Swing hammocks: what is it and how to do it yourself?
To decorate the backyard plot, you can use not only a variety of flower stands or plaster figurines, but also such popular designs as a swing. There are many options for products. Popular today are not only classical constructions, but also special swing hammocks. Let's take a closer look at these models.
If earlier all designs of a swing were of the same type, then today there are many variants of such structures. They may have different dimensions, structure and materials of manufacture.Many consumers nowadays opt for hammock products.
The popularity of such instances is due to the many advantages by which they are characterized.
- In most cases, these swings are lightweight, so they are quickly and easily installed.
- Hammocks are represented by various modifications. To pick the perfect option for everyone.
- Such designs are quite possible to make their own hands. It will take very few materials and free time. Even a novice can cope with such work.
- According to homeowners, hammocks are very easy to use. They can have a good rest and escape from the everyday hustle and bustle.
- Such facilities are inexpensive. And this applies to both ready-made versions, and products designed by own hands.
- Some types of hammocks have excellent strength characteristics. For example, stylish rattan options can withstand an impressive load of 130 kg without any problems.
- Quality options are not subject to deformation.
- Very popular beautiful swing, made of Brazil nuts.Such specimens can boast not only strength and durability, but also resistance to temperature extremes.
- Swing, made in the form of a hammock, have an attractive appearance.
Due to its design, these designs are able to decorate the landscape design or interior of the home.
Despite the fact that these types of swings have a lot of positive qualities, they have certain disadvantages.
- Mesh and woven options are not very reliable, as, for example, models of wood. These structures can be accidentally torn. In addition, over time they stretch and lose their former elasticity.
- The same woven and mesh copies are not designed for heavy loads. Under their influence, similar products may become unusable.
- Products made from Mexican walnut, rattan and other wood species are expensive. Of course, their performance characteristics more than justify the price, however, not every buyer can afford them.
- Products made of expensive rattan can dry out if they are in conditions of sharp temperature changes, therefore they can hardly be called practical.
- If the hammock is made of wicker, then it must be borne in mind that over time it can begin to make squeaky sounds, especially if it is made of poor quality material.
- A vine that has not been pretreated is subject to rapid cracking and breakage. Such a swing will not last long.
- Not all types of hammocks are durable. Some models are too vulnerable to last long enough.
As mentioned earlier, there are many options for hammocks. Such products differ from each other not only in their structure, but also in the production materials. Let us consider in detail what types of such structures are produced by modern manufacturers.
Such types of hammocks are the most popular. They are acquired by many owners of private houses and country houses. These models are seamlessly hung between the trees on the site. In the role of mounting supports can be used and special columns. It is very important to choose the most reliable and durable supporting parts that can easily withstand the weight of an adult.A measured wiggle on such a hammock will have a positive effect on the user's nervous system. In these conditions, a person is guaranteed a good rest.
Hanging hammocks today are found in many retail outlets. They are inexpensive, and presented a huge assortment.
Such products are easily hung with the use of tensioning parts.
No less popular are hammocks with frames. Such models are a kind of mobile furniture that can be put anywhere on the site. Often frame models are transported in cars, installed at home or used as full-fledged furniture designs. Frame hammocks can be chosen in any color scheme.
Frame models are mounted very easily and quickly. That is why they are very often purchased for the arrangement of the suburban area. Such products are permissible to take with you on a fishing trip or on a trip with a good company. If you are unable to find a suitable option in the store, you can order it in accordance with your own wishes. Of course, such a hammock, most likely, will cost more, but as a result you will get the optimal model that will suit you in all respects.
Homestead territories today are extremely often supplemented with hammocks in the form of chairs. These types of designs belong to the mounted category, however, they have one important difference from the standard versions - they have an unusual form of a sunbed. Today in the shops you can find a huge variety of hanging chairs with seats of various modifications.
In such constructions there are also very comfortable plump pillows and beautiful awnings. Universal product is the most convenient and comfortable for a relaxing and enjoyable stay. In such conditions, you can read a variety of literature or knit, while on a cozy veranda. If you plan to work while sitting in such a hammock chair, then it will be possible to easily fit in with a laptop. Based on the specific design chosen, in this chair you can either sit or lie - the choice is only for the consumer.
