How to quickly fill the blanket in the duvet cover?
Quickly fill the blanket in the duvet cover is very difficult: you have to mess around with crumpled and tangled canvas for a long time to find the right ends. Sometimes you need to try hard, straightening all the folds of a volumetric product. If the female half successfully copes with this, the men, not wanting to burden themselves, manage with one blanket without using a cover. This approach to the design of the bed excludes hygiene rest.
To understand how to quickly fill the blanket in the duvet cover, you need to know some of the nuances.
A bit of history
Duvet cover as an element of bed linen appeared in the middle of the twentieth century. Until that time, it was replaced by a sheet, although it was often not used.The product was inaccessible: it was made from expensive fabrics, so it was used by the rich. Half a century later, a duvet cover began to appear in the homes of the poor.
The cost of such models and the quality of the material differed markedly from high-end counterparts.
Duvet Cover Sizes
Blankets can be standard sizes and adapted to the dimensions of the bed. Most often, the dimensions are dictated by the state standard, options that are cooked at home may not adhere to generally accepted standards. Blanket dimensions are adjusted to the parameters of blankets.
All types of accessories are divided into four lines:
- Single bed 75x180 cm - the smallest size of this category. The width of the duvet cover varies up to 120 cm, the height is usually about 190 cm. Among all the fellows such an accessory is less in demand: its width is not convenient for sleeping an adult (it is more appropriate for a teenager).
- One and a half 155x215 cm - a popular and often found "Eurosimber" size. 140x205 cm - Russian size according to GOST. Such a duvet cover is more convenient and is in demand pastel accessories.
- Double (family). The category includes models for two and the parameters "euro" (175x205, 195x215, 220x240, 240x260 cm).
- Children's. 110x140 cm, 125x150 cm - adapted to the size of cots. The “teenage” size is 143x210 cm, 150x200 cm.
Each ruler includes a lot of sizes, which allows the buyer to choose a blanket cover as accurately as possible. When buying, take into account the size of a particular product, although ideally the duvet cover should be at least a couple of centimeters more (it sits after washing).
Some brands take this nuance into account by adding a few centimeters to the length and width of the product.
Duvet Cover Types
This important thing provides hygiene, a comfortable sleep and makes the blanket warmer. It protects the blanket from dust and dirt. In addition to the standard varieties, there are variations of the bilateral plan, the upper and lower sides of which are the same, so the product can be turned over by either side.
Types of models include options that have:
- Bottom cut (Russian manufacturing standard) is a popular type of duvet cover, distinguished by its convenience and possibility of two-sided use. The model is easy to put on using certain tricks, but it has a minus: if there is no fastener, the blanket tries to leave the duvet cover.
- Side cut - A popular version of a baby blanket, in which the blanket does not fall out of the cover. The variety comes from European countries, is difficult to put on, while the cover hides the whole blanket (if the sizes are chosen correctly, there is no risk of a warm blanket falling out).
- Cut in the middle - Soviet version with a square, rectangular, diamond-shaped hole or a narrow strip in the center. It is one of the difficult to refuel products, moreover, it involves the use of only one side.
Such species are becoming a thing of the past, giving way to more mobile counterparts.
Ways to refuel
For each type of duvet covers there are different ways of easy dressing.
Ease is achieved with frequent training and the use of life hacking:
- Standard - known to all refueling method, in which each corner is inserted separately. Suitable for a cut in the middle. In order to facilitate the mission, a blanket is placed in the center of the slot, following the coincidence of the corners of the blanket and duvet cover. Unloved method among hostesses, since the corners are spreading out, the blanket is confused, it requires the help of another person or clamps, which takes a lot of time.
- "Pillowcase" - a blanket is spread out on the bed, then the duvet cover is turned on the wrong side. Pushing hands from the inside to the corners of the duvet cover, grab the corners of the blanket from the narrow side. After that, the blanket is pulled over by itself, the duvet cover is unfolded in the likeness of pillowcases on a pillow and shaken. It remains to put the two remaining corners, fix and shake the blanket.
