Wireless lighting in the apartment
Modern technologies enable designers to experiment with the design of the premises, giving the interior style, comfort, beauty and all this combined with safety.
One of the new technical advances is considered to be wireless lighting in an apartment, which has recently been rapidly gaining popularity.
What it is
Thanks to wireless lighting, it became possible to control the luminous flux absolutely from anywhere in the room. This system is a set of special equipment, during installation of which you can control the lighting devices, and you can also adjust the lighting level using the remote control.
The system for wireless lighting control includes a radio relay and a remote control, also known as a switch. Thanks to the generator, built into the remote control, electric pulses are generated, which transmit a signal to the radio relay, closing or disconnecting the power to the electric link. Often the radio relay is installed near the light device, or inside it, if space permits.
With the introduction of wireless lighting in a person's life, it became possible to create an original room design using a variety of lamps.
A wireless panel is a system consisting of conductive layers in which LED lamps are embedded. These panels are quite thin. With their help, you can create a variety of unusual decorating options.
Fastening of these products is possible to various surfaces: ceiling, walls or floor. Recently, this type of lighting is often used on advertising stands or monitors. The wireless panel can be installed as primary or secondary lighting.
Due to the small size of light bulbs, it is possible to create a variety of unique shapes and patterns.
Wireless lighting system has several advantages:
- no need to damage the walls, laying the wiring when changing the scheme of devices, which saves time and materials;
- increased comfort conditions due to the possibility of installing remote switches in any part of the room. Such devices are quite mobile, allow you to control the lighting from anywhere in the room and have a fairly large radius of work;
- ease and simplicity of the installation process of such a system without contact with the main electrical network of the building;
- full safety equipment;
- stylish design, the possibility of original interior design;
- automation of work of several devices at once;
- energy savings when installing additional sensors that turn on the light if necessary.
Consider the list of advantages of wireless panels:
- fairly small thickness, about 2 cm;
- low weight, as the material of manufacture is polyurethane;
- excellent sound insulation and electrical insulation characteristics, if properly installed;
- high strength and moisture resistance;
- variety of panel finishing materials: woven, dyed;
- possibility of using material from two sides;
- ease and simplicity of installation of lamps and the panel itself: it is enough to make a hole in the required place and place a light bulb;
- energy saving, as the panel voltage used is 12 watts.
Despite a number of positive aspects, the wireless lighting system still has its drawbacks:
- quite high price. Not everyone can afford the purchase of such technology;
- if it is a remote control system, then control of the batteries in the console or a stable Wi-Fi signal is necessary, otherwise it will not be possible to manipulate the lighting.
- wireless panels require special electrical equipment, such as a connector and a transformer, to be installed in an easily accessible place;
- when installing metal elements, additional insulation is required.
As a rule, all wireless lighting systems are similar to each other and differ in the type of transmitted signals, the main of which are considered infrared, radio wave and pulse.
- Infrared signalAs a rule, it is used for outdoor lighting in private buildings and in public places. The principle of operation of this type of remote control is similar to that used in the management of TVs. Such systems can control lamps that are in sight at a distance of up to 10 m.
The ability to control all lighting devices in the house from one place with the help of this signal is excluded.
- Radio wave signal It has a slightly larger radius of impact. The most productive are considered to be pulsed signals that provide good remote control of lighting. Each element in the set of this wireless lighting has a radio sensor that transmits a signal to the lamp using the remote.
The radius of the signal depends on the device model used. In the presence of the antenna reaches 3 km.
Modern systems have an additional function of delayed shutdown. They can be equipped with motion sensors, which makes such inventions very popular among comfort lovers.
Remote controls (remote control) can be shared or individual for each room.Devices have a different number of channels (in standard - 2). Most often, the remote contains 5 buttons needed to control various devices.
Along with the consoles, you can control the lighting using a special device - a common controller installed anywhere in the room. Usually it is mounted at the entrance to the corridor so that the person who entered can immediately turn on the light. This device is a small touch or keypad fixed to any surface.
There are also more simplified versions of wireless light control systems, such as smart lamps and chandeliers on the control panel.
Currently, there are a large number of models of wireless lighting devices. They differ in technical characteristics. The most popular options are:
- Wireless multi-system Zamel. It has 2 channels, the radius of action of the radio installation is up to 200 m, it is equipped with the optical signaling function of the equipment.
- The Coco AWST-8802 model. This device has only two keys, powered by batteries. Of the advantages: the possibility of touch control, connection to Wi-Fi, lighting control for a specified time.
- Wireless device "Delumo" carries out control of three zones at once not only lighting, but also other various electrical appliances. Extends the life of light bulbs.
- Radio-controlled switches "Noteh" have good technical characteristics, a wide choice of models, a guarantee of quality of the manufacturer and reasonable prices.
- NooLite radio-controlled kits have the ability to expand the system, select the required light intensity for each channel. Often used in the system of "smart home".
How to make a wireless control of the light in the apartment with your own hands, you can learn from the video below.