Decorative concrete fence: beautiful design options
The choice of fencing and its installation are important components of the design of the land. The modern market provides customers with a wide range of designs, including a sectional type for reliable, practical and stylish zoning of the local area. Among a variety of similar options, concrete fences are particularly common.
Features, Pros and Cons
Decorative concrete fences are used to decorate the territory near various objects: from residential houses and cottages to government and commercial buildings. Concrete fencing is a reliable, durable and practical design. These are the same products familiar to everyone, however, their main difference lies in a more aesthetic appearance and production technology.Craftsmen from the sphere of manufacturing of reinforced concrete products use certain forms, due to which strict panels turn into decorative products.
In addition to appearance, special attention is paid to the strength of each part of the structure and its resistance to external factors in the process of use. Concrete canvas collected from horizontal parts.
Due to the division into separate sections, the process of transportation of the product, as well as the installation of the fence, is greatly facilitated. This is especially important if you decide to carry out installation independently, without the involvement of specialists.
Buyers have the ability to create from the sections as deaf fences, and models with holes and gaps. To date, concrete fences are the best option for the design of the territory around private houses.
- Lifetime and reliability. Concrete goods (reinforced concrete products) are famous for their high practicality and durability. This material is used for more than a dozen years. Due to the reinforcement of the fence mesh of metal increases the strength of the product. Also, this element significantly extends the service life of the fence and the safety of the form.
- Assembly and installation. For the installation of concrete fences do not need expensive equipment and professional skills. Qualitatively to carry out the assembly and subsequent installation can be yourself. The main thing is to be as careful and careful as possible. It is strongly not recommended to work alone.
- Resistance to fire. Products made of the above material have an important advantage compared with wooden or plastic fences. It is fire resistant. Fire safety is an important advantage of household structures.
- Protection. Deaf canvases without problems will cover the yard and the house from unwanted eyes. The fence will provide reliable protection against penetration. With such a fence you can not worry about the safety of private property. At the expense of it the level of comfort in the territory of the house and the yard increases.
- Sustainability. Concrete demonstrates high resistance to various external factors: rain, snow, strong wind, frost, heat, dampness, dry hot air. All these and other vagaries of weather are not terrible for quality manufactured and properly installed fences.
- Care.After installing a fence of this type, you do not have to spend time, effort and material resources on the maintenance of the structure. Caring for such products is easy. The strong, strong and steady surface does not need periodic updating.
- Diversity. Decorative concrete fences may have a different appearance. Experts say that, despite the strength and heavy weight, the designs look stylish and elegant due to expressive decorative elements. Such a fence will instantly embellish the exterior and make the yard more attractive.
- Finish If desired, the fence can be decorated with paint, putty or plaster. These finishing materials fit perfectly into the concrete product and transform the appearance of the fence. Enamel paint and other materials provide additional protection for the structure.
- Size change. One of the main features of concrete fences - changing the height of the structure while maintaining the external attractiveness of the product. This advantage has fences that are assembled from individual parts fastened with pillars. Sections can be added and removed if necessary.This procedure does not require additional equipment and takes little time.
- Concrete blank walls do not let the sun's rays and fresh air. This factor has a negative effect on the growth of plants (flowers, bushes, trees). Light and oxygen come only through the decorative part, if it has holes.
- The second disadvantage is the cost of reinforced concrete panels. Their price may be several times higher than the value of wood products, corrugated board, metal and other materials.
- To install this type of construction, it is necessary to prepare the foundation. Experts identify two types of it: a point foundation and tape reinforced concrete. The choice depends on the type of construction, height and weight of the product. In addition, the choice affects the type of soil and landscape. If you do not know which option to choose, it is better to consult with a specialist first.
- If you are dealing with large and solid canvases, you cannot do without special lifting equipment, and these are additional expenses. Monolithic sections to install manually is almost impossible. In addition, this installation method can cause serious injury.
Decorative fences made of concrete can be presented in several versions:
- If it is necessary to equip a small fence exclusively for the effect of zoning, you can install only one decorative section. Such a fence does not protect against intruders, however, will decorate the territory.
- The product of the two sections set, if you want to protect the site from animals.
- The best option is 3 elements. Combine two solid and one decorative section. The upper part is decorated with various patterns and three-dimensional elements.
- The construction of four sections - durable, tall and heavy fence. To install it, you must first prepare the foundation, taking into account the dimensions of the fence.
Decorative blocks differ from each other in appearance and technical characteristics. In addition to concrete, which is the main component in the composition of the material, use glass, gravel, crushed stone, brick chips, etc.
By filling the decorative blocks are distinguished:
- Full bodied They have a solid structure. They are often used in the construction of multi-storey residential structures.
- HollowThis type of block is smooth and light weight. They may have a variety of colors. Standard dimensions of blocks 200x200x400 mm, however, in the process of construction it is possible to use elements of various sizes.
