In order for the child’s sleep to be as healthy as possible, it is important to provide young children with a feeling of maximum warmth, softness and comfort. Children's blankets of good quality - one of the necessary items to create the best conditions for a good rest of the child. The main thing is to choose a baby blanket correctly and with taste, so that the purchase will bring benefit and joy to the child and his parents for as long as possible.
First of all, it is important that the baby blanket is hypoallergenic. In its composition should not be harmful substances that can cause an allergic reaction in a child. This is especially important in conditions of unfavorable ecology and a state of heightened stress, which children are increasingly exposed to in modern conditions.If the materials used are of high quality, without the content of those components that can cause irritation of the skin and mucous membranes in children, this will be the main advantage contributing to the acquisition of such a blanket.
In addition, materials for children's blankets should be good to let the air through.. As you know, young children love to shelter with their heads, and if this happens, the child should be provided with free access of air in order to avoid the greenhouse effect and lack of oxygen. Very often, the child has excessive sweating when he is sleeping. If the blanket is hygroscopic, it removes excess moisture, and its level under the blanket does not become higher.
When washing it should not lose its shape and properties that are useful for the child's body.
When a child sleeps, he can often throw the blanket to the floor. Therefore, it is necessary that it be large enough and not fall at the slightest movement of the child during sleep.
It is best to buy two children's blankets at once: one winter, more dense and voluminous, and the other - summer, light, designed for warm weather:
- Thin blanket-blanket much easier to put in a stroller.If at the same time, it retains a sufficient amount of heat, this model is well suited for outdoor walks in the spring, for example, a thin jacquard blanket made from trimmed wool of any animal.
- Blanket transformer perfect for the newborn, because in expanded form it can be used as an ordinary blanket of a standard form, and for walking it quickly turns into an envelope. Manufacturers offer a wide range of transformers for babies of the first months of life, made from both natural and high-quality synthetic materials.
It is also worth considering that for newborns it is better to pick up a square blanket that has a small size, because in this way it is most convenient to wrap the baby.
- Blanket Bag is ideal for a child of the first year of life. A small child can always throw off the blanket, and the clasp of the bag holds it well inside and at the same time does not hinder movement. In order for the mother to organize feeding at night, there is no need to undress the child: you can simply pick it up in your hands right in the bag.The baby will never get entangled in such a blanket, and he will always be warm, and the feeling of warmth and comfort that occurs while in the bag will ensure a healthy and sound sleep.
- Blanket, quilted by squares, It is a very practical option, because such a stitch prevents the deformation of the filler, keeps it in the best shape and does not allow it to fold during washing, drying or chemical processing. When a child turns over in a dream, there is less risk for the filler to lump in lumps, as is often the case with synthetic materials of not very good quality.
For young children, the standard size of the blanket is usually 112x112 cm. As the child grows and develops, he can already buy a single blanket of the same size as an adult: 140x112, 172x205, 200x220cm. These are the main parameters that should be guided when buying, but there are a few more points that you should pay attention to.
Of course, the main factor determining the correct purchase of a blanket is that the child is constantly growing, and in addition to these sizes parents also need to know some subtleties that will greatly ease the problem of choosing children's blankets.
In any case, it should be remembered that the baby blanket has a non-standard size, and therefore it is not easy for him to pick up bed linen. There are several solutions: you can either sew bedding yourself, or attend to the purchase of a blanket immediately with a set of bed linen.
Any child, especially when it comes to children of younger preschool age, is constantly turning in his sleep, and parents need to be prepared for the fact that the blanket will often slip to the floor. One of the solutions to the problem may be the acquisition of a heavier model, for example, a cotton or down product, but natural materials require special care and can cause allergies. In this case, it would be better to get a blanket wider and bigger, taking care that it was not too heavy and “stuffy”.
Large volume blanket does not fit in the stroller when walking outdoors. This is especially true for products from sintepon, hollkon and holofiber. For street walks, thin small blankets or bedspreads are ideal.
In a stroller a fairies blanket fits perfectly: when it is folded, its dimensions are very small.
