Formation of the interior always implies a thorough study of details. It is under this condition that the image of the living space is filled with meaning, it turns out balanced and complete. An integral part of the modern design of the apartment - decorative pillows, designed to ensure the comfort of accommodation in any corner, increasing the degree of warmth and comfort in the house.
Textile accessories emphasize the visual appeal of the components of the furnishings and act as bright accents that support the design. By their color, shape and pattern, you can easily determine the stylistic orientation of the interior. When you do not want to resort to radical transformations in housing, but the soul requires a change, then you can simply and quickly, and with the help of decorative pillows, and, most importantly, effectively realize your plans. How exactly, let's find out.
People receive information about the surrounding reality mainly with the help of organs of vision. The main everyday irritant for many of us is the discrepancy between the appearance of certain items and our own taste. Especially when it comes to things that fill our apartments and houses.
The person is so arranged that even the ultra-modern decoration, the new furniture set and the “smart” equipment cannot fully satisfy his natural desire to express his individuality. The solution of such a difficult task is best to entrust home textiles, namely decorative pillows.
These accessories perform five essential functions:
- Serve as a link between the elements of the situation, making the layout logical and holistic.
- Add attractiveness aesthetic component of living space and the convenience of upholstered furniture.
- Favorably emphasize style execution of the interior.
- Become accent objects, diluting a monochrome or neutral design, helping to achieve color balance.
- Contribute to the creation of a relaxing, cozy, truly homely atmosphere.
Competently selected accessories can also act as a style-forming element of the interior. Such a result is possible if you pay due attention to the choice of decorative pillows.
Interior cushions differ in purpose, shape, size, material for the manufacture of the cover and filler.
- Functional load. The first association that occurs at the mention of decorative pillows - accessories for furniture. The possibilities of their use in order to increase the comfort of placement on upholstered furniture are endless. They serve as additional armrests on armchairs and sofas, where handrails are not structurally provided or there are handrails, but hard wood, act as head restraints on beds and instead of a backrest on ottomans.
In modern corner convertible sofas, the back is equipped with cushions on lifting mechanisms. In addition to the models for the sofa, there are floor-standing products. They can be used as an alternative to poufs or enclosed under your feet.
- Exclusive copies - Unusual designer pillows in the original performance are solely decoration.Funny handmade personalized accessories give the interior a bright personality, making it memorable. Funny children's models of pillows-toys decorate the rooms of little explorers, helping to develop the imagination and imagination of the child.
- Design features. Because of the different options for fastening elements in decorative pillows, the products are different in appearance and durability.
The model range is presented:
- Classic dumka - the most common option of accessories in the form of a square or rectangle.
- Sectional modelswhich have two surfaces and an insert as a connecting element and for giving of additional volume.
- Turkish cushions with laid assemblies and many counter creases, whereby they acquire pomp. This type of accessories characterizes a single-color solution or a traditional oriental ornament.
- Quilted stylish products, where the front side is decorated with a neat stitch, so that the fabric is not wrinkled, and the pillow keeps its shape well.
- Pillows rollers with a complex design. It is these structures that, if necessary, perform the function of a headrest or armrest.
It is not at all necessary to choose the same models: the picturesque rows of diverse pillows look no less impressive than the compositions of identical accessories.
A variety of forms of interior cushions allows you to become the owner of a unique interior.
Popular geometric shapes:
- Square - the classic version of the execution of the arms. Square models are universally suitable for all types of sofas, armchairs and beds.
- Circle and oval - such forms are typical for Turkish accessories.
- Rectangle - one more actual decision of standard cushions. The combinations of rectangular and round accessories of different sizes look great.
- Triangle and polygon variations. Original triangular and polygonal models help to achieve a balance in the design of the form.
It simply makes no sense to list all non-standard forms, because the imagination of designers has no limits. Products can be as flat in the form of cheesecakes, and bulk as an apple, ball or candy that is certainly very beautiful.
When choosing decorative pillows, it is important to adhere to the overall style of the room to avoid contradictions. Find out what accessories harmoniously complement the interiors in popular styles.
- Shabby chic. Any exotic options from natural / artificial fur, in the form of hearts, lips or sweets, richly decorated with ruffles, bows, rhinestones, sequins, and glass beads are appropriate here.
- Modern. In cases with modern 3D photo printing, with wavy patterns, floral ornaments. Materials - flax, cotton, burlap. Classic colors - white, black, beige, additional - red, purple, green. If the pillows are located asymmetrically - not bad, the democratic modern style welcomes some rebelliousness in the design.
