Directions of landscape design: features and characteristics
Each owner of the land wants to arrange it so that he looked not only beautiful, but also was unique. For this there are different areas of landscape design, which have their own characteristics and characteristics.
Competently thought-out planning of the territory, as well as the chosen color range, plants, decor, furniture and equipment, allow creating a unique landscape composition even on the most primitive object.
Currently, landscape design is given special attention. After all, a beautifully designed garden or garden plots creates a favorable atmosphere and comfortable feeling. Only properly planned landscape looks really stylish and presentable.
For the design of the territory are used such elements of landscape design as:
- planting materials in the form of trees, shrubs and lawns;
- architectural elements, which include paths, gazebos, sculptures, bridges and awnings;
- the components of the rock garden in the form of flower beds, flower beds and support structures;
- elements of reservoirs from cascades, streams and ponds.
Any direction of landscape design represents a whole philosophy, which is based on a certain kind of art and creativity. Using one or another style, you can create a comfortable environment not only for yourself, but also for those around you.
The main thing is that the whole area should look like a single composition, only then it will radiate aesthetic beauty and will look complete.
All styles of landscape design have their own characteristics and characteristics that you should definitely pay due attention. It must be remembered that each direction in the landscape is intended for a particular area, so before making the final choice, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the description of the variant of interest.
Conventionally, all landscape areas are divided into two main groups:
- Regular.Characterized by strict geometric shapes and patterns.
- Landscape. They are as close as possible to nature and its natural beauty.
Each of these groups includes certain styles that differ among themselves in individual characteristics.
This regular style is based on strict symmetry and clear geometric shapes. This direction is intended for large areas where it is possible to translate into reality all creative ideas.
The constituent elements of such a landscape are straight alleys., neat flower beds, round-shaped arbors, wrought-iron benches, pergolas, as well as decorative ornaments in the form of arches, columns, antique sculptures and stone balls. In the very center of the site necessarily located beautiful fountains and ponds.
Thuja, maples, lindens, jasmine and lilac are planted here, and the flowers are presented in the form of roses, begonias, salvias and phloxes.
Exquisite style of landscape design, which is characterized by features such as elegance and high cost. Particular attention is paid to architecture and accessories, but the vegetation goes by the wayside.The central element in the design is always the house, which smoothly and very harmoniously complements the other objects.
Preference is given to materials of natural origin, which gives the situation nobility.
Plants with an acute form of leaves, such as hops or girlish grapes, are beautifully planted in groups to create an atmosphere of comfort and peace.
The color scheme consists of black, white, chocolate, beige, silver, blue and violet shades. As a contrast, allowed the use of red and yellow colors. A wonderful decoration is the presence of a fountain or streamlet, which give the area a special freshness.
Beautiful gazebos, benches and fences are surely complemented with wrought iron elements on a plant theme. In addition, as a decor, figures of birds and animals in bronze colors are used.
It is characterized by a wide variety of plants, as well as applied architectural forms. The basis of this style is simultaneously several directions:
- Chinese When making each item is arranged according to the rules of Feng Shui.Particular attention is focused on the plants, which are presented in the form of fruit and evergreen trees, shrubs, herbs and flowers. Bronze sculptures, wooden figurines, as well as architectural forms serve as the decor. Cozy gazebos and small houses create a favorable atmosphere for hanging out.
- Japanese It is characterized by such features as minimalism and brevity. Each component detail here has a certain meaning, and is also a symbol of Japan. Alpine slide and sakura are considered to be a mandatory element.
- Asian Designed for large areas where it is possible to create real comfort and harmony. The design uses delicate tones and clear contours, so that each composition looks very stylish and aesthetically beautiful. Stones of different shapes are an integral part of this direction, so they complement almost every component of the landscape.
Oriental style is characterized by a clear planning of zones, as well as the correct geometric arrangement of trees, bushes and flowers, which together give a feeling of serene calm.
The style of landscape design, which is distinguished by elegance and elegance. He is characterized by simple geometric shapes and linear structures. In the process of arranging the site, materials such as natural wood, metal and concrete are used. The decor is modern sculptures, improvised fireplaces and garden furniture. Of the plants here, cacti are appropriate, not flowering plants, dracaena, yucca, succulents and grass.
The most sought-after areas of modern style include:
- Minimalism. It is created with the help of laconic forms and the minimum number of constituent elements. Great for both large and very small areas. The main rule here is the division of the territory into separate zones. The color scheme consists of white, silver, cream and light terracotta shades. For landscaping, trees such as birch, thuja, pine, maple, willow, as well as various fruit plantations are used.
