Garden furniture made of artificial rattan: the pros and cons
Today, many owners of private houses, villas and cottages are very fond of creating beautiful terraces for relaxing and home gardens, in which quality furniture must be present. Garden furniture made of artificial rattan is an indispensable and popular thing that is not only considered beautiful and cozy, but also very comfortable.
What is a
Surely many have heard about the natural rattan and wicker furniture, which is made from it. This material is obtained from palm trees, which mainly germinate in Asian countries. Creating furniture from such a natural material is a laborious process, and raw materials are expensive. Furniture from such material may well hit the pocket.That is why many manufacturers have switched to the creation of products made of artificial material.
It is not the first year that many manufacturers offer quality furniture for home and garden made of artificial rattan, which in all its characteristics is not worse than its natural fellow. In addition, it costs much cheaper, and the quality does not fail. Such furniture is chosen even by the most fastidious customers.
Artificial rattan is most often made from special synthetic fibers that have excellent durability.
Main advantages and disadvantages
If you still doubt that garden furniture made of artificial rattan is what you need, we suggest you pay attention to its advantages, which include the following points.
- The furniture from this material is produced in the widest range. Decorative tables and chairs for the garden can be found at many manufacturers. Furniture from both foreign and domestic manufacturers is very popular.
- Quality rattan products are used to decorate garden arbors, open terraces, and even the porches of houses; they are often purchased for summer houses.Often furniture is installed in the recreation area next to the outdoor pool or jacuzzi. You can post such products without any limitation of your imagination.
- With the help of a variety of chairs, armchairs, tables, unusual lounge chairs and some other furniture attributes, you can easily create a cozy seating area, even without the help of experts. You can be inspired by ready-made pictures of garden design, which can be found in gardening magazines or on the Internet.
- Natural rattan furniture can be light brown to milky in color, while artificial options can even be black.
- According to many experts, it is most advantageous to buy ready-made furniture sets, rather than select individual components for decorating a recreation area in the garden - these are often made of synthetic rattan.
- Rattan harmonizes most favorably with conifers and other various greens in the garden.
- In addition, the advantages of products made of artificial rattan include their functionality, compactness and, of course, ergonomics.
- The big plus is the weight of rattan products, because they are very easy to carry and move. In addition, this type of furniture can be easily removed to the house for storage in the winter, because it is highly undesirable to leave it in the garden for the winter, otherwise it will quickly become unusable.
The disadvantages of some buyers and experts include a small palette of colors, which produce furniture of this type. Often it is light and dark brown. In addition, even artificial, high-quality options can be expensive, but even this factor does not stop buyers from making a purchase.
It is noted that the appearance of artificial furniture products is no different from natural options. To determine whether the material is artificial in front of you or not, most likely, only a professional in his field can.
To date, you can easily find a lot of different options for furniture made of artificial rattan. Tables and chairs of this type are made seamless. This is an undoubted advantage not only in the appearance of the products, but also in the fact that over time they will not be deformed under the influence of any factors.
From an artificial rattan decorative are most often issued:
- tables of various shapes (rectangular, square and semi-circular variants are considered to be the most popular);
- chairs and armchairs (rocking chairs look very original);
- chaise lounges;
- small bedside tables and coffee tables;
- the ready sets including at the same time several furniture attributes for a house garden.
To give more comfort, rattan furniture is often decorated with soft seats and decorative pillows. As for the tables, the tabletops are very often covered with glass.
Despite the fact that artificial rattan is not as expensive as natural, even it can be costly, especially when it comes to quality options and whole sets. For example, the average price of a quality set of wicker furniture for a garden can vary from 30 to 50 thousand rubles. More expensive options can cost more than 100 thousand.
As for the budget options, for example, armchairs and chairs of not the highest class can be easily found at an adequate price of 1.5–2 thousand rubles. Nevertheless, we should not forget that the life of cheap furniture is not so long, as a result of which, most likely, you will soon have to purchase new furniture.
In any case, if you want to find high-quality artificial rattan furniture for many years, do not save. It is better to collect a certain amount and invest in quality goods, rather than be content with poor wicker products.
How to choose
Today, you can choose and purchase artificial rattan furniture both on the Internet and in ordinary furniture stores. Production can be both domestic and Western. Often, manufacturers offer finished products and kits, but in rare cases, you can customize such furniture. It will cost, of course, more expensive.
It is recommended to choose this type of furniture directly in the store, so that you can have a chance to see it live and familiarize yourself with all the characteristics. Do not be afraid to use the help of consultants who can help with the choice of certain models of furniture.
Before buying it is recommended to know the approximate dimensions of the place where the rest area will be decorated.
- Try to pay attention to products with additional weaving. Most often, metal mesh is used for such products, which can give confidence: you have high-quality furniture.
- It is best to choose furniture made of artificial rattan on an aluminum or steel frame.
Polyrothang models are very often covered with special paints and varnishes, as a result of which they can emit a crunch over time. This does not mean that the furniture has become unusable.
How to care
Caring for outdoor furniture made of artificial rattan will not create unnecessary problems, since such outdoor furniture is often made using a special polymer material. As a result, the furniture is plastic. To remove dust, just use a damp cloth. Hard cleansers are not recommended for cleansing.
Many manufacturers pre-process rattan products with special solutions.which protect them from excessive moisture and ultraviolet radiation, so that if such furniture is properly stored in the winter, it will not require special care in the summer.
However, according to many experts, rattan furniture of an economy class requires better supervision and care, since it is more susceptible to various climatic influences.
- On the terrace or on the spacious balcony, designers often install wicker furniture in black. Very nice options with unusual pillows.
- Wicker sofas and chocolate-colored armchairs in combination with decorative contrast pads certainly will not leave anyone indifferent. Such furniture will be not only comfortable, but also pleasing to the eye.
- If you have a truly landscaped garden, be sure to pay attention to the bright options of country furniture from rattan. Milk or white wicker chairs, sofas and tables are perfectly combined with all the greenery around.
How the production of furniture made of artificial rattan, see the following video.