mexico. It is made from food grade aluminum. You can squeeze the juice from citrus, whose diameter is about 8.5 centimeters. The process of obtaining fresh occurs in conventional lever presses.
Such a model is made in the USA and is distinguished by a decent weight of 7.8 kilograms, since such a product is made of stainless steel and cast iron. A distinctive feature of such a press is an expanded base and the presence of a sieve. Thanks to the lever gear, it is much easier to squeeze out the juice from citrus fruits and pomegranate.
Such a juicer is produced by well-known American firm Fokus. By the principle of operation, this model is similar to the above product. Differs in a lower weight of 7 kilograms. The manufacturer gives a 6 month warranty on the mechanical part of a similar product.
Such a press is made in Italy. This household appliance is characterized by a cast-iron case, and the cone is made of stainless steel.Because of this, this juicer is characterized by a long service life and breaks less often. Often this manual press is used to get orange, lemon or grapefruit fresh juice.
Juicer for professional use in bars, cafes and restaurants. It is used to get fresh from oranges, tangerines, grapefruits and pomegranates. The body of this product is made of cast aluminum. The package for such a device includes a container for fresh, a cone-press and a nozzle, made of stainless steel. Components that can be removed can be washed using a dishwasher. The main advantages of this product include the automatic function of the inclusion of the clamping lever.
This professional device is used to spin fresh citrus fruits in various cafes, bars and restaurants. Such a press is made of stainless steel, therefore it is durable and has a long service life, and is also resistant to corrosion. It is very easy and simple to use. Due to its small size, it does not take up much space.
The following companies can be attributed to the manufacturers of squibs who have recommended the quality of their products.
- MG Steel is made in India. This manufacturer produces squibs in the form of tongs and a device that has a container for collecting juice.
- Fackelmann - squibs of this brand are made in Germany. You can purchase models of such professional devices, which are made of plastic or stainless steel.
- Vin bouquet - manufacturer from Spain. He produces plastic and metal squash. You can also find a similar kitchen appliance, made in an extraordinary form, for example, in the form of a pestle, which has a nozzle made of stainless steel. This model is equipped with an additional convenient plastic handle, using which you can more easily squeeze out the juice from citrus fruits, while applying a minimum of effort.
Now you know how to choose the right press for citrus fruits and you can easily choose the model that suits you, pleasing yourself and your loved ones with freshly squeezed juice.
How to choose a press for citrus, see the following video.