Tile adhesive Litokol K55: properties and features of the application
Tile adhesive is a dry mix that is great for indoor and outdoor use. The mix Litokol K55 is made on the basis of white cement. Litoplus produce a volume of 25 kg. This product has a lot of positive qualities, which makes it popular among buyers.
This type of dry glue mix receives only positive feedback. No wonder. The characteristics of this product indicate that it is a high-quality product in the field of construction and repair, which is ideal for laying tiles.
- Glue Litokol K55 is very elastic and has excellent adhesion.
- The mixture quickly sets and dries well, which contributes to a faster trowel work.This product is an adhesive with improved performance. Due to this, it can be used not only during the laying of conventional tiles, but also for the installation of "warm floor".
- One of the features of the material is the fact that the mortar interferes with the process of sliding the tile at the time of laying. This is very convenient if the tile is laid on the walls.
- In addition, the adhesive in question is non-toxic and is recognized as environmentally friendly. It will not harm the master in the process of laying, and also will not harm the health of the household. Consumption of this mixture is economical, which adds this product another significant plus.
- Tiled glue has a long life cycle. An already diluted mixture should be used within six hours. The applied layer and the laid tile can be corrected within the next half an hour. After the material begins to seize and making adjustments is unacceptable.
- To grout the joints, you need to wait exactly 24 hours. In a day you can safely walk on the laid tiled floor. "Warm floor" can be used only in a month (25-28 days). More information can be found in the instructions that are attached to this type of glue.The manufacturer gives clear recommendations on the use of glue.
- Litokol K55 perfectly will be suitable for any kind of a ceramic, mosaic tile, analogs from a natural stone, for example, marble or granite. You can choose tiles of any color and from any material, including glass.
- This glue does not appear after laying and does not change the color of the laid tile.
- The material is frost resistant. Due to this, it can be used for cladding outside buildings.
- This product can be used during tile laying for the pool.
- This mixture is widely used for cement screeds, gypsum plasters, precast concrete, drywall.
How to use?
Before laying any of the selected tiles, it is recommended to thoroughly clean the entire surface. On the basis there should not be dust, dirt, small garbage and everything that will interfere with high-quality coupling. Another important point - the surface must be completely dry. Otherwise, the adhesion will be bad.
- If glue is planned to be applied to the surface of plaster, it must first be primed. Gypsum structure tends to absorb moisture.And if there is no primer on the surface, the adhesive mixture is simply absorbed, the result of laying will not be of high quality. In addition, the surface of the plaster must be ground.
- In that case, if laying must be carried out on a cement or other porous surface, the usual primer for preliminary preparation of the base will not work. It is recommended to choose a mixture of deep penetration, and only then use Litokol K55.
- If glue should be used for lining the poolfirst you must thoroughly waterproof. For those who will lay the tile during the installation of the “warm floor”, it is recommended to remember that it is possible to apply glue on such floors only after two weeks.
- During the laying of conventional ceramic tiles, it is important to apply the glue directly to the surface. Try to apply the mixture only on the area of the working area, which you can revet in the next 10-15 minutes.
- If you carry out outdoor work, a small amount of glue should be applied on the reverse side of the tile, approximately 60%. For exterior work, the tile surface must be 100% coated with the mixture.
An adhesive is applied to the back side if work is carried out with:
- large format tiles;
- a form for facing the inside of the pool;
- material for "warm floor".
For laying mosaic tiles are almost all of the above recommendations. The surface must be clean and level. The composition is recommended to apply a gear tool. The reverse side of the tile itself must be carefully cleaned, which will allow to obtain a quality result. When working with Litokol K55, it is recommended to remember that the mixture is made on the basis of cement.
You need to be extremely careful. Wear rubber gloves and work clothes.
Tips and tricks
Finally, we have prepared a few tips to help you carry out the work of high quality.
- Dilute the mixture with clean water strictly according to the instructions on each package. It is best to mix the composition with a drill.
- After the first stirring, you need to leave the glue, then mix it again and proceed to the lining. During operation, the glue is mixed several times.
- Work with this mixture should be carried out in a room with low humidity, where there are no drafts.
- If the work will take place outside, the weather should be clear and warm.
- If the weather is too windy during outdoor work, the durability of the diluted compound will be reduced by a factor of two. Therefore, it is recommended to dilute the mixture in portions.
- If you plan to lay tile for places with high humidity (in baths, saunas, swimming pools), you should choose a mixture of Litokol K55, which is based on a latex additive.
- After completing work with glue, it is better to immediately soak the tools in the water and clean it, otherwise it will be very difficult to do this later.
- It is easy to work with the material, but it is accuracy that will contribute to a better result.
For more on Litokol K55 tile adhesive, see below.