Why is it convenient to put a shoebox in the hallway?
Returning home, we take off our shoes with pleasure, preparing to plunge into the long-awaited home comfort. However, it also needs to be conveniently arranged. Otherwise, if the family consists of several people, there is simply no room left in the hallway. Various shoe holders come to the rescue: from simple plastic galoshnits to exquisite samples of modern design art from glass and metal.
What types are
Stylish modern shoebox in the hallway will not only solve the problem of storing shoes, but also give the room an extra charm. The whole variety of models fits into two types: open and closed.
The open ones are good by the presence of natural ventilation,which eliminates unpleasant odors. In such furniture, shoes dry very quickly, it is easy to get it from the open shelves. Disadvantages of open models obvious:
- shoes remain on public display. Many believe that it is not quite aesthetic.
- if the shoes are put on the shelves without having washed them, then dirt and dust will be on the floor and on the shoes on the lower shelves.
The disadvantage of closed-type models is the lack of natural ventilation, due to which it is necessary to provide special vents or built-in dryers for shoes. A definite advantage is becoming a stylish appearance.
The most unpretentious models are galoshnits, although there are specimens with an unusual design. Most often they are a few open shoe shelves in the form of plastic or metal grids. Shelves can be horizontal or inclined. If they are located at different heights, this will be an additional plus, as they are suitable for high shoes, for example, for women's autumn and winter boots.
A number of models with horizontal shelves are equipped with a comfortable soft seat.The area for storing shoes is reduced, but there is an opportunity to wear shoes while sitting. Racks with sloping shelves are a bit higher, so making them a hybrid of shelves for shoes and stools is more difficult.
Racks with shovels instead of shelves are very capacious. They can store more than three dozen pairs, including in the autumn-winter period.
A classic option for cramped hallways are steel hangers. In addition to the listed parts under it, the module is equipped with shelves for storing all sorts of small things. To save space produced angular models.
If there is enough space in the hallway, you can safely choose a shoe closet. There are models with straight and inclined shelves. In both cases, they will lean on the sole, which means less deformation. In such wardrobes set sliding or hinged doors, as well as sash-accordion. It is interesting to look at models with a mirror, which visually makes the room more spacious and looks very impressive with special lighting.
Owners of apartments with a close hallway fit extremely compact shoemaker-slim. Due to the shallow depth, they occupy a minimum of space. Shoes in them laid out vertically.Doors in such models, as a rule, folding. It is difficult to fit volumetric shoes in such a locker, although in the presence of compartments of different sizes this problem can also be solved.
You can save space on the floor with the help of hanging shoes. Shelves that are attached to the wall, create the illusion of expanding space. If the area of the room is sorely lacking, an open or closed suspended model is a good way out.
Among the closed models are also popular cabinets-thumbs. They are quite low, because there is a seat on top to put on shoes and sit out. Different shelves can accommodate seasonal shoes. Especially compact cabinets with a vertical arrangement of shoes.
There are cabinets with small and pull-out drawers for shoes, in which there will always be at hand tools for the care of couples, keys and other small items. In the hinged doors there can be special pockets in which different small objects are laid out. There are open pedestals.
The problem of lack of ventilation in closed cabinets is perfectly solved by a shoemaker-dryer. Lamps are installed in it, providing not only drying, but also disinfection of shoes.It should be remembered that in this case it will be necessary to provide for the presence of an outlet near the place where the cabinet will be installed. Unfortunately, not all shoes can be dried in this way.
Products made of genuine leather such UV treatment is contraindicated.
The shoemaker can completely disappear from the eyes in the closet. Many different pairs of shoes fit on different shelves, including seasonal ones, but only absolutely dry things are put in such a closet. The built-in deep shoebox can be located not only in the closet, but also in the wall niche, if there is one. In the two-story houses they use the space under the stairs leading to the second floor. Such products are usually made to order, taking into account the specific dimensions of the free space of the room.
There are a lot of materials from which furniture is made to store shoes.
- Among the budget options stand out plastic and chipboard. The low cost of materials is attractive, but you need to be prepared for a number of inconveniences. Plastic is quite fragile. With careless handling, you can even break the shelves. In addition, it is easy to leave scratches on it.The advantages of this material are water resistance and lightness. Caring for plastic racks for shoes is not difficult: residual wipe them with a damp cloth. The ease of plastic products allows you to move them at your discretion to any place in the hallway.
- Furniture made of chipboard looks good, but in terms of price-quality ratio, this option is also not perfect. From moisture, this material begins to crack and delaminate. Furniture has similar characteristics from MDF. Duration of service depends on the cleanliness and dryness of shoes and boots that are folded into it.
- Quite a practical option for the manufacture of furniture - laminated board. Chipboard moisture is not terrible, and therefore, care for her is simple. Another attractive feature of this material is a wide range of colors, which allows you to simulate almost any kind of wood. Many buyers are attracted to the lacquered coating of rich color.
- Wooden furniture It looks solid, unobtrusively emphasizing the status of the owner. So that the cabinet does not lose its appearance, one cannot do without special protective impregnations. Dirty shoes in a wooden shoebox are also not a place, otherwise the wardrobe will soon become useless.So, eco-friendly rattan furniture is very beautiful. Products from it are easy to wash, clean and are not afraid of moisture. True, these shoes are not suitable for all styles of interior.
- Metallic Shelves look elegant, but not fit into all interiors. They are almost impossible to damage, they do not require special care, but from time to time it will not be superfluous to renew a layer of paint. Iron wrought-iron shoeboxes look very impressive.
- Shelves from glass look fragile and weightless. They visually increase the area of the room. However, their beauty is not very practical, as they will have to constantly wipe their fingers and shoes.