Concrete fences are often used to design plots of country houses. The upper part of the decorative block can imitate natural material, such as stone. The additions of metal gratings and masonry look stylish and elegant.
Also actively used tile, forged items, pommel, caps and other additional elements. They not only decorate the fence, but also protect it from snow, rain and other vagaries of the weather.
There are a great many models of decorative fences made of concrete. Thanks to a huge choice, customers have the opportunity to purchase the perfect option for themselves:
- The typesetting fence consists of several plates assembled into an entire structure. The top of the fence complement the expressive decorative element that completes the composition. If desired, a small gap can be left between the plates, which will ensure air circulation.If you need to achieve the maximum effect of security, make a choice in favor of deaf canvases.
- For connoisseurs of natural materials, the masters have developed a number of models that replicate the appearance of natural raw materials. Also common options "under the brick."
- Monolithic construction. The design of this type is the most reliable and durable. Monolithic fence consists of reinforced concrete slabs of solid type. They can be smooth or decorated with exquisite patterns and patterns. The first type is more often chosen for installation near industrial establishments (warehouses, factories, construction sites, etc.). The second option is great for accommodation around cottages, houses, mini-hotels. For a more expressive effect, plates with a pattern are painted in various colors and shades.
For mounting the fence, it is necessary to prepare a tape or column base. The right basis is a guarantee of a long service life.
- Fence of blocks. Durable and durable fence can be assembled from several blocks. The installation process of block fence takes a considerable amount of time. To connect the blocks used cement mortar.Hollow blocks are most often used for work. If the customer wants to achieve maximum reliability, the choice is made in favor of monolithic (solid) blocks. Supporting posts for the arrangement are not needed, but one cannot do without a quality foundation.
To enhance the aesthetic effect, plaster or tile decoration is used. Externally, the finished design is similar to the brickwork.
- Double-sided fence. This is a sturdy and reliable construction, which differs from the above types of particular attractiveness. Masters pay special attention to the appearance of the outer and inner sides of the fence. This option will appeal to connoisseurs of aesthetics.
- Self standing type. The fence of this type is made up of individual monolithic reinforced concrete slabs. Each element has a wide base that is securely mounted on the ground. For a more stable grip, the bottom plates supplement with spikes, which are installed in specially prepared niches. The main advantage of an independent fence - lack of need for the base.
This option is recommended for temporary arrangement of the fence, for example, for the design of construction sites.When the work ends, the fence is transferred to a new place.
How to paint?
Enamel paint, applied to the concrete surface, perform many useful functions, including protection of the product and improving its appearance. It is very important to carry out the painting procedure correctly.
Preparing for staining:
- First you need to rid the fence of branches, grass and other debris.
- Using a brush and water, thoroughly clean the surface. For the best effect, special devices are used that supply water under strong pressure.
- We process the fence with compounds that protect it from fungus, mold and bacteria. Additional funds are applied to both sides of the fence.
- If necessary, the construction should be primed.
- After cleaning, you need to wait several days to completely dry the fence.
When choosing a paint color, consider so that it is in harmony with the palette used when painting the house. The best option is neutral and natural tones, pastel gamma.
The paint in natural shades should be chosen if, while decorating the fence, plates with imitation wood or stone imitation were used.
Paint should be applied with rollers or wide pussy. Before you begin, read the instructions for the material. On drying will take about a day. Only then can the next layer be applied. Repainting should be done with a spray gun. This is an easy-to-use and practical way to increase the life of the material.
Tips from experts:
- If the fence has previously been painted, you must completely get rid of the old finish. Sandblasting is perfect for this.
- It is not necessary to treat the choice of color paints frivolously. Saturation, brightness and density of hue plays an important role from a decorative point of view. The harmonious combination of colors creates a comfortable atmosphere in the local area.
- Periodic processing of concrete structures is the key to a long service life.
Basics of proper installation
Installing a concrete fence is a clear sequence of specific actions:
- To begin with, all parts of the structure, including the posts, should be moved as close as possible to the work site. This will make the installation process easier and faster.
- Pre-designate the place to install supports. They are celebrated with wooden pegs.
- If the model of the enclosure implies foundation construction, time is given first to this item, and then installation of the pillars is carried out. Otherwise, the supports are mounted without a columnar foundation.
- Metal reinforcement is installed in the hollow parts of the supports and secured with cement.
- At the very beginning they mount the first and the last pillar. Next, place the intermediate sections.
Remember that the preparation and the process of installing concrete fencing can vary significantly, depending on the type of product and its dimensions.
Today, many companies work in the field of manufacturing decorative concrete fences, which have earned the trust of their customers. By purchasing products of this type, the buyer receives a reliable, practical, durable and stylish fencing. The choice is great and diverse, which allows you to choose the perfect design for external and technical grounds.
To learn how to install a concrete fence correctly, see the following video.