Towel: characteristic, application and subtleties of care
In everyday life used quite a lot of various products, including towels. The range of their applications and materials used for the manufacture, quite diverse. However, among those with an assortment, waffle towels are particularly popular.
The history of the product
Today it is quite difficult to meet an adult who does not know what a towel is, since such a product, at least in a single copy, could be found in any home. And now towels from such material are present in apartments, hotel complexes, fitness clubs and beauty salons. Such demand is due to the many positive properties of the fabric, which was appreciated by the masters in antiquity.
Towel fabric owes its name to the similarity with a favorite children's delicacy, but the material was not always worn by such a name. At the very beginning, the waffle products were called “Turkish towel”, since it was in the east that they began to use similar weaving technique for the first time. Turkish craftsmen and weavers were known around the world due to their skill, but waffle textiles among them became the most sought-after for many centuries.
At the very beginning, the canvas was made by craftsmen manually, without using any machine tools.therefore, people trained in this craft could make a very limited number of products in one day, which led to the high cost of production. Therefore, towels were considered a sign of luxury and wealth, and not everyone could afford to buy such a cloth. A similar trend persisted for quite a long time, so these products were considered a very good option for a gift.
Over time and due to the rapid development of technology, the situation has changed dramatically, Turkish towels became affordable for everyone, which did not affect their popularity, but on the contrary, more and more manufacturers began to manufacture textiles.As a result, products appeared on the market, varying in size, color, density and purpose.
Advantages and disadvantages
The demand for towels for the kitchen, bathroom, beach and other needs due to a number of positive product characteristics.
- The main advantage of textiles is the composition, since wafer products are made from natural and ecological raw materials, which is cotton.
- Due to the specific texture of the material, it can be used for domestic needs and work with any surfaces. After processing with a waffle napkin, no villi or streaks remain on the glass, mirror or any other basis.
- Wafer products are universal products, therefore they have found their use as kitchen utensils, practical accessories for bathrooms, baths or saunas, for cleaning, decor, etc.
- Turkish towels are quite pleasant to the touch, so they are often used as children's bath accessories.
- Hypoallergenic material.
- Raw materials are distinguished by their durability, due to which they tolerate numerous washes, contact with household chemicals, as well as the effects of high temperatures during boiling.
- Waffle towels are notable for their excellent absorbency; therefore, such products are popular as bathroom sets, as beach towels, and for kitchen and home use.
- The modern product range is presented in a large color variety, therefore, depending on the destination, you can purchase products in plain or color, large and small, with or without a pattern.
- Waffle products are quite easy to sew yourself. The canvases of this material are sold in rolls, so you can make a towel in accordance with their taste preferences and accurately choose the desired size.
However, the products are not devoid of some drawbacks, which include such points:
- in comparison with other types of towels for the bathroom, waffle products do not keep warm very well;
- New products can be tough the first time after purchase, so they should be washed with the addition of air conditioners that can soften the fabric.
Modern products it is customary to divide into several types depending on the external properties and the method of manufacturing the material.
- Harsh wafer products - A distinctive feature is the stiffness of the fabric.As a rule, such products are not used for domestic needs and home use.
- Whitened product - in the manufacture of products undergo additional processing, as a result of which extraneous inclusions and debris are removed from the fabric, and the fabric itself is bleached.
- Smooth-haired fabric - products are also bleached, but to a greater extent than the previous version. In finished form, the towels are soft and pleasant to the touch.
- Printed Pattern Products - during the production of towels of this type, an image or pattern is applied to the surface of the fabric. To fix it, the fabric is rolled between the rollers.
Judging by the description of the types of wafer linen, it is easy to guess that the last two varieties are used in everyday life. This is due to the properties of the fabric, which acquires the appearance and softness.
Harsh products are in demand for industrial purposes. White whitened or multi-colored corrugated towel can be found at home and in places of public catering or recreation.