The method is suitable for seams on the bottom and side of the duvet cover, (with a side seam there will be difficulties if the blanket is large and heavy).
- "Sausage" - life hacking of the Internet from the category of “catch in 60 seconds”, which surprises with its simplicity, ease and has a little trick. The duvet cover turned inside out is spread out on a bed, a blanket is laid on top. Starting from the side without a hole, roll the roll. While holding the corners, turn the blanket over to put it on the resulting sausage, and then unwind and shake it. Layfkhak is suitable for model of a blanket cover with a section from below. The mission is difficult if the cut is small.
This life hack is also suitable for a case with a hole in the middle, but it will be more difficult to fill it up. Here you need to wind two "sausages" to the center and unfold one after the other
- "Rhombus" - method for models with a hole in the center in the form of a rhombus or square. First, the duvet cover is laid on the bed, covering it with a blanket. The two corners are tucked in from the narrow side, the other half of the blanket is pushed into the hole far away. It remains to grab the tucked corners and shake the blanket. It is also possible that half of the duvet cover is turned inside out. In this case, grab the corners and turn out. Next, carry out the procedure as in the previous method.
You can turn both sides, alternately putting them on the blanket. In this case, the duvet cover must lie with the hole down.
- "Sidewall" - a method in which the blanket is rolled into a pipe, where the narrow side is considered the beginning. The resulting bundle is threaded into the side opening of the duvet cover. Free corners are combined with corners of the duvet cover and shaken. If the blanket is heavy, you can help yourself with clothespins or office clips.
Few people know, but the cause of the difficult blanketing of the blanket into the cover can be the material of the duvet cover, as well as the non-observance of the parameters of both pastels. We often scold sellers in the production of non-standard products, not paying attention to the dimensions, and sincerely surprised that the blanket does not want to fit inside the cover.
To simplify the procedure of putting on a duvet cover, to save nerve cells, you should take note of a few simple tips:
- Use natural fabrics. When inserting synthetics will be magnetized, which will slow down the process - the duvet cover will begin to stick to the blanket, rewarding the user with a discharge of static electricity.
- Buy the dimensions correctly, observing the parameters of the blanket. The elements must match: a small size will wrinkle and create lumps, in a large duvet cover the blanket will be “lost” and tangled. In this case, the rest can not be as comfortable as possible.
- Do not hurry. From the first attempt, life hacking can be difficult. It is worth practicing to easily adapt to them and put on a duvet cover quickly. If the first time can take you a few minutes, after a couple of attempts you will be able to keep within the promised 30-60 seconds.
- Secure the finished product. If your children or you are active in your sleep, the blanket packed in the duvet cover will quickly become like a shapeless clot in a bag. Different methods are provided for fixation (for example, ribbons that are tied together), but they should not be extreme (pins or metal clips are not allowed).
- Choose a model with a clasp. Better than other types of duvet covers with a zipper. So the blanket will not get out of its cover, adding to the inconvenience to users. If the fastener is represented by buttons, fasten them at an angle (so that they look inside the duvet cover). This will help you get rid of the unpleasant cold and the pressure of buttons, getting your feet and fingers stuck in the hole in the duvet cover. Another modern type of fastener - buttons, they are convenient due to the internal location.
- Convenience. To make the donning process easier, smooth the iron with the duvet cover - this is both disinfection and smoothness. Or just shake it well, turn it out to make it easier to thread and handle the threading process.
Lovers fill the blankets in the duvet cover is difficult to find. However, there are those who have adapted using simple methods for easy injection. Today, simple and not burdensome dressing the blanket in the duvet cover is available even for men.
Thanks to uncomplicated life hacking, you can pack a duvet quickly and easily without spending a lot of time and nerves.
You can also find out how to quickly and simply fill the blanket in the duvet cover in the video below.