- Provence. Classic, round, oval or in the form of "logs" with frills and a button in the middle. Light, mostly light unobtrusive shades. The colors are polka-dotted, striped, with small flowers or with a rooster - the symbol of France. Decorated with hand embroidery, lace, applique, frills.
- In oriental style. Bright colors and luxurious materials, decorated with gold tassels, embroidery, fringe.Do not forget about floor cushions that can be randomly scattered on a soft carpet, giving the interior a resemblance to the Scheherazade tent.
- In the sea. Monochrome white, blue, beige or light brown to match the furniture or wooden floor. Rollers and pillows with a striped pattern in blue and white colors emphasize the marine nature of the romantic, cozy and airy interior. Fantasy pillows - lifebuoys will fall by the way in the nursery.
- In the American. White, black, gray or a combination of similar colors, square in shape, can be flat. Beds are made with a large number of diverse pillows, this style welcomes an abundance of soft decor in the bedroom.
The standard dimensions of the classic sofa accessory are 40x40 cm. For custom furniture, models are 50x50 cm or large rectangular models 50x70 cm. Children's furniture can be interestingly beaten with small 20x20 cm arms, and large pieces of furniture in spacious rooms can be added with large accessories. To complement the large furniture used products 70x70 cm.
In the interior cushions provided a pair of covers. In the first, the inner of dense material is the filling, and already on top of the product is closed with a decorative outer cover.
Fabrics for covers
For the manufacture of the inner cover is necessarily calico or high-density cotton. Whereas external decorative covers sew mainly from upholstery fabrics.
- leather, eco-leather. The advantage of a natural material is a presentable appearance, an artificial analogue is no less beautiful, but it is much cheaper;
- from felt - light, soft, smooth fabric with an unusually pleasant texture;
- velvet - luxurious material that will not electrify and attract dust;
- tapestry considered one of the most beautiful, due to the use of exquisite tapestry with a variety of ornaments;
- chintz - natural, eco-friendly material, thin and very gentle to the touch. Great summer option;
- from flax - thin, but strong, durable fabric with high hygroscopicity.
Fur models and unusual specimens deserve special attention, where the design provides for fastened aluminum plates like the ancient chain mail.Products are selected according to the criteria: wear resistance, tactile qualities, individual aesthetic preferences.
Decorative pillows can be natural or artificial filling.
Modern manufacturers use the following types of natural fillers:
- Goose / Swan Feather / Down with good thermal insulation properties. They clearly describe the anatomical bends of the body and have the ability to quickly restore shape.
- Camel / sheep wool - moisture resistant materials with unsurpassed thermostatic properties.
- Silk - wear-resistant, moisture-resistant, durable material with hypoallergenic properties. Provides maximum tactile comfort regardless of the season.
- Bamboo fiber - environmentally friendly material that is pleasant to the body and does not cause undesirable reactions.
- Buckwheat husk with healing properties and orthopedic effect.
From synthetic fillers, preference is given to:
- synthetic winterizer;
- PPU (polyurethane foam).
General characteristics of these materials:
- Good dust-repellent properties.
- Do not accumulate static electricity.
- Not susceptible to odors.
- Low hygroscopicity.
These fillers fix the head and neck in the correct position, ensuring proper rest. As for the price, foam cushions and paddings are cheaper than others, but they will not last long.
Colors and prints
The ability of color to influence our emotional state is a scientifically proven fact. Considering that decorative pillows in the interior play a far from the last role, try to think carefully about the choice of color solutions of accessories.
It is important to take into account:
- functional purpose and the size of the room;
- common palette and color temperature of the interior;
- style registration;
- color performance available textiles.
What colors of pillows will organically look in thematic interiors:
- Indian - red, yellow, green, decorated with golden tassels. Another option - a number of the most simple monochromatic pads, but of different shades.
- Ecodesign - beige, gray, brown and pale blue accessories.
- Fusion accepts a large number of multi-colored pillows of warm, rich shades of the background or a bright print.
- Grange - in neutral shades of beige, brown, milky, graphite blue. Accent combinations contain noble shades of gold, copper, silver.
- Vintage - romantic pastel shades - lilac, pink and blue, playful prints with cats or touching stripes.
- Safari - under a tree or skin with images of representatives of the animal world of Africa - with tigers, lions, panthers, zebras.
- Pop Art - with a photo printing, bright abstract drawings or a geometrical pattern.
- Japanese - monophonic or two-color with inscriptions from hieroglyphs.
- Mediterranean - warm shades of beige, orange, yellow and rich gradations of turquoise.