The Turkish towel acquires unique characteristics in the light of the characteristics of the interlacing of cotton threads. Among the primary qualities of products it is worth to highlight the following points:
- material stands out for excellent hygroscopicity;
- the fabric is well breathable, which contributes to the rapid drying of products;
- waffle towels are made exclusively from natural materials;
- fabric has a long life;
- products after processing acquire an attractive appearance;
- products do not cause an allergic reaction upon contact with the skin.
The corrugated fabric texture provides products with a high level of durability, which allows frequent washing of towels without compromising the appearance and quality of products.
In addition, such weaving creates a small scrub effect, which makes it much easier for such a product to clear any surface from contamination without the risk of scratches or other defects. Moistening a towel, you can make it even more pliable and soft.
However, the main quality, which is valued by consumers the most, is the ability to quickly absorb moisture. Even in a modern large assortment of various textiles, it is difficult to find a fabric with similar absorbent properties.
The hygroscopicity of wafer products directly depends on the density of the material, where weaving plays an important role. The average density of the fabric varies in the range of 80-240 g / m2. Products with a minimum density of quite thin, so they have some similarities with medical gauze. These towels for domestic purposes are used extremely rarely, but they also have a low cost. Turkish towel with a maximum density is considered the highest quality product, which is the main indicator that forms its value.
Today the most demanded waffle towels with weaving density from 120-165 g / m2. As a rule, the canvas goes on sale in rolls of 50-70 meters or already in specified sizes. Wafer products of domestic production are manufactured in accordance with the TU or GOST, which makes it possible to ascertain the high quality of Russian textile products.
However, on sale quite often you can find low-quality products. The fact that the products were made with violations of the established norms will be indicated by the specific smell from the towels, the unevenness of the printed pattern, and the composition of the material.A high-quality canvas should consist of 100% cotton, but you can find products with the label “PC” on sale, which are trying to sell as wafer products, but in fact, this designation indicates that the material consists of polyestercotton, that is, it includes synthetic fibers .
Color and design
A few decades ago, embossed towels were mostly pure white. Now, manufacturers have greatly expanded the color assortment of their products, so you can find towels for every taste, ranging from plain pink, blue, yellow or green and ending with products with a variety of patterns and themed ornaments.
Manufacturers have a whole series of gift sets, where towels can contain various symbols or inscriptions, a multi-colored image of objects, flowers, fruits, etc.
Application and size
Due to its unique qualities, grooved products are used in various fields. The material acts as a universal product for cleaning in private homes and public institutions.The fabric does not leave behind any traces, which is important for working with fragile and expensive surfaces.
Towels are in demand in the kitchen, as they are well absorbed by any liquid, they are perfectly washed off after use, and also have an attractive appearance.
Waffle fabric is in demand in industry and industry, because it can instantly collect not only water, but also absorb paint or gasoline, which is important in the construction industry and mechanical engineering.
However, for the most part, waffle towels are used for use in bathrooms, baths, swimming pools, etc. The fabric dries very quickly and does not lose its original shape when wet.
A wide range of waffle towels is also due to a diverse size range of products. Among the proposed range can be distinguished such wafer cloths:
- 40x70 cm;
- 40x80 cm;
- 45x100 cm;
- 50x100 cm;
- 80x150 cm
Subtleties of care
Like any other fabric, Turkish towels need care, which can extend the life of the products, and also maintain the attractive appearance of the products in use.
- It is allowed to wash wafer cloths not only with hands, but also in a washing machine. Processing is possible in a temperature range from 40 to 60 degrees.
- Textile products can be ironed, but in most cases there is no urgent need for this, since after washing the towels retain their shape, brightness of colors and appearance.
- White towels can be whitened with appropriate means to maintain a white shade, you can also use traditional methods, such as soap or boiling.
- As for the colored canvases, the care of them should be more gentle. This concerns the temperature of the wash and the use of chemistry.
See how to wash a dirty towel in the next video.