Blankets from camel wool
Quite a large number of ordinary people familiar with the blankets of camel wool since childhood. Warm, slightly prickly, moderately hard, and at the same time extremely light - this is the main characteristic of those products that were popular about 20 years ago. Now these products are completely different - very soft, delicate to the touch, in the shops you can buy blankets of the most pleasant colors for yourself. And if you take into account the huge range of models, then before buying you should definitely find out how to choose and purchase a good blanket from high-quality camel wool.
What is better than bamboo and sheep blankets?
What are the pros and cons of these blankets today can be identified? The positive aspects of this acquisition include:
- Low thermal conductivity. This material perfectly retains body heat in winter weather and does not heat up during the summer season.
- Excellent air tightness.
- Durability. If you carefully care for the blanket, it will not lose its qualities over the next 2-3 decades. The service life of the product with everyday use is from 7 to 9 years.
- Low weight - due to the special structure of camel hairs.
- Elasticity. Such a product for a long time does not change its original shape, even after numerous cleanings.
- High degree of moisture absorption - natural material perfectly absorbs sweaty discharges of a person and also excellently evaporates them.
- Antistatic. The camel's wool does not accumulate electricity, and therefore will not attract dust particles to itself.
Negative qualities of such blankets a little:
- Prickly. This characteristic applies only to the wool of camels at the age, and even then, if these blankets are woven. When using a conventional duvet cover, you can completely neutralize this characteristic.
- Allergy Approximately 1% of people are allergic to camel hair.Many people react ambiguously to dust mites that live in this material. Thus, this blanket is not suitable for allergies. That is why it should be more often and better ventilated, annually cleaned with chemical reagents.
- Small color selection - from white to dark brown (camel's hair is practically not amenable to treatment with chemical substances, dyes, does not want to keep the color).
- High price. The original product, especially if it is made of small camel hair, is not cheap, which is justified enough by its positive qualities.
If you do not know which of the blankets to give preference to - from bamboo or camel wool, then the first option should be preferred only if you are allergic to camel material or you have asthma.
Today, many people buy blankets from fleece of sheep, but in this case you should know that products from sheep's wool are significantly heavier, they are not erased at all, they do not have a pleasant smell, and every 3 months they need to be given for dry cleaning, which is financial very expensive. The only advantage of a good sheepcover or otheraccessories - better insulation and lower cost, but a blanket of camel wool is incomparably warmer.
What is useful?
In folk medicine, camel hair is actively used to reduce rheumatic pains and symptoms of bone diseases, it perfectly stimulates blood circulation, improves muscle tone, and promotes high-quality relaxation.
The content of lanolin in camel wool is highest when compared with other natural materials. It is this “animal” wax that stands out and is absorbed at ordinary body temperature and at the same time has the most healing properties. In addition, the camel blanket: significantly improves metabolism, removes toxins from the body, rejuvenates human skin, increases its elasticity, allows you to quickly remove any inflammation in the body, protects against the action of electromagnetic fields.
Modern manufacturers offer consumers 2 types of products.
- With an open surface. They are produced on modern equipment, thus obtaining the thinnest, but very warm blankets. They may seem somewhat heavy and coarse if they are made from the wool of already grown up camels.Flexible and soft blankets let camels out of real fluff: they are also pleasant at touch and very similar to traditional warm blankets. A lightweight blanket usually costs a bit less.
- With a closed surface. These are blankets in the form of covers with a filler, which is stitched along the entire length of the product. In this case, only wool is used, as it is easier to process and much cheaper than down. The woven cover makes such blankets completely un-prickly, even more practical, especially if they use down-filled camel toddlers.
Closed models differ from each other in the manner of the internal material in the case.
- Quilted camel models. These are one of the most inexpensive models, the firmware in them is made in the form of sewing strings running in parallel, with fairly substantial distances between these lines. The filler in such products is fixed rather weakly, often not very evenly distributed, which can cause clumping.
- Kostepnye. These products are stitched with strings in the form of patterns over the entire surface of the blanket. Such anchoring is of the highest quality, but the wool all the same after a while is knitted into large and small lumps and goes up to the top through needle punctures.