A more detailed description of the size of children's blankets, depending on the age of the child, looks like this:
- 80x80 cm - A standard square-shaped blanket for a newborn, which is optimal for wrapping the baby. Often bought specifically for discharge from the hospital, fits well with the crib. It is bought when the purchase of a cradle is not foreseen, because a square blanket will not fit in it;
- 60x90 cm - a blanket of this size is suitable for a child up to a year, with the condition that he does not turn over much in the crib. If the baby is too mobile in a dream, it is better to purchase a larger version. Due to the fact that children grow quickly, such a blanket will be needed for a short time, but later it can be used to cover the child’s feet when walking in cold weather;
- 90x120 cm - The size can be called universal. Used for children 3 years and younger. Such a blanket can easily be tipped from any side, but you need to keep in mind that it will no longer fit into a pram;
- 100x140 cm - such a blanket will serve up to the elementary school, but it may not fit in the standard crib, so you should expect that by that time the child will have a full-fledged sleeping place;
- 140x200 cm - such sizes are already used when purchasing blankets for adults, well suited for teenagers.
Today for children the following models are used:
- Duvet blanked differs in special softness and durability. For example, a product made of soft swan fluff can be used at all times of the year. In winter, it perfectly retains heat, and in summer it is impossible to overheat under it because it provides intensive air circulation. However, down can cause a child's allergies and become a breeding ground for dust mites. When living in climatic conditions with high levels of humidity, the duvet will absorb moisture and will not succumb to drying.
If, nevertheless, the parents of the child have a great desire to purchase a warm duvet for him, it is recommended to consider quilted options, because the stitch ensures that they keep the shape.
- Bamboo blanket has an obvious advantage over the down, namely: hypoallergenic. Bamboo is an eco-friendly material that does not absorb moisture and unpleasant odors. Most of all, this option is good for summer: it retains the necessary amount of heat on a cool summer night and at the same time is light and pleasant to use.The basic rule of care: never dry-clean a bamboo blanket, and wash it with a water temperature of 30 degrees. If machine wash is used, the mode should be the softest, without spinning. Dry, spreading on the surface.
- Blanket from a synthetic winterizer It serves for a long time and can be bought for a small price. The main advantages of such options are that they weigh little and are hypoallergenic, without requiring any careful maintenance, unlike products made from natural materials. However, synthetic blankets have significant drawbacks: poor absorption of moisture and poor air circulation. Therefore, it is better not to acquire them in the case of living in a humid climate with high rainfall.
- Cotton blanket it is distinguished by all the advantages of products made from natural materials: it retains heat perfectly, does not absorb moisture and is very inexpensive. But at the same time, it is quite heavy and easily absorbs odors, which significantly reduces its popularity with customers. You can buy a wadded product if winter is dry and frosty - then it will show all its best qualities and will not give the owners additional problems.
- Fleece blanket consists of polyester, therefore, acquiring it, you should immediately understand that it is a synthetic material. But if the fleece is of high quality, it is really very soft, warm and does not cause allergic reactions. This is one of the few synthetics-based materials that can be called "breathable." However, such a blanket must be subjected to special treatment, otherwise under certain conditions it may ignite. Fleece strongly electrified, on it quickly appear pellets.
Such deficiencies can be minimized only if natural additives are present in the material.
- Any blanket always quality baby. If he does not have allergic reactions, such an acquisition will be very useful and provide the necessary level of heat even in the greatest cold. One of the most popular options to this day is the camel blanket: this wool has a minimal degree of wear and tolerates washing. There are also wool plaids woven in a specific way. If the blanket has a quilting, then its wool filler is packaged in a durable pouch. Cover fabrics are made of textured cotton or calico.
- Bait or natural cotton blanket it has lightness and softness, absorbing those qualities that are not enough for wadded and woolen products: the former are known to be very heavy in weight, and the latter can cause skin irritation in a child. Cotton products are very practical, their cost is low. They do not require special care, they are perfectly suited machine wash at 40 degrees. Any cotton blanket is remarkable in that numerous washings do not affect the shape and content of the filler.
- Terry products familiar to many since childhood, as well as blankets of wool. Differ in that in their production using natural materials. Terry blankets are linen, bamboo, cotton. They have excellent thermal conductivity, not "stuffy", with a pleasant massage effect.
- Sintepon - A great material for a blanket in case you need to choose a “budget” and unpretentious option. Such products serve for a long time, are inexpensive, do not cause allergies, are very light in weight. However, from the drawbacks it should be noted that they do not breath well and are not suitable for children who like to shelter with their heads.
- One of the best synthetic materials for the manufacture of bedding is hollofayber. A holofiber blanket inside always looks like a big light cloud. Such products are warm enough and retain their shape after numerous washes in a typewriter. The cost of such blankets is very democratic, which ensures their relevance.