Hammock swings can be chosen for children. Such varieties are not much different from standard adult designs, however, most manufacturers take them to a separate group.Typically, these products have a modest size, colorful design, as well as the maximum convenient and completely safe design. As a rule, hammocks for children are made from natural and environmentally friendly materials that can not harm the health of young users.
Very often, children's hammocks are equipped with such safe details as side rails.
As for the bottom of such structures, then it should be noted that it is ergonomic to the maximum, so the child will always be comfortable to sit in such models. In addition, such a structure will not harm the health of the child. Basically, these hammocks are designed for a load of approximately 40 kg. In most products, there is additional anti-rollover protection. These hammocks are installed both at the dacha plots and inside various dwellings.
Selection and preparation of materials
The quality of the materials used in the manufacture of hammocks, their comfort and performance depend on.
According to this parameter, the following types of such structures are distinguished:
Net hammocks are cheap, but today their popularity is gradually dying away, because they are not the strongest and most durable.The mesh begins to sag with time, and also dig deep into the skin, even if it is not very long to lie on it.
More reliable are wicker options. They are made from the following materials.
- Rattan. These are aesthetic and durable specimens that are not afraid of the sun and heavy loads. However, these products can dry out with a sudden change in temperature. You can refer to the options of artificial rattan. They do not have these disadvantages, but are cheap.
- Brazilian nut. This is an expensive exotic. This material is very strong, not afraid of temperature changes and poor climatic conditions. However, these models of swing are quite expensive.
- Vine. From this material make hammocks, which are planned to be placed in the apartment or under a secure shed. Vines make light and beautiful designs.
If we are talking about woven hammocks, then in the manufacture of materials can be used such as:
- parachute silk;
For self-manufacturing hammock type swing, you can use a variety of materials.However, they must always be properly prepared for all the required work. Let's get acquainted with this procedure on the example of a simple woven model.
Take a piece of matter with a size of 150x300 mm. Bend its edges along the length, and then stitch on a typewriter. If you do not want the suspended structure to be soft, then there should be two such trim. They put them on each other, and then stitch along the length, leaving a hole about a meter.
Through the hole left you can put inside a soft carpet or a special water-repellent oilcloth.
How to do it yourself?
Swing can be completely made independently. For example, to do this, you can weave a suitable mesh model or construct a version of wood (if you have the appropriate skills). However, the simplest is the creation of a hammock from a woven fabric.
As we considered earlier, the material for such works needs to be carefully prepared. It must be remembered that the edges of the web need to be turned about 5 cm, and also be stitched. Only then can we say that the material is completely ready for the subsequent procedures.
In the holes formed during the preparation process, it is necessary to stretch the most durable and reliable clothesline. It is wrapped several times and then made into strong knots. After that it will be possible to attach a hammock to a tree. For this purpose, you will need to tie a string with a rope.
Of course, there are other mounting options. For example, in the tunnels left can be installed rails with pre-drilled holes at the ends. Ropes are passed through holes and then tied. If there are special plugs at the end of the rails, then initially nothing will be necessary to drill through, because the rope will not slide off.
Many users complement similar designs with grommets on the side details. For this, holes are made at a distance of about 10 cm. Their diameter should be consistent with the diameter of the grommets. Next, a hammer with a bearing set the rings themselves. Through them pass the lines. Each sling is permissible to pass through a hole in the plank of wood. After this, the laces are tied with a rope or with special rings.
It is possible to decorate a garden site with suspended swing of a round form with a frame like a hoop.Such structures can be made of woven material or thick fabric. Seats in these designs can be decorated with decorative color cushions that will make the swing more vivid and original. Mesh options can be supplemented with a fringe at the bottom.
The woven hammock of the round form can be made of threads of different colors, effectively combined with each other. Such a fabrication will harmoniously look complete with snow-white retaining laces.
With this model, you can decorate the cottage, garden or porch, making the situation more vivid and vibrant.
Striped hammock, combining red and blue tones, will be a spectacular addition to the summer cottage or garden. These colors will amazingly overlap with fluffy green grass and tall trees.
How to make a hammock chair with your own hands, see the next video.