Summer and winter blankets: variations and differences
Calm, comfortable sleep is the basis of body health and pep. Therefore, a comfortable mattress, a soft pillow, and, of course, a cozy blanket are so important. It is very important to choose the right blanket, under which you will feel peaceful and serene. To know which one is right for you, you need to get to know them better.
What is different and what made the blankets?
Blankets are divided into winter and summer. They all have different fabric cover, size, styling options, the density of the filler, the degree of heat. But the main difference and the main selection criterion is the type of filler.
Winter blanket should be the most suitable for your physiological and psychological characteristics. Some people feel hot all the time, others cannot get warm.In order to not play the role of the Princess Nesmeyany (hot - cold) during the long winter nights, but to wake up slept and full of energy, choose a product under which you will not be cold and not hot, but just warm.
The filler for this important bedding is natural and synthetic. Natural fillers include cotton wool, down, wool, silk, bamboo.
Vatu can be attributed to the classic, traditional fillers. Not so much time has passed since then, when a quilt was almost the only way to warm up in bed. The advantages include low price, good moisture absorption and heat preservation, hypoallergenic, environmental friendliness. But today the demand for them has decreased, because it is not a very practical copy and the list of claims against it is quite impressive:
- the quilt is rather heavy;
- well absorbing moisture, gives it back badly;
- because of its density, it cannot create a streamlined effect, that is, take the form of a covered body and exclude drafts;
- is an active dust collector;
- with time, cotton wool crumbles;
- difficult to clean: it is incredibly difficult to wash,and if it succeeds, it is even harder to dry.
Down - the warmest winter blanket. This is the opinion of most buyers. The fundamental quality here is maximum heat with minimum weight. By the criterion of lightness, the downy version is ahead of all others. In the manufacture of models using eider, goose and duck down. As well as a mixture of down and feathers.
Even pronouncing the word "downy", an association arises with ease, gentleness and comfort. The warmest copy of a winter blanket weighs no more than one kilogram. The lightness of the blanket and its ability to take shape of the body allow the sleeping person to feel covered by a warm air cloud. It has good thermoregulation.
Careful care and observance of some rules will ensure a long service life of the product, keep it fluffy and warm, and allow the owner to enjoy tenderness and softness for a long time.
It is recommended to regularly beat the product to avoid the formation of lumps, to dry and air, so that the fluff does not dampen.
Quality and comfort are always in the price. The cost of downy pleasure depends on what bird “shared” its down for filling your blanket. Duck down in this price list is in third place. On the second - fluff goose. The fluff of the northern loon is recognized as the most expensive, and there are good reasons for this: the warmest, it is difficult to collect, and also has some healing properties.
The only consumers who are not advised to enjoy "heavenly bliss" are people who are prone to allergies. It is not recommended for them to acquire another type of blankets - wool, which also cause allergic reactions of the body. But they can be useful for people with problems of the musculoskeletal system.
We are talking about the fillers of sheep and camel wool, which are recognized as high-quality insulation.
In winter, quilted woolen blankets are very popular. Compared with the down, they are heavier, but less voluminous. They absorb moisture well, keeping dry heat and maintaining a constant temperature. Durable, durable, durable. Very easy to clean: they can be easily cleaned, they even withstand a date with a washing machine "in a sparing mode." Just like all natural things, they like to bask in the sun and air out.
The cost of sheep wool is less than the cost of camel, but in the healing properties of one another is not inferior.
The problem with these fillers is that they are liked by both people and moths, so they must be stored together with means for protecting against insects.
Not to mention another filler from the down of the animal - cashmere. For him, the supplier of down is mountain goat. The filler is hypoallergenic, resistant to rolling, wear, does not irritate the skin, very soft and soft to the touch, durable, warm, light.
Perspective are bamboo blankets. Having recently appeared on the market, a bamboo fiber filler has won many fans among consumers who have discovered a lot of advantages and benefits:
- good heat conductor and temperature controller;
- possesses natural properties to destroy bacteria and fungi;
- perfectly breathable, allowing the skin to breathe;
- does not cause allergies;
- does not accumulate dust and odors;
- wear resistant;
- not demanding to care.
All these features are inherent in high-quality, natural product. Therefore, if you decide to try this novelty on yourself, be very careful in choosing not to feel deceived and disappointed.