- Of the more expensive options presented by natural materials, noteworthy jacquard blankets, in the manufacture of which is used goat, camel or sheep wool. Such products, with the exception of certain varieties of camel hair, are very soft, well absorb moisture, and under them the child will never be stuffy. A unique feature of jacquard products is that their woolen fibers are interwoven in a special way, which ensures the creation of original patterns. These drawings are applied on both sides of the blanket, and the child will be happy that the product can be turned either to one or the other side - as if the blanket is not one, but two.
- Silk blanket It is also very expensive compared to the most popular products made of bamboo or holofiber.Of course, such options, as a rule, are very beautiful, bright and distinguished by high quality filler in the form of silkworm cocoons. Such a filler, for all its naturalness, is an unfavorable environment for dust mites in it. The peculiarity of silk products is that in summer the child will not feel hot under them, and in winter they will always provide him with warmth.
- The summer is going to be great for summer. knitted and plush blanketswhich can be easily put in a stroller or take on the road. Knitwear will please the child with warmth and comfort, and plush with the brightness, brilliance and indescribable feeling of softness.
Colors and prints
The following shades of blankets are on the market:
- White blanket will always be a suitable gift for a newborn or small child. When choosing a delicate white product, it is always important to consider the material from which it is made in order to choose the option that tolerates washing and care in the best possible way.
You can choose a white envelope or a square blanket, which will be the best choice for a child of the first year of life.
- Light green blanket with a holofiber filler will not only become a useful and environmentally safe item for sleeping, but also decorate any nursery. This color will always calm the nervous system of the child, besides, it is so pleasing to the eyes and neutral that a blanket of this color can be purchased for both boys and girls.
- Colored blankets with a pattern You can choose from jacquard patterns. The variety of patterns on both sides of such a product may be an additional incentive for its acquisition, despite the high price - especially models of soft wool of mountain goats. For schoolchildren among spring-summer options, you can choose a blanket with a checkered pattern - it is better from soft wool, in the absence of allergic reactions.
A variety of choices of children's blankets and provides for the decoration of environmentally friendly textile materials:
- For small children often used Chiffon finish in different colors. This decor provides an additional attraction of the child’s attention to bright colors.
- You can choose and cheerful blanket either bedspread with pompomswhich can also be of different colors and sizes.A child will play with pom-poms with pleasure, turn them in his hands, thereby developing fine motor skills. It is only important to ensure that the baby does not cut off the decorations with excessive attention to them.
Which is better to choose a crib?
Before you buy a blanket, you need to carefully inspect and even touch it several times in order to subsequently not regret the choice made. It so happens that a warm and airy blanket nevertheless has a sharp odor of an incomprehensible chemical substance. This occurs when using fillers of poor quality or poorly fixed paint. A blanket that is chosen for a child should always be soft to the touch. If when you hold your hand over the product, there are unpleasant stitching sensations, you should immediately refuse from such a possible purchase.
For children of 3.4 years old, the best dimensions of the product are 90x120 cm.
Such a blanket is very convenient to tuck on all sides, covering the child so that he does not throw him on the floor during involuntary movements in a dream. For children 5 years and older, a blanket of 140x200 cm is suitable, in case the child is already sleeping in a separate bed.
When choosing, you should also considerwhat temperature is usually kept in the child’s bedroom at one time or another. If the room is cool, you can buy a down or wool product. Living in climates with high humidity is the reason for acquiring light, but warm and breathing jacquard patterns. If the air is dry and the humidity is low, blankets made of synthetic materials are suitable, in this case as well as possible.
If a child has a persistent allergic reaction or irritation of the skin, it will be necessary to refuse to purchase products from natural materials. An alternative can be a blanket of sintepon or holofiber, ranked first among the most high-quality and environmentally friendly synthetic products. The manufacturer should also pay attention. It is better to buy products from proven companies. They will cost more, but it is better not to buy goods from those who have a dubious reputation, especially when it comes to children's health.
When buying a baby blanket, you should familiarize yourself with such a concept as the level of heat transfer. Blankets are warm, light and versatile, suitable for any season.
If the blanket is warm and designed for use in cold winters, the density of its filler should be at least 420 g / m2. In universal products, the density level is allowed to be from 300 to 350 g / m2, while blankets and bedspreads for summer can be 200-220 g / m.
Review the Carter's series of children's blankets in the next video.
Any baby blanket should be ventilated once a week, if possible, posting it on a balcony or loggia. If we are talking about a synthetic product, for example, from hollkon, then once a month it should be washed.
Wool blankets should be washed only by hand, the maximum water temperature during washing should be no more than 30 degrees.
As for expensive silk products, it is better not to carry out any serious manipulations with them independently (except shaking out and airing), but to turn to a good chemical cleaning service, where they will be put in order by means of professional means.