- Moroccan - purple, blue, yellow, purple, necessarily red, symbolizing the element of fire.
If even the simplest interior cushions are able to liven up the situation, then what about accessories, intricately decorated with all sorts of decorative elements:
- with tassels at the corners and fluffy fringe - ideal for Oriental styles;
- with puffs - voluminous assemblies and with folds - such pillows look fluffy and airy;
- with lace, completely covering the front side or lace inserts that always looks elegant;
- with piping around the perimeterwhich gives expressiveness to a drawing or braid as a finish for ruffs and flounces;
- with bows - single large or composition of several bows;
- with applications on various subjects, decorative lacing and buttons;
- with embroidery satin ribbons, embroidered rhinestones, beads, sequins and decorated with multi-colored feathers.
How to pick up?
Everything about the color, shape and design of decorative pillows, we found out. How to achieve a harmonious design? For the result to meet the expectations, it is enough to use one or several basic principles.
- Making a tone to tone is a universal option. Plain pillows on a corner sofa of the same color - a winning combination for discreet and strict classic interiors.
- Monochrome design - here the pillows are independent elements, not taking into account the color of the existing components of the situation.A wide sofa with black and white accessories will organically fit into modern interiors.
- Accents. Using pillows creates the effect of color spots to attract attention. Wooden sofa bed in neutral shades or black upholstered furniture decorated with bright, juicy cushions without / with a print.
- Multicolor design. Suitable for modern, neutral, oriental interiors. Angular sofas with large pillows and rollers of all colors of the rainbow will make the living atmosphere, adding dynamics, and cheerful.
- “Two plus one” scheme. Original sofas from a pallet with two-color cushions that support the upholstery shade look fresh and unusual, creating a relaxed and relaxing atmosphere. Such a solution is also suitable for an angular type kitchen sofa.
- Combination method. These schemes effectively interact with each other, it is only necessary to show imagination and observe the measure.
And the last. The allowable number of shades is five, more will create a color vinaigrette, and this already smacks of bad taste.
Like any home textile, interior cushions require regular care.Products with natural fillers are systematically treated with a quartz lamp and ventilated. Fabric covers are washed, with the exception of velor and velvet, which is recommended exclusively dry cleaning with a special brush.
A couple of times a year you need to use the services of dry cleaning: professional processing of pillows with steam and specials. means work wonders. Such procedures are able to return to the products an attractive appearance, which is especially important for expensive accessories made of genuine leather.
Beautiful interior design ideas
The ideal of everyone is to have a comfortable and stylish apartment. Throw pillows in this case - great helpers. Whether you want to make a cozy nest, create a glamorous interior, a minimalist design, or have not yet decided on the design style, but simply want to refresh the existing environment - perhaps our tips and suggestions will please you And the examples in the photo gallery will help the puzzle to come together or direct your thoughts in the right direction.
- The restraint of scandi design and the neutrality of the dominant snow-white range is diluted with accent pillows. rich shades of blue, terracotta, orange and fuchsia.Form the composition of monophonic, two-color pillows and accessories with thematic ornaments of snowflakes, zigzags, deer.
- If you want the interior to not look like others - use embroidered pillows. Such an exclusive is universal and equally transforms a dim English bedroom, a state-of-the-art high-tech living room and a simple country house.
- Multifunctional floor cushions serve as poufs, armchairs, sunbeds and even sofas. Due to the moving propylene balls, which are used as a filler, you can change the shape of the “furniture” at any time. Therefore, the interior always looks fashionable and stylish.
- There are now extremely popular options for the design of modern interiors with pillows in accordance with the seasons. In winter, plush, knitted and fur accessories are used. In spring, there are blooming flowers and trees on the covers, in the summer fruit and berry themes dominate, and in the fall - a red-yellow-orange gamma.
- The trendy trend is the use of natural and artificial hides of exotic species. - leopard, tiger, giraffe or zebra skin.Fur pillows or pillows with animal prints in combination with the skin on the wall, furniture or on the floor look very impressive and tie the design together.
- Floor cushions - a highlight in the ethnic oriental interior. Lush slides of silk and velvet cushions of square and round shapes on magnificent Persian hand-made carpets with a low table next to it that crowns the hookah - this is what the eastern idyll looks like.
- The bed is large and comfortable, but something is missing? Perhaps the most romantic accessory in the world of interior design - a canopy. The canopy can be made of silk, satin or light transparent material, decorated with tassels and fringe. To complete the picture, choose pillows from the same fabric and with the same decor.
Decorative pillows can be sewn with your own hands. How to do this, see the next video.