Swan Down Blankets
For a long time in the past, those days when blankets made of natural swan down were popular. In the modern world, more and more people stand up to protect living creatures. It’s impossible to collect the right amount of material to fill a blanket from a live bird. Many individuals died because of their plumage. Because the fluff collected during the natural molting of a bird is not enough to fill even a pillow, especially a blanket.
The swans were brought into the Red Book, and humane manufacturers took into account all the valuable qualities of natural fluff and created its artificial counterpart, not only in no way inferior in quality characteristics, but in many ways superior to it. Artificial swan's down is a polyester microfiber, treated in a special way.Each artificial microfiber is tens of times thinner than a human hair. Special treatment with a thin layer of siliconized material does not allow it to clump together. The material is very elastic, soft and light.
Advantages and disadvantages
In many ways, artificial down is similar to natural raw materials, but it has its advantages and disadvantages. Especially they are relevant when it comes to bedding. The swan-down replacement is valued for a number of obvious advantages:
- antibacterial properties due to the composition of polyester - unfavorable in its environment for the life of mold, fungus and dust mites;
- elasticity due to the spiral form of fibers;
- ease of care - the permissibility of washing in a washing machine and the absence of special requirements for storage and use;
- the absence of odors and the ability not to absorb them;
- the fibers do not break through the fabric of the cover;
- high quality at an affordable cost.
There are blankets from a modern substitute for swan's down and disadvantages, like any other materials. Users say that such products:
- have a very low hygroscopicity, which is a pronounced minus with increased sweating. Although due to this quality, the product dries quickly after washing;
- they accumulate static electricity.
The advantages of artificial filler, of course, much more, and therefore the number of its admirers is large.
Everyone can afford excellent performance and quality features at an affordable price. To sleep in the winter in warmth and comfort.
Blankets with artificial swan down are all-season and winter. They are distinguished by the density and degree of warming. Responsible manufacturers always indicate with dots or lines on the packaging the degree of warmth of the blanket:
- All-season. Choose those who do not like to sleep when it is too hot. Blankets of this type are less dense and bulky than winter options. They are lighter and provide comfort during sleep, without overheating and without causing sweating. This is very important for those who are prone to excessive sweating and sleeping in a fairly heated room. Lebyazhiy poorly absorbs moisture, so sweat under it is undesirable.
- Winter A lush and perfectly warming blanket of this type will demonstrate and confirm its purpose in a cold room and in the offseason. The filler is not caked, as the movement of the sliding fibers independently of each other. Such a product does not lose its shape and long-term operation.
How a blanket will serve in everyday life is determined not only by its type and purpose, but also by the quality of the “filling” and “wrapper” of bedding. Modern synthetics are not inferior to natural materials, and in many respects even surpass them. Artificially created down is better than natural by several criteria:
- crush resistance;
- heat exchange;
- passes air, excluding the greenhouse effect.
Also, synthetic fluff does not fall out of the fabric cover, unlike the natural bird feather.
It is soft and pleasant to the touch. It does not lose its shape even when it has been in use for more than five years. After washing in the machine, it does not lose its original appearance and dries quickly, leaving no stains on the case. Such a down can be packed in different fabrics.
The cover must be chosen from a fabric that not only keeps the filler in a blanket, but will also be comfortable in order to be used in bed. It is preferable if the cover fabric is “downward” and has a natural composition. This guarantees the blanket air microcirculation and hygroscopicity. Here are some of the most popular fabrics for blanket makers and for those who understand quality:
- Poplin. This fabric has some resemblance to a calico, but it is softer and smoother. Blankets with a cover of poplin look beautiful and elegant. Poplin is suitable for all season blankets. It features rich colors and colors. It is in demand among buyers and is widely used by manufacturers of bedding.
- Atlas. Smooth satin fabric is an elegant sheath for any duvet and not only. But more often it is used for synthetic downy fillers. Because they do not wrinkle and lie flat under the satin canvas. Do not let the filler out. Slippery fabric is pleasant to the body by itself, so these products do not need duvet covers.
