It is hard to imagine a modern person for whom comfort is not important. Tired of the rapid rhythm of life in a day, I want to relax, to forget until the morning, having plunged into a soft blanket.
In the search for the perfect padding, manufacturers are constantly improving technology, mixing different types of fibers to produce the perfect product. However, the most popular products from all existing rulers are blankets of sheep wool. Compared to other fibers, they have a number of features and merits.
Advantages and disadvantages
Sheep wool is a natural material obtained by shearing sheep and further processing. Wherever it is used, everywhere is warm and practical. Any product made from this material becomes not only warm, but also healing, able to prevent various diseases or become an auxiliary component of the treatment itself.
The healing properties of the blanket are explained by the "dry" heat, which is capable of:
- calm the nervous system;
- remove muscle and joint tension;
- speed recovery from a cold;
- increase blood circulation by relaxing the body;
- soothe the skin.
Fleece blankets are antistatic. Upon contact with the user's body, they give up a useful negative charge, freeing the person from the negative positive. Due to this, the person is not adversely affected, which increases the body's resistance to headaches, dizziness, depression, thyroid malfunction.
Due to the fact that such blankets have a low thermal conductivity, they do not allow the heat of the user's body to penetrate beyond the limits of the blanket.
At the same time, they do not allow external temperature factors (heat or cold) to influence the body covered by the blanket itself. Thus, the covers create the most comfortable conditions for rest or sleep, eliminating the formation of sweat or freezing.
Sheep wool blankets are very hygroscopic. They are able to absorb moisture in the amount of one third of their weight (mainly from the air and produced by the human body),and immediately evaporating it without residue. Therefore, such products are always dry and provide the same atmosphere and comfort to the user.
Companies produce rulers for people of different ages. The most compact models are designed for children, most of the line is designed for adults. In addition, wool sheepskin blankets are relatively low cost. This allows you to choose the product with the desired parameters, which does not hit the budget.
However, some customers, faced with the purchase of such a blanket, notes that, on average, the price for the best models cannot be called small. As a rule, if the cost is several hundred rubles, this indicates a low quality product and a mixed filler structure (for example, a mix of wool with synthetic fibers).
A quality option, worthy of purchase, will cost from about 2500 to 5000 rubles, and even higher.
These covers have the ability to neutralize odors. Due to lanolin (natural antiseptic), they eliminate the smell of sweat and other foreign flavors, killing the poisonous toxins that they contain. In addition, due to the fine-mesh structure of the fibers, air is constantly circulating in the filler, which saves it from settling dust.
Often, customers purchase two blankets at once: one for daily use, the second - a spare one, which can be used to cover guests in case of arrival.
This approach allows you to easily take care of the closest ones, because a sheepskin blanket is a good gift for any celebration. This is an appropriate and always necessary household item, so he is always welcome.
Alas, it is the natural composition of the material that gives the blanket some inconvenience. Unfortunately, natural sheep wool is not suitable for all users, as it has a considerable percentage of lanolin in the composition.
Those who have too sensitive skin (including allergy sufferers) cannot acquire such a blanket, as it can harm their body, causing discomfort (redness, irritation, itching). Therefore, the purchase of such a product must be thorough, regardless of the age of the future user.
Like most bedding, a sheep wool blanket often becomes the home of dust mites. Moreover, if they do not use it for some time or there is a lot of humidity in the house, and the room is not ventilated, a mole will surely start in this blanket.
The service life of such products is designed for about 10 - 15 years.
The manufacturer assures that all this time the structure of the filler will remain unchanged, will not clog, while remaining homogeneous. In fact, the product loses its properties much earlier.
If dead hair from a dead sheep gets into the filler, it can change the overall idyll of softness, making a kind of a fly in the ointment: this fiber is coarse to the touch.
Another disadvantage of such blankets is a lot of weight, which is twice as much as camel hair, not to mention downy and light synthetic products. On the other hand, this feature even appeals to many users, for whom the weight is comparable to the indicators of quality and body protection.
One of the major drawbacks of sheep wool blankets is the complexity of care. Moreover, even the most delicate approach is not always successful, and the quality indicators of the product deteriorate markedly with each cleaning. In addition, part of the line has a characteristic smell, which not all buyers are able to put up with.
What is useful?
