Cotton wool in a blanket is a material whose quality has been tested for many decades. And it still remains relevant and in demand in many families and various institutions.
Modern consumers make a choice in favor of natural and environmentally friendly materials. And since such a filler, as wool, meets many of the requirements for products of this kind, this makes wadded products very popular, even in our days. Everyone still remembers that a quality blanket made of cotton for a long time retains heat, perfectly absorbs moisture, is a non-allergenic product.
- Modern blankets, which use elongated cotton wool, no longer crumple and serve a much longer period.The service life of these blankets with good and quality care may be about 30 years.
- Also, the quilt has a low price, which makes it so popular among many other types of blankets with various fillings.
- The eco-friendly component of wool together with natural linen, which is used to decorate the upper part of the product (it can be calico or tick, as well as chintz) makes the blanket 100% natural and high quality.
- A blanket with a cotton filling is very warm, under it you will definitely not be cold even in the most frosty winter, but in the summer heat you will hardly sweat using it. Such a product is not pricked or electrified.
But, apart from a number of positive aspects, such blankets have some drawbacks:
- The product made of cotton wool will be really heavy, not every man in the street will be comfortable under such a weight. But for those ordinary people who are accustomed to such a significant weight, it will be very difficult to change this habitually heavy veil for the body to something lighter.
- The product is extremely difficult to erase, because of its great weight. Also, when washing can appear lumps of filler, which then can be very difficult to shake.Dry dry cleaning can leave stains on the product.
- Absorbing excessive moisture, cotton wool does not have the ability to evaporate it, so this blanket will require frequent drying - at least once every 3-4 months.
According to the types of tailoring, our usual quilt is divided into 3 common types:
- Quilted productswhich are made on special machines. In these products, the filler is carefully fixed with a special stitch. Comforter quilted type is very popular among consumers. His first and foremost appreciated for the fact that under his heavy weight you can hide from any, even the most severe cold.
- Carteptic blankets have significant thermal insulation, compared with other models. They are made by hand due to the complex execution of patterns.
- Sleep Cassette Cover - expensive and most capricious in operation, is an individual section - they are called cassettes. In each of them cotton is placed. Thanks to these artificial partitions, the cotton wool will not move or move all the time when using the product.
Cotton blankets come in various sizes:
- A double quilt can be suitable for two people sleeping in the same bed or for someone sleeping on a large bed. Such a product will have standard dimensions - 172x205 cm.
- For adolescents, as well as adults sleeping one by one, one-and-a-half products with dimensions of 140x205 cm are more often purchased.
- Cotton blankets for newborn babies that need constant warmth are considered especially popular. Here the dimensions can be from 80x120 cm to 110x140 cm.
Wadded products with a satin side have always been very popular among ordinary people. Such products will not slip; when using a duvet cover, the elegant side of the fabric will be visible in its slot, without the duvet cover, the satin side can simply cover the bed, and this will be enough for the bed.
Fabric fabrics that are used for sewing the upper part of the blanket have the most different colors, because this type of blanket can be easily operated without a duvet cover. Nowadays, given the stylish styles of covers, as well as the desire of ordinary people to buy only natural materials, more and more often covers for products are made from cotton.The coloring is supposed either monophonic - non-dirty shades, or with original ornaments. If you are going to use a quilt without a duvet cover, then its color may well coincide with the color of your bedroom or, on the contrary, sharply contrast with it to become a bright accent in the bedroom decor.
Tips for choosing
When choosing a quilt, you should be guided by the following characteristics:
- The size of the product. It is selected depending on the size of the bed where you are going to actively use this product. Incorrectly chosen and too small blanket will not give you the necessary heat for the whole body, too large a blanket will interfere with sleep and good sleep.
- The degree of warmth of the product. You can buy a model blanket of cotton wool for a cold winter - these will be heavy, thick products that will warm you at any temperature, or you can choose a model for summer - a lighter version of a cotton blanket.
- The benefits of filler. Choose wadded blankets, which include cotton from 100% cotton, and then you will be able to appreciate all the quality characteristics of this wadded blanket.
How to care?
A quilt requires special attention while caring for it. You can wash such a product either by yourself using a handwash, or using dry cleaning services. Pushing such a product into the drum of a washing machine will not work - it simply will not go there.
To wash a warm quilt, you need to pour warm water into a large container (you can go to the bath) and put the whole product there. Such washing is usually carried out if an unpleasant odor starts to emanate from the whole blanket, and you should immediately get rid of it. In this case, the dirtiest places of the product must be carefully fixed and then thoroughly rinsed. To squeeze the product, twist it, it is impossible. To keep all the liquid from the blanket well into the glass, it can be temporarily put on a special bath grate.
After all the water has been drained, the product will need to be dried thoroughly. So that when drying the blanket does not lose its pomp, it will need to be periodically turned from one side to another and knocked out. It is impossible to hang such a product so as not to deform the filler. It is best to wash this kind of product in the summer, because it is not easy to dry so much cotton.For hand washing such a blanket you need to use liquid powder, because it is easier to wash it out of the filling fibers, without leaving ugly stains.
Sometimes this product will also need dry cleaning. You can simply knock out the bedspread or use a regular vacuum cleaner.
If this is a blanket for the baby, you can try to wash it in the washing machine. Choose the most gentle mode, set the temperature to 30 degrees and turn off the spin mode. When washing a cotton blanket, you must also put special balls in the drum, which are used for washing down products or replacing them with regular tennis balls. This method will reduce the wadding of the cotton during washing. After the product has dried, it must be vacuumed again. This will get rid of the remnants of detergent from the filler.
Blankets made of cotton wool do not let the moisture that they received, they need to be dry out from time to time. It is better to dry them in outdoor conditions, without the participation of direct sunlight, so that the cover does not burn out, and so that your new product does not lose its beautiful appearance.
Use in the interior
To create a stylish and beautiful decor for your bedroom, you can use an elegant quilt made from satin fabric.It will become for you not only a cozy refuge in cold snowy nights, such a thing will make any room more beautiful. When choosing a cotton blanket with a satin side, you can not buy a blanket. The bed, decorated by him, in itself will have a stylish appearance. Especially if this satin side is decorated with an original pattern or luxurious embroidery.
In the next video you can see the process of manufacturing a quilt from “Valetex”.