No matter how many interesting things of life exist, there is never a lot of them. And if some users are satisfied with the familiar classic, others are in constant search for creativity and novelty, decorating each room of the dwelling with something unusual. Take at least a blanket: it can be not only warm, soft or made in bright colors. Today, an important feature of the form: in the center of attention of the modern design blanket "Bonbon".
What is it and what is it for?
The “Bonbon” blanket is originally a decorative element of style, the origin of which is based on a patchwork patchwork technique that has long existed among different nations of the world.This was due at one time to the lack of fabric, so every flap was used. Today the product has several names: “Bombon”, “Biscuit”, “blanket of poufs”, “marshmallow”.
Today, bonbon-style comforters are made from a new, presentable type of textiles, and the choice of fabric is carried out thoroughly, with the selection of colors. The technique is a kind of decorative and applied art and, compared to the usual flat patchwork, is distinguished by its texture and volume achieved by means of stuffing.
The blanket “Bonbon” is a textile cloth having two different sides: a flat purl and a voluminous front one, consisting of fragments-squares of identical size. The edge of the canvas can be concise, made in the form of a wide edging, decorated with ruche, frill or braid with pompoms. In general, the product resembles miniature padded stools installed in the correct order, fixed on a flat base.
An unusual type of blanket is not just a decor: it is an independent accent of the room, indicating a special atmosphere and design idea.It can be the basis of style or a link, through color connecting individual interior items.
This product is multifunctional:
- it is used for its intended purpose as a blanket, covering the user's body during sleep;
- easily replaces any blanket, turning into a blanket and giving the bed a neat, well-groomed appearance;
- depending on the size, it may become a temporary cape for a sofa, armchair or chair;
- if necessary, it is transformed into a plaid cocoon, hiding the user in a chair or on a sofa in a cold room;
- becomes the first rug of the baby who has just learned to sit (softens the fall).
Features and benefits
Blankets puffs are unique. They are not created in a massive way, so none of these products has a duplicate. Even if the size is the same, the textiles and the density of the filling are always different. Basically, such products are created according to pre-prepared sketches with a pattern, on which fragments of different patterns are marked.
Thanks to this approach, you can come up with any pattern: from simple diagonal stripes, zigzags or “chessboard” to an ornament or three-dimensional geometric figure, different silhouettes or abstraction.
Unusual blankets have a lot of merit. They:
- practically does not differ in thermal properties from the usual blanket, giving a feeling of comfort and warming the user's body without overheating;
- due to the lightweight filler used as a gasket, they do not have a lot of weight, therefore they are comfortable and convenient to use;
- made from natural textiles of origin, not irritating even sensitive skin, and therefore suitable for allergies;
- are performed for users of different ages, including newborns, pre-school and school children, adolescents and adults (including the elderly);
- equipped with a natural lining on the wrong side, which gives the product warmth, creates maximum comfort and eliminates fidgeting during sleep;
- can be an independent design element or made in the form of a set, supplemented with covers or ready-made pillows of the same style, like sides of a crib, seat cushions on chairs or a sofa, textured toys of identical material;
- have a hypoallergenic filler with excellent air exchange and hygroscopicity, resistant to the formation of an environment for microorganisms;
- due to the dense structure of textiles, they do not let in or accumulate dust, which prevents the formation of dust mites - the source of itching and redness of the skin;
- mobile and, if necessary, easily folded, folded for storage in a linen drawer of furniture, not taking up much space;
- they are one of the most popular handicraft techniques, which even an inexperienced craftswoman can cope with using the techniques of professionals who know how to easily and quickly make such things;
- always welcome as a gift to yourself or loved ones;
- in most cases, they can withstand washing in a washing machine in a delicate mode at 30 degrees.
In general, “Bonbon” blankets cost money, stand out favorably against the background of classic counterparts or blankets, blankets. They are stylish and look expensive.
Blankets with an unusual “ottoman” texture cannot be used as a mattress pad, varying the softness of the mattress surface. If outwardly it seems possible, it should be borne in mind: an uneven surface violates the correct position of the back. This is especially true of babies whose spine does not yet have the correct curves.
Other nuances include limited form: when executed from square elements, the blanket can only be rectangular or square. In addition, the size of the fragments has limitations: if the squares are large, the blanket loses its attractiveness, the texture changes, the pattern becomes incomprehensible, broken into separate fragments.
In addition, the blankets after washing need to be “properly” dried. They can not be hung, it is important to dry on a horizontal plane, eliminated drying with heating appliances or an iron. More often such accessories are used as a bedspread.
It takes time to manufacture them, which requires patience, perseverance and accuracy in the execution of the product. As for the floor, such blankets are more like girls. Boys are more prone to traditional options, especially if the texture of the product is pronounced. The same can be said about men: such a product is appropriate in the interior of the room of the spouses, but it is not at all clear to the bachelor.