Thanks to modern technology, manufacturing companies have learned to make not prickly,and the products are soft and pleasant to the body, while the quality characteristics of the blankets do not diminish.
In addition to the fact that under such covers, overheating in summer and cold in winter are excluded, they have useful properties, being an auxiliary tool in the treatment of various problems:
- According to doctors, warm sheepskin blankets can strengthen the immune system, beneficially affecting the entire body;
- they relieve the user from feeling tired and blues;
- help to create a cozy atmosphere for the surface of a sleeping place for babies, adding warmth and comfort to the hard surface of an orthopedic mattress;
- get rid of prickly heat in children and adults;
- relieves pain in the spine, relevant for radiculitis, osteochondrosis, rheumatism;
- recommended for those who suffer from sinusitis, asthma, gout, otitis media;
- improve metabolism, relieve puffiness and slow down skin aging;
- have a mild anti-cellulite effect;
- normalize blood circulation and reduce the pulse rate, normalizing the work of the heart.
There is an opinion that blankets made of sheep wool help with pneumonia, which are indispensable for hypothermia,contribute to the rapid recovery of the body during stretching of the muscles and active physical exertion.
Sometimes users notice some massage effect when using such a blanket. In addition to the anti-inflammatory and warming effects, such products have an antibacterial effect.
According to external indicators and method of manufacturing a sheepskin blanket come with open and closed wool. In addition, they may be unilateral or bilateral. In composition, such a blanket can be natural wool or wool blend (with the addition of polyester in the ratio 4: 10), woven or non-woven.
By type of production
Today, all varieties of woolen sheepskin blankets can be divided into three groups:
Of these, only quilted are closed. And it is these models that are in demand today more than others. Quilted models with sheepskin filler are a warm quilted fabric of wool, located between two layers of textiles.
In such designs, the principle is observed: the thicker the wool layer, the heavier and warmer the blanket itself:
- A lightweight version of sheepskin includes about 100 - 150 grams of fiber per 1 square.m;
- in lightweight models for 1 square. m canvases use about 250 - 300 grams of wool;
- in moderately warm (standard) products filler more - 400 grams;
- especially warm (winter) models for those who are constantly freezing, allow 700 - 800 grams of wool per 1 square. m and more.
As a bilateral coating of the wool layer, trademarks often use dense breathable textiles made from natural and blended fibers (cotton, calico, satin, polycotton). This category of bedspreads is distinguished by the richness of the color palette and colors, which is always important for the buyer and is noted in reviews on the Internet.
The woven model is, in fact, a thin canvas that does not diminish its thermal characteristics. This blanket is resistant to deformation, does not wrinkle, it is convenient to store it in a closet or linen drawer of the sofa (bed). Such models are good as summer and demi-season blankets: for those who do not recognize thin blankets for winter, they may not be warm enough.
Sheepskin fur blankets can be called the most luxurious category of the line. They can have one or two open sides of the soft filler, being processed along the edge with a wide finishing edging made of knitted fabric.
Opened on both sides of the model are the most expensive, but also the most impractical, since caring for them is doubly more difficult than one-sided counterparts.
One-sided blanket with open wool is convenient in that it can be used as a blanket or rug, decorating the surface of a sleeping place during the day. Often, polyester or satin is riding one of its sides. Sometimes manufacturers decorate such products with jacquard materials with a bright print.
The parameters of the blanket matter, not only the cost of the product depends on them. It is important to cover enough and not have to bend your legs to hide. Bad when you have to huddle under it. Therefore, the purchase must take into account the number of people, as well as their growth.
In addition, it is important to keep in mind that manufacturers make bed linen according to certain standards. It will be difficult, if not impossible, to choose a duvet cover for a non-standard model.
Today, companies produce products of several sizes, which can be classified as:
- children - products from newborns to children of kindergarten age, the length and width of these products are 60x90, 80x90, 90x120, 100x140, 110x140 cm;
- one and a half sleeping - versions with the parameters 140x200, 140x205, 150x200, 155x200, 155x220, 160x210 cm for one user;
- double - analogues for two, characterized by greater comfort and dimensions: 170x200, 175x205, 180x210 cm;
- euro standard - not only comfortable, but also the most spacious models - 200x210, 200x220 cm.
A wide range of textile products gives a lot of opportunities to choose a quality sheepskin blanket. Sometimes it is so large that it is easy to get confused in it.