- Cassette. The product is stitched both longitudinally and transversely, thus forming small voids for the internal filler. In this case, the filler can not go from one cassette to another, and therefore does not get into lumps. These models are the most popular with buyers.
- The most expensive option is a jacquard-camel woolen blanket. Such types of blankets can consist of both 100% wool and cotton or synthetic fibers. Jacquard with wool is also considered a very durable material.
Very often in the composition of blankets made of camel wool can be found various kinds of additional fillers.
If the label states “wool - 100%” - you have a clear filler from a mixture of camel and sheep wool. Typically, the percentage ratio of these two types of wool is 40 to 60%, 30 to 70%, or 50 to 50%. The blanket with blended material is much heavier, it is much more voluminous, but it is cheaper and retains the naturalness of the whole product.
Also very often in stores you can find a variant of a blanket with thermally bonded inner material. It is an almost homogeneous material obtained in the process of passing wool through a heated shaft, where it is glued using artificial fiber.The rate of content of the wool component in such a material is usually proportional to the price of the final product.
There are also different types of blankets from a camel undercoat, for example, by some standards, the downward quality of the Mongolian animal Bactrian is considered to be the highest quality. The cost of such a blanket can be inaccessible and truly fabulous for many ordinary people. The gentle down of non-working camel babies is very much appreciated, it is distinguished by a special airiness and lightness. Blankets made of such fluff are classified as elite products, sometimes their value also goes off scale.
Wool is much cheaper than fluff because it is coarser, heavier and harder. But very often lately you can find a product that combines both wool and down in its composition - this, for example, is a down camel blanket.
Products made from down and camel wool cover perfectly store the warmth of the body of an adult and a child. Thanks to them, the body rests perfectly during dreams, and the skin breathes. This is the most successful option for relaxing at home and in the country, models are suitable for summer and winter season. Pleasant to touch, has a silky surface structure, not prickly, comfortable for the body.
If you want to buy a truly suitable blanket for your bed, you need to focus on the size of your bed in the first place. The standard size of blankets made of camel hair will be:
- 110x140 cm, 140x140 cm - a baby blanket;
- 140x205 cm –1.5-sleeping blanket;
- 170x200, 172x205 cm - double blankets;
- 200x220 cm - double blanket-euro;
- On sale you can also find a double blanket of king size 220x240 cm.
Our consumer today has a huge demand for blankets of high-quality camel wool from Mongolian manufacturers, since the wool of Mongolian camels is considered one of the best. The release of goods from the wool of Mongolian camels was quickly mastered by both European and domestic firms. To be completely confident in the high quality of the purchased products, you should carefully read the tag on the product, paying attention to where the wool was collected and to the name of the company that produced this product.
- "GOBI". This is one of the most recognizable Mongolian trademarks of quality blankets made of natural wool without synthetics. These products are immediately struck by the beautiful appearance, quite acceptable cost, high quality performance.
- "Aelita" (Ivanovo). This domestic manufacturer sews stylish blankets in durable cases from natural fabrics produced by local factories. You can always in the product catalog to choose products of various sizes and density to your liking.
- The worsted factory Troitsk. It offers consumers blankets of wool and light blankets. The most prestigious models - wool "Karakum"And down"Sahara».
- Dargez. The Russian concern, which has long been producing high-quality wool quilted products and weightless rugs. List of models "Sahara"Is aimed at adult consumers, a collection of blankets"Little camel"- for kids.
- Billerbeck. The German-Ukrainian company offers stylish blankets for children from combed camel wool in a good satin case.
How to choose?
If you want your blanket of a two-humped animal to serve as long as possible, then you need to know the basic rules for choosing this kind of product. First you need to pay attention to such parameters as:
- The degree of warmth. In order to learn this degree, you need to count the number of “points” in the product labeling (usually from 1 to 5 points) or ask about the density of the material used (g / m2). A quality blanket made from camel wool is also selected depending on the season, the quality of heating in the home, and personal taste desires:
- very warm (5 points; about 880-900 g / m2) - best used in cold rooms, great for constantly freezing people;
- just warm (4 points; from 420 to 500 g / m2) - the best winter product, most suitable for cold seasons;
- all season (3 points; about 350 g / m2) - the best option for use throughout the year;
- lung (2 points; from 200 to 220 g / m2) - such a blanket is needed for cool rooms in the off-season;
- summer (1 point; from 160 to 180 g / m2) - for a cool summer or for use as a warm blanket in the winter.