- High tech. A style that does not require the observance of clear lines and a certain decor, making it suitable for the realization of the most unusual ideas.Materials such as glass, stone, metal, plastic and polycarbonate are used to design the site. Good lighting is important, which most often looks like LEDs neatly located in modern lighting devices.
- Loft. It is considered the most budget option design landscape. Brick and masonry are appropriate here, and ordinary pallets, boxes, pots and decorative lamps are often used as decorations. The color scale is rather restrained and is presented in light, cold shades.
Design in this style looks quite simple, but at the same time functional and beautiful.
- Avant-garde Amazing and extraordinary style, which is characterized by the most courageous experiments and unusual lines. In this design, not only the cottage plot will look original, but any park or alley. It harmoniously combines bright flowering plants and a relaxed atmosphere, which favorably affect others. This free style is distinguished by the author's idea, which, with the help of fantasy and creativity, is successfully embodied on the object.
- Bionics. Quite a new design direction, where preference is given to environmental materials of natural origin. Interesting fixtures with imitation of waterfalls, flowers, trees or sea creatures are used as decorations. This feature gives the atmosphere of a certain romance and comfort.
Mirror or glossy surfaces in the form of paths or other landscape elements give the site a special beauty.
Each of these areas is a real fashion trend, which is able to make an elegant design composition from even the most primitive section.
This direction of landscape design is characterized by the creation of a comfortable, relaxing and aesthetically attractive site, in accordance with all relevant rules. It is important to correctly place accents with the help of plants, furniture and decorative elements.
The most popular styles of ethnic direction are:
- Alpine. Its main features are durability and ease of creation. Here is actively used stone, from which various kinds of slides, paths and boulders are created.All compositions are made in a light color with the use of appropriate alpine plants. It is perfect for both large and very small areas.
- Landscape. With this style, beautiful imitations of meadows, fields, forests or other natural landscapes are created. Decorative elements from natural materials in the form of wooden arbors, stumps and logs complement the landscape composition harmoniously. A small lake or a pond will become a good decoration; its banks will be lined with sand and pebbles, and water lilies and water lilies will float in the water. Forest and wildflowers add special beauty to the area.
- Rustic. It does not require strict planning, and any available materials will be suitable for its creation. Such a rural landscape design provides for a minimum of costs, but at the same time is very picturesque, cozy and comfortable. Original furniture looks handmade, as well as decorative ornaments in the form of wicker baskets, wooden carts and vintage bicycles. The flower beds on the site are arranged in random order and serve as a kind of bright accents.
- Country Democratic style, which is characterized by simplicity, solidity and closeness to nature. The paths are made of brick, wood or slabs along which grass, lilac, jasmine and wild flowers grow. A beautiful gazebo from a log house, a pond or a trickle, through which a garden bridge is thrown, create a favorable atmosphere for full rest and pacification.
Wicker weaving, swings, wells, as well as wooden benches, buckets and watering cans are a wonderful decoration.
- Provence. Exquisite and gentle style of landscape design, with which you can easily create a beautiful area for recreation. In addition to flower beds, it is appropriate to plant flowers in boxes and baskets, combining between them their different options. Provence style is characterized by delicate colors in beige, white, pink, blue and violet tones.
- English. The ideal solution for large areas where it is possible to translate into reality a designer's imagination. Here strict forms and straight lines are completely absent, therefore each constituent element of the landscape is characterized by unevenness, tortuosity and natural form.Natural materials such as wood, stone, sandstone or gravel are preferred.
Arbors, swings, barbecues and bridges with elements of forging are considered to be obligatory objects.
- Mediterranean. The style has a pronounced Greek accent, the colors of which are presented in white, blue, yellow and terracotta. The plots are decorated with a huge number of flowers arranged in ceramic pots. The integral attributes of this landscape direction are open gazebos and fountains, around which paths of stone or ceramic tiles are neatly laid out.
Comfortable rattan furniture or wrought-iron benches, complemented by soft pillows add to the atmosphere of special comfort.
- Scandinavian. It feels functionality, simplicity, restraint and orderliness. The color scheme is designed in natural shades, such as green, blue, brown, red, yellow and gray. The main materials used are wood and stone. Furniture made of wicker or rattan, complemented by such decorative elements as sculptures, as well as antique items in the form of carts, spindles, wheels, barrels and ceramic shards, are perfect for this style.
