Variants of the ceiling of plasterboard in the children's room
When choosing a design of a children's room, never rely solely on your preferences. It is very important to consult with the child. Children usually opt for everything extraordinary. That is why drywall is an excellent option. This material is able to translate into reality even the strangest and non-standard solutions.
Types of designs
The most common type of ceiling in the nursery is the ceiling in several levels. However, it is not suitable for small rooms. If the height of the walls is no more than 2.5-2.7 meters, then it is better to construct a single-level one. With a ceiling height of about three meters, you can decorate the ceiling in two tiers: the first layer of plasterboard will be solid and cover the entire territory of the ceiling,and the second is attached only around the perimeter in the form of a frame. Under this frame, you can install a quiet neon light.
A less common, but more expensive option is the patterned ceiling. It will be difficult to do it yourself, so it is recommended to resort to the help of experienced professionals. Simple figures like the sun, figure eight, flower are popular here. There is an option with photo printing. Be very careful: there is a very thin line between an interesting picture and a tasteless image. You can use the image of a cloudy sky or images of characters from popular cartoons.
Another common type of design of the ceiling of drywall for boys and girls is a combo of drywall and stretch fabric. With these materials you can realize any idea: the ceiling in several levels with a glossy base and frosted edges, any geometric shapes, a combination of different contrasts.
Advantages and disadvantages
So let's summarize, and Consider all the positive and negative sides of the GCR.
- The material is absolutely harmless to children because of its environmental friendliness.
- Price policy. The drywall option is not very expensive for the apartment owners.
- Life time. Properly designed ceiling will serve you more than 10-15 years.
- Even a novice master can work with them.
- Lightweight design. Because of the low weight, the gypsum plasterboard will not have any appreciable load on the walls. And over time, drywall will not create any problems with dismantling.
- Suspended ceiling of these plates will hide all the irregularities.
- Under the sheets of drywall easily hide electrical wires, plastic pipes and the like.
- It is possible to install spotlights. This will not only decorate the room, but also provide additional lighting.
- Absolute freedom for fantasy. You can create as many levels, layers with any design.
- A ceiling of two to three levels allows you to visually enlarge the space.
- One of the most important advantages is fire safety.
However, there are also disadvantages.
- Not very good moisture resistance. Drywall can not be considered a material that is not afraid of water. If you install it in the bathroom, you will need a very good hood.Otherwise, the ceiling will swell, the plaster will start to descend, and the putty will burst. However, no problems should arise in the nursery.
- Reducing the height of the room. With each new layer of drywall, the ceiling height is reduced by 10-15 cm.
- Darkening. After 2-3 years, it may lose its original color.
- The use of drywall is permissible only for old buildings. In homes that were built a couple of years ago, it is undesirable to install a suspended ceiling. After a year or two, the house may settle, and cracks will appear in the ceiling.
Finishing works are performed using various materials. Gypsum plasterboard is usually painted with water-based paint. However, today people increasingly prefer to use acrylic or vinyl paint coatings.
You can add a third-party color to the paint, so you can achieve a non-standard color. In this case, the brightness of the ceiling will depend on the amount of pigment in the paint.
If you use only a paintwork water-based product, you will not be able to paint the ceiling in bright colors. The problem is that each new layer of paint will have a different shade.Each subsequent layer is usually slightly darker than the previous one. If you still decide to use water-based paint to paint the ceiling of plasterboard, then choose light neutral colors.
For bright, cheerful, festive shades, experts recommend using a paint and varnish product on acrylic or vinyl base. This does not have to additionally add color. They are sold ready, you only need to shake the jar and mix. Then you can safely take a roller and paint the ceiling. And also designers use special finishing putties. They are decorative and created only for decoration. After you apply them to the ceiling, they are able to form three types of surfaces: smooth matte, porous and rough.
You can use a putty, which includes beads or sequins. There are often cases where wallpaper is glued to the ceiling. Here, pay much attention to the seams. Joints become visible after a couple of months, if the wallpaper is pasted inattentively. As you noticed, there are a lot of options for decorating the ceiling of drywall. If you combine the light with a false ceiling,then you can divide the children's room into different zones. For example, in an area with dim light, you can place a bed, this will be the sleeping part of the room. The game zone will be located in the more fun part.
In the modern world, many decorative elements are used to decorate the ceiling. These include self-bonding. They can be anything: from mushrooms and flowers to castles and butterflies. These elements are mounted on a pre-prepared ceiling: fresh paint or glue. If the plasterboard is not painted, but simply plastered, then using self-adhesive pads is not recommended, as they have poor contact with plaster or plaster.
Another interesting design option is the ceiling diagonal. It is similar to the ceiling in the form of a frame. Here also, the initial layer is a smooth continuous surface. The bottom layer, that is, the diagonal, is a well-lit sheet of drywall. Such a ceiling design would be ideal for a teenager. After all, while the child is doing her homework, the room will have excellent lighting.
How to arrange the ceiling of plasterboard in the children's room, see the following video.