Blankets with ottomans are divided into two lines: for children and adults. Depending on this, they differ in color and color theme.
For a baby blanket use cartoon prints.Basically, such products are made in the form of sets with different patterns of each product.
Adult Product more strict: more often the drawing of squares has a plant and flower theme. Such a product is supplemented with a regular pillow cover made of textile poufs. This avoids overloading the texture and at the same time maintains the main focus.
How difficult is it to do: what is wrong with the instruction?
No matter how many descriptions on the Internet, they are often so confusing that if you follow these instructions, it is difficult to achieve a good result. Sometimes it seems that the manufacture resembles a stitch with the addition of padding. In fact, the production of blankets "Bonbon" is much easier. This does not require tedious lining the base, combining edges, exhausting fit. If you follow the instructions of professional masters, everything is quite clear and simple.
The bottom line is this: the bombons themselves are initially prepared, which consist of two squares of different sizes (large ones are combined with smaller ones of gauze, laying folds in the centers of each face: that is why the squares look rounded).
Then they are grinded on all sides, joined into rows, and then into a solid canvas, not forgetting to sew around the edge with a pom-pom band. After, grind off with the base, insulated with padding polyester in the form of figured stitches. Then they make small cuts from the inside, fill the bombons with gaskets, “close” the holes with hand stitches, turn the blanket over the face, and close the inversion allowance with a hidden stitch.
If you do not want to turn the product, you can simply put the bonbon layer and the warmed base inside out, stitch them and make the edging.
A master class on sewing blankets "Bonbon" with your own hands can be viewed in the next video.
The dimensions of the blanket of ottomans are varied. You can make a binding to the parameters of the bed, measure out the size of a classic blanket, bedspread, rug. Some models are made taking into account the height and build of the user, so the product often turns out to be non-standard.
Conventionally, the dimensions of such blankets are divided into three groups:
- For newborns and children nursery, preschool age and primary school children - approximately 70x100, 80x100, 100x100, 110x100, 110x140, 120x140 cm;
- Teenage, somewhat more spacious, with parameters close to single blankets: 80x180, 80x190, 90x180, 120x180 cm;
- Products for adults with large dimensions: 140x180, 140x190, 150x200, 160x200, 180x200 cm and more (performed on a single and double bed).
Materials and colors
Components are an important part. You should not experiment with stuffing, replacing the filler with cotton wool or yarn residues - such a replacement will make the weight heavier and ruin the appearance after washing.
The main "ingredients" of the "Bonbon" blanket are:
- natural fabric of two, three, four contrasting tones with or without a pattern (chintz, satin);
- basis material (dense coarse calico);
- heater (synthetic winterizer);
- filler (holofiber, sintepon, sintepukh);
- reinforced thread to match textiles;
- locking pins;
- cardboard pattern of a pouf;
- decor edge (satin or rep ribbon, tape);
- scheme of the future product.
Color options for a boy or girl are different. Basically shades are selected based on the preferences of the author or customer. Girls love all the tones of Barbie, so this blanket can be pink with gray, turquoise, lilac. The drawings are more than symbolic: dolls, ice cream, candy, bears, pussies and other beautiful and cute items.
For boys, they make variations of the marine theme, green, yellow, decorating the surface of the product with various prints: stripes, a cage, peas, abstraction. The palette of tones for adults is more restrained. These are monophonic, strict shades of a pastel scale, sometimes bright contrasts of two saturated colors.
Beautiful interiors with a bombon blanket
Since the textured blanket "biscuit" style in itself is unique and immediately attracts attention, it is preferable to do some binding to the existing interior items.
The style can be expressed through the print of the bombons, their shades, special elements (for example, bears, suns talking about children's themes and young age of the user). The styles for older children are performed with a lower brightness of the print, but the emphasis is on color: for example, it can be repeated in the tone of curtains, wallpaper, lampshade table lamp, flower pot, picture pattern.
You should not be zealous with one color, filling it with the entire area of the room: an overabundance of color has a negative effect on the idea of design, creating an oppressive atmosphere.
Choosing the color of the blanks, it is worth considering: it is preferable to use light shades of pastel colors, as they are able to bring light, heat into the room, visually increasing the space of the room.
To make the blanket look beautiful in the interior, we must not forget about the size of the squares. The small ones are universal and perfectly blend into the overall picture; the large ones create the illusion of decorative pillows arranged in rows.
Such a blanket looks beautiful in a different style. The most characteristic design option is country (if the model consists of bright colors). To fit the product in the classic or modern, you need to make it solid without additional decor.
The Arabic version is also possible: a gold finish, a small repetition of the color combination of the room, a maximum of two colors - and a blanket from “A Thousand and One Nights is Ready”!
If you want to show luxury, you should choose expensive textiles with companions (one unloading monophonic, connecting the other two with a pattern). Any little things matter: the print should be premium, lacy, but not colorful.