To have a more detailed understanding of such bedspreads, You can familiarize yourself with the products of the following companies, marked by positive customer reviews:
- Belashoff - a line of products from fine-wool sheep wool with a satin-jacquard cover made of 100% cotton, as well as a blend of mixed packaging, quilted models of lightweight and standard plan with pleasant colors (low-end products designed for the mass buyer);
- Billerbeck - branded products of the German manufacturer, known for its European level of quality, made of wool of fine-wool sheep, having undergone several levels of cleaning and carding (original products with a fluffy side of llama wool, the second - cotton linen and a sheepskin core);
- La scala - lightweight quilted models of Australian sheep with low weight (from 1000 to 1300 grams on average), complemented by a jacquard cover, options for adults in standard sizes;
- Dargez - quilts for one and a half, double bed (including one euro size), a line of warm and inexpensive breathable models, made of sheep and merino wool of Australian sheep; warm, different in weight models with high elastic and heat-resistant qualities;
- "Erdenet" - products of the Mongolian company of universal sizes for adults, distinguished by relatively low cost and high quality covers; quilted models, packaged in natural cotton covers of pleasant pastel colors;
- "Holty" - products of the Moscow trademark for adults unilateral plan with fur and satin sides, decorated with plain, patterned jacquard covers, as well as bilateral counterparts, warm, incredibly soft, pleasant to the body;
- "Postelteks-plus" - closed bedspreads Ivanovo manufacturer for different age categories of users (designed for children and adults), the average density (300 grams per 1 sq. M.), have monochrome and color covers made of teak, calico (the most low-cost products from the companies represented).
How to choose?
Choosing a sheepskin blanket is an occupation that requires a careful approach. Not all sellers advertise is good for every user. If the purchase does not work, it will affect the quality of sleep: it can be restless, the morning will seem hard, the mood - bad, and well-being - broken. Despite the fact that the blanket is just an accessory, a lot depends on it.
If the assortment in the store is wide enough, it is worthwhile to give preference to a product made of fine-wool Australian merino wool. Such models are considered the highest quality and durable, although their weight is somewhat heavier than the blankets of ordinary sheep wool.
If such a blanket is on sale, sellers must emphasize this and offer to purchase.
It is worth buying a wool blanket exclusively at a trusted store, having the opportunity to see the product with your own eyes, to pay attention to the density of the structure, volume, size, top material (in quilts).
A certificate of quality and compliance with hygiene standards is a prerequisite for the purchase.And the self-respecting seller always indicates the control information on the tag, by which you can find out the manufacturer, the composition and density of the filler, textiles, sizes, and also recommendations for care.
If the blanket seems too light, it is likely that its composition is not natural, but mixed. In addition, it is important to pay attention to the cover: in a high-quality blanket, textiles are always smooth, smooth, and have no visible defects (scuffs, hooks, holes, unpainted areas).
In a good blanket, the filler is evenly distributed, it is elastic, soft, has no seals, lumps and irregularities. In addition, it is important to build on the price, choosing a middle ground between cheap and expensive options.
How to care?
Blankets made of sheep wool are capricious in care and will be deformed in any, even the most gentle type of cleaning. Even hand washing can damage the structure of the filler fibers, reducing the distance between them, reducing them in size.
In no case can not wash the product in hot water: wool will turn into felt.
One of the primary rules of care - careful operation.To preserve the beauty of the original look, you can use a duvet cover or a sheet, following the example of the Italians.
This will delay the accumulation of dirt and delay the moment of cleaning. To prevent the process of caking blankets and prevent the creation of an environment for the appearance of microorganisms, it is necessary to periodically ventilate the fabric in the fresh air.
If the product is not used, it is best to store it in a breathable case. Storage in a plastic bag is unacceptable, which will cause moths to appear.
Those who do not accept even the slightest stains, you can turn to dry cleaning or wash such products in cool water without pressing. If cleaning is necessary, this can be done with a dry brush or vacuum cleaner.
If washing is unavoidable, it is impossible to use ordinary powder, and it is also undesirable to squeeze the product immediately after rinsing. It is necessary to let the water flow in a natural way, and only after that slightly squeeze the blanket. No rotational movement, which will damage the structure of the material.
On how to wash a blanket of sheep wool, see below.