- The composition of the original material. The most expensive models are made of young camel undercoat, because of its soft composition and airiness, this wool resembles a light down. Products from such fluff come out unusually warm and not at all prickly, therefore they are used without the usual duvet cover. For the warmth and durability of use you will love the habitual blanket made of camel wool. Modern manufacturers often combine material from wool and down with synthetic fiber.Remember that such a product will be much cheaper than other blankets, but its warming properties will be much lower. The percentage composition and ratio of components of the blanket is always indicated on the tag.
- Workmanship. The main features of a blanket with high quality characteristics are:
- homogeneous product structure;
- uniformity distribution of wool in models with a cover;
- the lack of hairs visible through the material of the cover;
- product edges are best in order to be piped or treated with an overlock, the seams of the threads should preferably be strong and even;
- Availability high-quality and durable cover made of natural fabric - it is best to use teak and satin, and in the elite models they also use fabric made from eucalyptus fibers.
How to distinguish from fake?
The demand among ordinary people and the excellent qualities of camel wool attract the attention of manufacturers who want to increase their profits by faking products: they change natural wool fibers to artificial substitutes and cheap synthetic fibers.The cost of such a "camel" blanket is significantly lower, which attracts many inexperienced buyers. However, from such products one should not expect all the positive qualities that the original product has, therefore it is better not to save on the purchase of this kind.
How can one really distinguish a camel woolen blanket from a surrogate, which criteria should be the first to pay attention?
- Camel wool blanket by weight it will be significantly lighter than a sheep's product.
- If the material is really of natural origin, it will be soft and gentle when touched, but if you have coarse hairs under your fingers - this directly indicates the synthetic origin of the product.
- You can also pull a few hairs. out of the blanket and set fire. Real wool will burn very badly, extremely slowly, and the smell will be characteristic and similar to the smell when hair burns.
- Hreal camel wool almost impossible to paint, so if the model is too bright, then it is a fake.
- If one of the components of the blanket are synthetic fibers, this is a wool blend model, even if these fibers are only 5%.
How to care and clean?
Until now, the controversy over whether it is possible to wash a blanket from camel hair has not subsided. Moreover, some philistines say that it is categorically forbidden to do this, others insist that it is possible to wash, but such a wash should be as gentle as possible.
In order to maintain the purity of the new blanket of camel wool everyday, the most experienced housewives are advised to use a duvet cover on a regular basis. It will be the most reliable protection from surface contamination and then you can not turn to dry cleaning. At the same time, you shouldn’t forget to regularly air the product - in order to remove the unpleasant smell, a woolen device for sleeping is only hung out for 30 minutes.
Spots from such a blanket can be removed only by ordinary means. For this purpose, for example, lanolin products, which foam, are perfectly suitable, and the material of the blanket is carefully cleaned with this foam. But still it is best to give the product from time to time for specialized cleaning.
How to wash by hand?
In the bath it is necessary to take water of low temperature, and add a little bit of detergent to the clothes from natural wool.The blanket is left in this mixture for 5 or 6 hours, and after that it is washed with a little effort (it is tipped with hands slightly from different sides). Drain the dirty water and replacing it with cool and clean water, gently rinsing the blanket off. In order to get all the water out of the glass blanket, you need to fold the product in 2-3 layers, and hang it for a couple of hours. After that, the product is gently squeezed out, and it can only be dried outside, transferring as it dries from the dried to the wet side.
Washing in the washing machine
The camel wool blanket can only be washed at a temperature of no more than 30 degrees and only in a gentle mode, which is designed specifically for washing wool. The original laundry detergent is added in a small amount so that there is no difficulty in rinsing out the blanket. It is impossible to squeeze a product made of wool in a machine wash - it can lose its shape once and for all.
You can see a brief overview of one of these blankets in the video below.