LED bulbs with motion sensor
LEDs are unique sources of light that consume little energy, while emitting bright luminous flux. Today they are used to make various lighting fixtures.
Among all this diversity should highlight the LED lamp with a motion sensor. The design appeared on the market relatively recently, but has already gained popularity among users.
LED lamps are made in the form of a plastic or steel bulb, which is installed on a metal frame. Today there are products with a motion sensor and light. They are much more practical than the classical models, as they allow you to control the inclusion of the system without human intervention.
Such a construction consists of several basic elements:
- Frame Often it consists of a cap and a glass bulb, where the device is placed.
- LEDs. They are connected to a special board, and also have an aluminum frame for heat dissipation. They are located on the surface of the board they are on its perimeter in a different order. Please note that the number of LEDs may be different, depending on the power and manufacturer of the lamp.
- Infrared sensor. This system consists of a signal emitter and its processor. It is mounted directly in the middle of the board, where the LEDs are located. All manufacturers try to minimize the distance from the IR sensor and protective glass. Such a system acts as a switch in the case of a person entering the zone of action.
The range of the sensor varies in a different range, but often does not exceed 8 m.
It should be noted that the motion sensor can be connected to a standard diode lamp. But at the same time this design will be located outside the lamp housing. This allows you to adapt its area of action for specific human needs and eliminate the dependence on the location of the lamp.
LED-lamps with motion sensors are used quite often, as they are very convenient and practical. The operation of this system can be described in several successive steps:
- The human body emits infrared radiation constantly. Therefore, if it enters the zone of the sensor on the lamp, this stream reaches the Fresnel lens and the thermal sensor.
- After that, the mechanism analyzes the heat flux and, if it is quite powerful, performs the inclusion of a light bulb. To do this, it connects a broken electrical circuit.
- When the object disappears from the range of the two-wire sensor, the device gives a signal to open the circuit. In some lamps, the system does not turn off instantly, but only after a certain period of time. At the same time the device shines, but only with a much lower brightness.
The sensor can be operated from the network, and using batteries. Therefore, these devices are suitable for both home and large industrial facilities.
Advantages and disadvantages
The use of LED bulbs with a motion sensor is a unique opportunity to make your home more comfortable. The popularity of these structures is due to several advantages:
- Remote light switch. You do not need to move the switch, which is responsible for a particular light bulb. Please note that they are also complemented by switches that allow you to operate the system separately.
- Easy installation. LED lamps outwardly practically do not differ from their classic counterparts. They have the same base, which allows them to be screwed into standard holes.
- Characteristics of light. These indicators are also practically no different from other types of lamps. At the same time, there are several modifications of such products on the market, which allows them to be selected for specific working conditions.
- Efficiency. This is due to the peculiarities of LEDs, which consume significantly less energy than other types of lamps. For example, a single 5-watt LED device will replace a conventional incandescent light bulb with a characteristic of 60 watts.
- Cost The price of such lamps is slightly higher than other models of devices. But this is leveled by the long and reliable operation of the system.
But lamps with motion sensors are not universal and have several disadvantages:
- The possibility of an incorrect response. This is due to the fact that IR sensors respond to heat, which is also emitted by other sources. The main problem is created by pets. But there are some modifications of devices that allow changing sensitivity. This in some way reduces the likelihood of triggering on animals.
- If the light bulb is installed on the street, then its inclusion can also occur in strong winds. This makes it impossible to control the operation of the system. Therefore, the best option would be to use light bulbs in the porches or inside the house.
- Place of installation. Often these bulbs are installed inside the apartment, which allows it to control the entire room. But if the room is large, then it is important to choose the right attachment. If the light bulb does not work at a certain moment, then it makes it just useless. Please note that mounting on the wall limits the range of the device.
LED bulbs with motion sensors can be divided into groups according to several criteria. Among them, one of the main ones is the type of sensor and its purpose. Depending on this emit:
- Devices with motion sensors. They work on the basis of infrared radiation. Other types of sensors are practically not found, as they have a limited range or high cost.
- Lightbulb with sound sensor. They work when exposed to acoustic waves. At the same time, the volume of the signal can also be adjusted, which allows you to exclude the inclusion of lamps when the voice of animals or street sounds.
- Products with light sensors. This type of sensor allows you to turn on the light in a certain period of the day. They are used as separate devices rather seldom, since they do not allow efficient use of energy. Often they are complemented by infrared sensors that work with them in a pair.
As for the LED lamps themselves, there are also several types of them.
They are classified according to the color of the light flux:
- White. Devices are intended for use on the street.
- Neutral. Light bulbs of this type also emit white color, but they are already used in the organization of lighting in industrial facilities.
- Yellow. Warm luminous flux, which is perfect for residential premises.
- Multicolored.Bulbs of this type are mainly used for interior decoration as an auxiliary system.
Criterias of choice
Light bulbs with motion sensors are a kind of classic models, but only with improved functionality. When buying LED modifications should pay attention to several indicators:
- Device power. Often the intensity of the light flux and its brightness depend on it. These parameters are selected only for personal needs.
- The power of light. This value is indicated in lumens on each instrument. The higher it is, the brighter the luminous flux.
- Temperature color. Conventionally, the radiation is divided into cold and hot. Cold shades start with a temperature of more than 5,000 K. In the lower range, the luminous flux is warm and yellow.
- The range of the sensor and the ability to configure it. Today, sensors can be triggered depending on various parameters. It is important that they do it only in a certain place and at the right time.
LED bulbs with motion sensors are unique designs that are great for both industrial facilities and residential premises.
Prefer only products of well-known manufacturers. This will ensure long and reliable operation of the entire system.
Further review of the LED lamp with a motion sensor.