- Microfiber. Soft and soft to the touch fabric is best suited for winter-looking blankets.She has increased thermoregulation and hygroscopicity. It does not cause allergies, so it can be used by everyone without exception. In such a blanket, you can wrap your head around and enjoy the warm and velvety structure of the fibers of the fabric. Ideal for covers of children's blankets. It is easily erased, dries quickly and does not collect dust.
In addition, you can pay attention to Covers of teak, cotton, satin, perakli and calico. A variety of textures and shades will make the choice more difficult, but will be able to please even the most scrupulous lovers of quality bedding.
Blankets made of artificially made swan down are produced not only of different types, but also have different sizes:
- Baby blanket 105x140 cm in size suitable for babies from birth to the age of five. A older child is better to take the size of 120x180 cm. Manufacturers are worried about all categories of consumers.
- Lovers wrap in a blanket tightly, get one and a half-sleeping item. But it is also suitable for a married couple not too dense physique. It all depends on individual preferences and, of course, on the size of the bed where the blanket is supposed to be used.Euro-size is more often preferred to double blankets. Under it now they sew a lot of beautiful bed linen, which also affects the choice when buying.
- Products 172x205 cm Also available for sale, but they are not very popular due to their non-standard size. Since, choosing a blanket, most often buyers are guided by the length and width of the duvet covers. Unless, of course, do not plan to completely change the bed linen for a new purchase.
Modern domestic manufacturers of bedding sew blankets, in no way inferior to expensive imported counterparts. You can get elite quality at an affordable price by buying a blanket of fluff in a quality quilted or cassette case Russian production. Many factories in Russia work according to Soviet standards approved by decades and choose materials and technologies that inspire confidence.
But this does not mean at all that it is necessary to support exclusively domestic production. Fans of European quality standards will like the product Austrian, Italian and Austrian brands. Covers on their blankets are made of expensive and natural fabrics.Silk, satin, calico, organic cotton - the least that they can offer their customers. And artificial fibers, imitating the quality indicators of down, weightless and subtle, are able to envelop with heat and make the dream the most comfortable and sweet.
How to choose?
Buy a really high-quality thing will help a few simple recommendations:
- Inspecting the intended purchase, note the information on the composition On the stitched label. Make sure you buy exactly the duvet, and not a cover stuffed with a bird's feather.
- Inspect the case, which should be tight enough, smooth and skin-friendly.. Through the fabric should not break through the filler. If this is not the case, it is better to refuse such a purchase. When you first wash the situation with the "loss" of the filler will be aggravated. There cannot be such a minus in a quality product.
- Decide on the size of the blanket based on for whom it is purchased.
- The cover fabric of the blanket should not cause suspicion. A good filler will never be placed in a cheap case of unreliable low grade material.
- Do not purchase bedding in questionable outlets., in natural markets and with hands.From such a thing there will be neither warmth nor calm at heart. Since the next season will have to go for a new blanket.
Branded stores - the best place to purchase products for the bed, which without problems will warm you for at least five years in a row.
How blankets are checked for quality, see below.
How to care?
Caring for a blanket of artificial swan down is much easier and more pleasant than for its natural “progenitor”. Observing the manufacturer's recommendations, the product service period will exceed all warranty periods:
- You can wash the blanket in the washing machine in the “fluff, feather” or “delicate wash” mode (manual mode). The most optimal temperature for washing is 30 degrees, the maximum allowable temperature is 40 degrees.
- It is allowed to press the blanket in a centrifuge.
- Allowed drying straightened product weight.
- Drying in the drum is prohibited and not advisable - the blanket dries very quickly after the spinning.
- It is recommended to slightly shake the washed product so that the filler fibers spread out.
- Do not forget about airing a blanket of fluff in the offseason.
- It is possible to store a blanket, having placed in a vacuum package.
- Do not use aggressive detergents and bleaching agents when washing.
With the care of a new blanket will remain intact for many years, warming themselves in bad weather and cold. It will become a favorite bedding and will occupy an honorable place in the interior. Decorate your life with a warm accessory and make the bed the center of your bedroom. Because with a blanket of weightless fluff, life is easier and you sleep better.