- Italian. In this style, one can observe a clear division of the site into separate zones using straight or diagonal lines. In the center there must be a small pond, a fountain or a beautiful statue. This design direction is peculiar to the set of stones that adorn almost every element of the landscape. From plants you can plant a miniature rose, Japanese quince, Italian pines, cypresses, jasmine, almonds and Amur grapes.
- French. It implies the design of the territory in the form of unique compositions with clear lines and smooth geometric shapes. Neat tracks, as well as alleys of hazel and juniper perfectly highlight the beauty of this style. The central element is a pond, fountain, pool or statue. Beautiful lawns, decorated on the edges of pebbles, look especially aristocratic.
- Mauritanian. It features an abundance of lush flower gardens and tropical plants. The ponds present on the site have a rectangular or square shape, the bottom of which is lined with colored tiles or stones in the form of a bright ornament. Pergolas are also characterized by a square or rectangular shape and can be decorated with decor in the form of flowering vines.
- Indian. For areas decorated in this style, strict geometricity is characteristic, therefore the landscape area here has the appearance of a single whole. The presence of various water elements in the form of canals, pools, fountains and lakes creates a feeling of complete harmony with nature. Pergolas are decorated with fresh flowers and carved trellises. All tracks are laid out of colored gravel, along which are statues and lanterns.
This direction of landscape design allows maximum use of trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Chalet. Amazing style, where in the main part of the site are different mountain landscapes in the form of alpine slides, beautiful slopes and rockeries. Characteristic features of this direction are zoning, the presence of alpine slides, water bodies, beautiful paths and lawns, as well as bright flower beds. The color scheme is presented in bright and calm colors, but sometimes blotches in the form of red and orange hues are allowed.
From the vegetation here it is appropriate to use coniferous, evergreen trees such as pine, spruce, thuja and cypress.
- Russian. A good example of landscape design in this style is a plot with birch trees, apple trees, cherries, raspberry, currant, rosehip, lilac,as well as a lake and flower plantings in the form of wild flowers. A cozy atmosphere is created by the presence of feeders and nestlers, which are harmoniously combined with wooden benches, complemented by hand-carved.
- Deutsch. Elegant and well-kept area with a lot of decorative figures, lush flower beds, small ponds and neat lawns. The main materials for creating this type of landscape are wood, ceramics, stone and tile. The color spectrum is very rich and its base is made up of blue, yellow, terracotta, chocolate, cherry, green and sand shades.
From trees and shrubs, it is appropriate to plant conifers, poplar, birch, mountain ash, lilac, dog rose, rhododendron, chubushnik and almonds. A beautiful decoration for the beds will be roses, lilies, irises, dahlias, bells, marigolds and geraniums.
Each of these styles of landscape design has a gorgeous appearance, attracting the attention of others with its unsurpassed beauty.
The style of landscape design, which is based more on practicality than on aesthetic beauty. All zones here are characterized by straight and symmetrical lines.Separate landscape compositions are presented in the form of squares, between which are flat paths.
Furniture made of wicker, bamboo, rattan or boards is harmoniously combined with wrought-iron elements, as well as sculptures made of wood, stone or ceramics. In addition to fruit trees, plants such as sage, marjoram, echinacea, daffodils, lilies, carnations, peonies, roses and lilac are actively used in this direction.
This eco-style provides maximum naturalness in each constituent element of landscape design. For the arrangement of the territory only materials of natural origin are used. All paths here are paved with pebbles, and they are perfectly combined with the fountain, statues and benches present on the site. A special atmosphere is created by handicrafts in the form of feeders or products made from vines and stumps. The color palette consists of natural and dull shades.
It is a good mix of several styles of landscape design on one site. So, for example, entry into the territory can be arranged in the classical direction, and then make a certain note of antiquity with the help of aged objects and statues from past centuries.
Refinement and uniqueness of this type of design of the landscape will give beautiful floral arrangements and neat lawns. Proper design approach will allow you to create a truly unique style of site design, filling it with aesthetic beauty and comfort.
This design direction involves the creation of a landscape area on a specific theme, where each constituent element will maximally display the subculture and features of a particular style. Regardless of whether it is Japanese, English, Italian, Chinese or another type of design, it will necessarily have its own individual techniques used in the process of arranging the object.
Beautiful ideas for the courtyard
Each direction of landscape design involves a special set of design solutions and activities aimed at the improvement of the site. That is why the main task of designers is to create the most comfortable, beautiful and harmonious territory to stay.
To achieve the desired result, you can observe the basic principles of design: the principle of a common idea, the proportions and repetition of elements.
Features of the organization of the garden in the Japanese style, see below.