Having dealt with natural fillers, weighing all the pros and cons, it remains to analyze artificial fillers, quite common in the modern market: synthetic winterizer, holofiber, tinsuleyt, polyester fiber, nanofiber. Differing among themselves with small nuances, their main qualities are common:
- long service life;
- safety, non-toxic;
- the absence of components that cause allergies;
- unpretentious care;
- rapid recovery of volume, shape.
Also, the ability to not absorb extraneous odors, do not ignite, keep warm well. In them mites and other insect pests will not start. There are also disadvantages: synthetic blankets are not hygroscopic and quickly electrify.
When choosing between pluses, minuses, nuances and peculiarities, remember: the main criterion is convenience and comfort.
Winter and summer blankets have one goal - to provide a comfortable microclimate. But the winter should warm, and the summer - not to freeze from the drafts of open windows or air conditioners. Fillers in summer variants are preferable to choose natural, “breathing”, well absorbing moisture, hypoallergenic: bamboo, cotton, silk.
Under a light bamboo blanket, a cotton-covered terry cloth, a thin woolen blanket in a satin case, you will be very comfortable and not hot in summer. A gentle silk cloud with a smooth cool surface is an ideal option for summer. The only question is whether you can financially afford this oasis of bliss and bliss.
The size of the blanket you choose depends on the size of your bed as well as your sleeping pattern. It is very important that the blanket does not hamper a sleeping person and allow him to toss and turn and get comfortable in bed. Therefore, the blanket is mainly taken with a "margin", that is, more than the width of the bed.
Depending on the size, the following categories are distinguished:
- children, which can be rectangular or square and fit both in the crib and in the baby’s pram;
- one and a half or single. One and a half, probably, because the standard width is one and a half meters, although sometimes it can be a little wider. Very comfortable to look after. Due to the convenience, two single-and-a-half blankets are included in the “family” suite, designed for a double bed;
- double bedfor a standard double bed.For couples who are completely uncomfortable under different blankets. The width of such blankets is from 1 m 72 cm to 1 m 80 cm;
- euro-size. It is becoming more and more popular today. Two-meter width will allow the couple to feel comfortable and not to try to “pull” the blanket over themselves: enough for both and no one will feel deprived.
Which is better to choose?
Choosing a blanket is a very important and responsible matter. It ultimately depends on your mood and emotional state, because a healthy sleep is an important component of a person’s mental health. So, we list the selection criteria.
- Degree of warmth: very warm, warm, standard or normal, light, light summer. The choice is purely individual, aimed at the physiological features of each and temperature in the bedroom. Depends on the density and material of the filler.
- Filler density measured in grams per square meter, and the larger the number, the warmer the blanket. The warmest blanket has a density of more than 400 g per square. m. For the summer blanket, this figure is not more than 200. The material of the filler in this article we have already considered in some detail.
- The size of the blanket. This criterion is also chosen based on your habits and preferences.
- Embodiment. Decide for which season you choose a blanket, and what will be more comfortable for you: a blanket, a bedspread or a blanket.
- Sewing methods. The service life of the product largely depends on the method of fixing the filler. Linear and quilted firmware are considered the most short-lived, where the filler quickly gathers into clumps. Better proven sectional and cassette mounting methods, as well as "kostep" - fixing filler curly stitching.
- Blanket Covers. The main requirement for the fabric - the ability to keep the filler inside the blanket, do not let it "get out" outside. And they must make the blanket soft, breathable, comfortable, durable. The more fluffy and disobedient the filler, the tighter the fabric should be. Universal for covers is cotton. Good reviews deserve tic, satin, calico, jacquard, silk. Their main characteristic is reliability and naturalness.
- Weight. Also an important criterion. One wants to feel covered with a light cloud, another, on the contrary, needs weight to feel comfortable and protected.
- Health safety. People with allergies should be very attentive to the study of the properties of the filler and the cover, and choose only hypoallergenic materials.
- Price. Choosing a cheaper, do not sacrifice quality. Under a cheap blanket, you will be uncomfortable to sleep, it will quickly wear out and you will become a hostage of the saying “the miser pays twice.”
Choosing a blanket, compare their characteristics, properties, do not forget to take into account their habits and preferences. Today's market is so rich and diverse that you are sure to find the best option.
How to choose a blanket for the summer or winter, see the following video.