Dacha furniture with your own hands: what can be done from scrap materials?
Almost all gardeners want to make their garden cozy and comfortable for relaxing, so that each family member is comfortable. And many think about the upcoming costs of buying furniture.
After reading the article, you will learn how to make beautiful tables, sofas, ottomans, benches and other furnishings from scrap materials with minimal investment.
Features and benefits
More and more owners of country houses, suburban areas prefer to make garden furniture on their own.
There are several reasons for this:
- it is easy to manufacture;
- costs are minimal;
- materials are readily available;
- creates an individuality, carries a piece of warmth and soul of the master.
To get started, look around the site and decide what and where you will equip.
If the garden is small, portable furniture will do., which you can rearrange to any place depending on the situation.
If space permits, you can separate the recreation area, summer kitchen, and a playground for children.
For the manufacture of country furniture is better to take natural materials:
- a rock;
Often use plastic - it will last for a long time, besides it is not afraid of damp, light.
The minus is unsafe for the environment, easily flammable.
Universal material - one can make almost all the furniture from them: a table, a sofa, a wardrobe, a swing.
Description of the manufacture of garden sofa. Need tools:
- drill 3x4;
- fasteners (nuts, bolts, screws, washers);
- metal tubes and flanges for armrests;
- pallets 40x80 cm;
- rollers (legs);
- safety glasses, respirator;
- mattress and pillows, sewn to the size of the sofa.
- side and outer edges with a grinding machine to protect feet from scratches;
- combine two pallets and put 3 marks for the holes (1 in the center, 2 along the edges), drill the holes;
- connect with bolts and nuts, tighten them with a wrench;
- in the bottom of the future sofa, drill 4 holes in the corners for the wheels - legs;
- attach the armrests: assemble tubes and flanges and fasten them with corners, paint them;
- cover the wood with stain or varnish;
- when the paint and varnish dry, put a mattress and pillows.
Thanks to the wheels, the sofa moves easily around the site, for the winter it is removed under the roof.
Logs, snags, trunks, logs, stumps
Will be suitable for production of garden benches, chairs, chaise lounges, original table legs.
Before you start working with wood, you need to dry it well.
The stump of a long-sawed tree, which you can’t pick up, can serve as the basis for the simplest bench of planks and thick branches.
Approximate work plan:
- trim and level the stump so that it has a flat horizontal surface;
- process with antiseptic;
- cover with clear lacquer;
- prepare the board in the same way;
- attach it to the stump (nails, screws);
- to make the back of beautifully curved thick branches, connecting them in any convenient way;
- once again process the entire structure with a waterproof varnish for outdoor use.
The original bench is ready. None of your neighbors have this.
Its main advantage is low costs.
- in order to extend the service life, all wooden products are treated with stain, varnish or painted in any suitable color;
- it is better not to take logs and conifers to create furniture, since their wood produces resin.
Durable material, not afraid of dampness, heat and cold. Ecologically safe.
You can equip an area for barbecue, barbecue. It makes beautiful and unusual seats.
The disadvantage is hard, difficult to handle.
Old tires often make garden furniture - ottomans, armchairs, tables, swings.
They can be painted or covered with a cloth.
Consider for example how to make an ottoman out of a tire.
- drill, drill;
- construction stapler;
- 2 circles with a diameter of 56 cm from a chipboard or oriented strand board;
- rope 40 m long;
- legs (4 pieces);
- 4 wooden bars, 20-25 cm each;
- self-tapping screws.
- Clean the tire from dirt, wash, dry.
- Secure the burlap around the perimeter with the help of a furniture stapler.
- For the rigidity of the structure, 4 bars should be installed vertically inside the tire, they serve as a spacer.
- In the center of the circle of chipboard drill a hole with a diameter of 1 cm. Pull a rope into it, fix it on the reverse side (tie into a knot).
- Screw the circle in four places along the edges with screws to the support bars. This hard base will not allow the tire to deform.
- On the opposite side, the second circle is attached to the ends of the bars.
- To the bottom of the frame legs are mounted.
- Turn the design.
- Lay the rope in a spiral, fixing the stapler at certain intervals.
Ottoman ready. If you add 2-3 more pieces to it and make a table (according to the scheme), you will get a cozy place for tea drinking in nature.
Furniture items made from automobile tires are easy to build, they will last a long time.
The only drawback is inflammable tires, unsafe from an environmental point of view.
From the fabric sew covers, pillows, capes.
It is not necessary to go to the store. Audit cabinets and mezzanines, select bright things that you no longer wear. Give them a new life.
For arranging the dacha, any old, unnecessary things will do if you try to look at them from the other side.For example, plastic boxes or boxes can be turned into chairs by removing one side and adding a beautiful cushion, rug.
From the forged legs of an old sewing machine you get an original table, just pick up a suitable tabletop for it.
Look maybe. after construction or repair there were trimming boards, iron pipes, facing tiles. A little imagination, effort, time and this “waste” will turn into unique, pleasing to the eye useful items.
How to make a table out of unnecessary tires, see below in the video.