Baby towel with hood: features of choice and tailoring
Bath accessories for the baby should be chosen as carefully and deliberately. Fortunately, the range of such today is not limited and stock up with all necessary is not difficult. So, many parents get for their children charming towels with a hood. Similar things can also be done by hand. Today we will take a closer look at these products and understand the intricacies of their independent production.
Features and benefits
Comfort and comfort should accompany the child from the first days of life. For this reason, selecting clothes and bath accessories for children is required extremely responsibly. Nowadays, on the shelves of stores you can find a great variety of products for children of all ages. You can meet and comfortable towels with a hood.
These bath accessories are in enviable demand.because every parent wants to ensure maximum comfort for his child. Such products are distinguished by multi-functionality.
A towel with a hood can be useful in many different situations, so it is desirable to keep it in your arsenal.
According to moms and dads, hooded towels in many cases simplify the care of babies. It is possible to pick up such things with any size parameters and color decisions. As a rule, these towels are made from high-quality and delicate fabrics that are very pleasant to the touch. In contact with the vulnerable skin of the baby, such things do not cause discomfort and do not cause allergic reactions.
Products are easy to use. It is enough to throw a towel on the baby's head, and then wrap him in a couple of movements - there is nothing difficult. Such caps effectively protect vulnerable children's ears and head from drafts and excess coolness after water procedures. In addition, the hair dries under such a towel much faster, because the lion's share of water is absorbed in a corner in the upper part.
The hood is often supplemented with various decorative elements. For example, it can be a funny image of an animal or a cartoon character. Thanks to such a detail, a towel can easily turn into a kid's favorite toy.
You can make such a product yourself. The whole process takes not so much time as it might seem at first glance. Moreover, in this case it will be possible to decorate the thing in accordance with the wishes of the child.
If you build a larger model, it can be used until the child is 3 years old.
Many consumers believe that children's towels with a hood are represented by only one traditional modification. In fact, there are many types of such products. Let's get to know them better.
One of the most original and popular options that are present in the current market for children's products, is a towel-poncho with a hood. Such a functional thing is performed by one-piece cut, therefore there is no need to wrap up a child, you just need to put on a poncho over your head and allow the baby to wrap itself in the material.This product will be appropriate for the winter season, when after swimming it is not very comfortable to move into a cool room.
Some parents first wipe the child with a simple towel, and put on the poncho after that, so that the baby warms up and dries to the end. These bath accessories are made for both very young crumbs and children 2-3 years old, and for younger users older.
In most cases, beach towels with a children's corner are small. They can be operated only in the warm season, for example, in the hot summer near the pool, the sea or the river. Remember, such a thing is not intended to protect the child from the cold.
A beach towel with a hood can be simply thrown on the shoulders and head of the baby, forming a kind of cloak. With such a thing, the child will not be cold in the draft and will not burn in the sun. Often you can find beach options made for children whose age reaches 5-7 years.
According to parents, such a thing is indispensable during a beach holiday.
Bath towels for children with a corner in most cases are made large enough so that after the water procedures the child can be completely wrapped in them.Such models today are incredibly popular, because they combine the functions of a poncho and a simple standard towel. After this outfit, the child can be dressed in ordinary home clothes. It is the presence of a corner in such products that makes small users happy. Children rarely admire the traditional robe, but they really like the models with a hood.
The towel with a hood is made of different materials. Consider the most popular and high quality ones.
- Cotton. This textile is natural and perfect for creating bath things. Cotton effectively absorbs moisture into its structure and is characterized by unique softness. Such raw materials do not irritate delicate baby skin. This material is very reliable, since it has a characteristic interlacing of cotton threads, due to which a large number of loops appear. The more of them, the denser the product.
- Bamboo. This material appeared on the market not so long ago, but already managed to gain huge popularity. Bamboo almost instantly absorbs moisture (in this he is ahead of cotton).In addition, this material has an antiseptic effect, so it is absolutely safe for kids. It is also worth mentioning that bamboo products gently cool the skin, so such specimens can be very useful in beach conditions.
- Linen. By its quality flax is not inferior to the popular cotton. Things from this raw material are soft, fluffy and fairly durable. Such options for children's towels can be more expensive just because the very cultivation of flax today has become quite a rare phenomenon.
- Viscose. This is another material from which quality towels are made. Viscose may also be present in other textiles. Characterized by the fact that it can reduce the ability to absorb moisture (this must be taken into account).
Viscose is more suitable for the manufacture of towels for adults. As for small users, such models are not used as often here, because they cannot completely remove moisture from children's skin.
The terry product can consist of a specific type of textiles or a combination of different fibers. For example, it can be a combination of flax and bamboo or cotton and flax.In the stores you can find other options made from other materials, however, experts recommend to buy for natural children only natural items that are environmentally friendly, they do not provoke allergies and will not lead to irritation of delicate children's skin.
Do not save on the purchase of a similar item.
How to sew your own hands?
As mentioned earlier, it is possible to make a baby poncho towel yourself. Even a mother who has only minimal machine sewing experience can make a regular model. To sew a towel with a hood, such materials and tools will be useful:
- terry towel of large sizes (it is permissible to stock up on a piece of linen of appropriate dimensions);
- fabric for the corner (can be made from the same textiles as the towel itself);
- slanting inlay;
- sewing machine;
- thread, needle, scissors.
If you stocked up with all the listed items, then you can proceed directly to making an accessory for the child. Consider the scheme of these works.
- If you are creating a thing for a baby, then you will need to take a canvas measuring 70x70 cm.Attach the hood material to the terry base.
- Measure out the triangular element, the lower part of which is 25 cm. Cut out and decorate the lower part with an oblique inlay.
- Attach the prepared corner to the terry fabric and stitch at the edges.
- Now modify the perimeter of the square detail using a decorative ribbon.
If desired, it is permissible to decorate the hood of the product with ears or a cute appliqué.
Try to do everything as carefully and carefully as possible, paying attention to any little things.
In order to get a towel or a homemade towel with a hood, it lasts as long as possible and does not lose its visual appeal, you need to properly care for it. Let's take a look at some tips from care professionals on the example of terry models.
- Wash the thing as it is contaminated (it is advisable to do it no less than after 3rd use) in a washing machine under delicate conditions. The temperature value should not be higher than 60 degrees. Apply an extra rinse cycle.
- Use only baby powder. It is recommended to give preference to gels.
- After completing the wash in the car, you should immerse the towel with a corner in cool, slightly salted water. Thanks to this process, the pile on things will become more fluffy.
- Terry things should not be ironed. Of course, if the towel belongs to a very small (newborn) child, then it is better to stroke textiles on both sides at a temperature of no more than 150 degrees. So you additionally disinfect the thing.
- As for drying terry towels with a hood, they are not recommended to hang on the battery or to apply the application of electric heaters. The best solution would be to dry things in fresh air. At the same time the towel is not deformed and does not shrink.
You will learn more about children's towels with a hood from the following video.