The dimensions of the shoebox depend on two factors: the number of pairs of shoes that must be placed and the free area of the hallway. If it is not limited, the choice is determined only by the tastes of the owner and his financial capabilities. If the space in the room is not enough to install a wide shoemaker, manufacturers offer a wide range of narrow shoemakers (slim).
In full-size wardrobes, the shoe rests on the entire sole, that is, its deformation is practically excluded.In narrow versions, shoes will need to be laid almost vertically or at an angle. High-toed boots will have to look for another place at all. In Slim they are almost impossible to fit.
There are even mini-lockers with a depth of only 13-18 cm, designed to be installed behind the door. The optimal width for standard city apartments is about half a meter. They produce large-sized models, the depth of which is twice as large (up to 120 cm).
Different types of shoe racks vary considerably in height. It is assumed that it will be comfortable to sit on low stands and obuvnitsah-benches. Medium and high models are more spacious. In order to increase the number of pairs of shoes that can be stored on low racks and shelves, there are long models.
Simply put, the choice in favor of such products is determined by the configuration of the free area of the hallway.
Today, designers offer a lot of colors Obuvnits. Bright, juicy shades lift the mood of anyone who crosses the threshold. If for classic interiors the richness of color is not always acceptable, then for many other styles colorful cabinets and racks are simply necessary.In addition to the usual black, popular white, burgundy, purple, lilac, pink colors. As a rule, in a similar range of shoes produced from laminated chipboard and metal.
The wrought-iron shelves of white color look stylish and romantic. Although black shoeboxes with fancy metal patterns are in no way inferior to them in beauty. Wooden products are also painted in white, as well as models from MDF and laminated board. But here, listening to the advice of designers, it is worth looking for combinations of contrasting shades. Of course, shoe cabinets and shelves should be in harmony with the color of the furniture already in the hallway.
Among all the variety of shapes of shoes there will certainly find one that is best suited for a particular hallway, occupying a minimum of space and accommodating a large number of pairs of shoes of different sizes and different heights. If the finished version still can not be found, there is always the opportunity to make a shoemaker to order. The order in the hallway will more than justify the money spent on the manufacture of custom-made orders.
Opened shoeboxes in the form of classic shelves with horizontal or sloping shelves, shoeboxes, benches,closed and open pedestals and round shoemaker-poufs, shoe racks, racks in the form of shelves, shoemakers resembling racks in a wine cellar and bee honeycombs, suspended shoemakers in the form of horizontal strips of wood, metal — all existing forms of shoemakers have different functionality and ergonomic, but each of them finds its buyer.
If you could not find a suitable model in the store and do not want to order it, you can make a shoe box with your own hands. In such situations, you can not do without the purchase of additional accessories. Need it in case of breakage of furniture. The necessary accessories include:
- mechanisms for obuvnits;
- sliding shelves for shoes;
A variety of materials, colors, shapes, decorative elements allows you to choose a lot of shoemaker options for each style.
- Noble classical or baroque require the purchase of a shoe cabinet made of natural wood or a good imitation of laminated board or chipboard.
- Metal products organically look in hallways in style hi-tech or minimalism.
- The forged patterns frozen in metal will give a special charm to the interior in style Empire or Baroque. Having added such a shoebox with an openwork forged table, as well as hanger, shelves and mirror frame made in this technique, we get an exclusive interior.
- Lovers avant-garde or fusion style A significant range of durable glass shoes available.
- Rattan wicker products are perfect for country style, and if you add textile inserts to them, they will decorate the hall in the style of Provence. Bleached rattan, however, as usual, perfectly suited to the fashionable style chebbi chic.
Designers come up with models of different shapes, types and configurations. Some of them are very simple and functional, while others are so beautiful that, admiring them, you can forget about their main function. A lot of original products created by amateurs to make furniture with their own hands, and often in the course go things that have no place to go for a long time: drawers, wicker bags, stairs and boxes. Some models are so amazing that you do not immediately guess their purpose.
In addition to the classic shoeboxes standing on the floor, more and more models literally rush up.Curtain shoe holders are popular not only because they save space, but also because of their originality. The range of mounted models is impressive: from light, seemingly weightless shelves or shoe holders to solid bollards.
Color options are becoming more bold. Glossy shoeboxes add not only bright colors, but also shine.
How to choose the corridor?
When choosing a shoe model, two criteria are based on:
- the number of pairs of shoes that are going to be stored in it;
- free area of the corridor or hallway.
Choosing, for example, a convenient rack with a seat, you need to consider that it is not the most capacious option. On the other hand, it will not be necessary to put a bench in the corridor. Having bought a shoebox with a bench, you can, figuratively speaking, kill two birds with one stone: not just take off your shoes and sit while sitting shoes, but also get rid of slender and not very rows of shoes standing on the floor.
By purchasing a closed cabinet that fits the style of your interior, you probably choose the most aesthetic option for storing shoes, but here it will take time to pretreat the shoes before putting them in the closet.By the way, if you have pets who are not averse to chewing on sneakers and shoes, closed cabinets are the only possible option.
A nice addition to the advantages of furniture with drawers is the ability to store documents, keychains and other similar things in one place, which are often not available at the right time. For a large family, you can assemble a whole system of shoe storage from several modules.
Advantages and disadvantages
Furniture that meets all the requirements of the user, of course does not exist. Each of the models presented in stores, or custom-made, has its advantages and disadvantages.
After analyzing both those and other parties, the buyer decides what he is willing to put up with, and what is for him absolutely unacceptable:
- Shoes on open coasters will gather dust, but at the same time it will be constantly ventilated.
- It is impossible to fit high shoes in narrow, closed slimming shoes, and closed pedestals with horizontal shelves take up too much space.
- High racks are very roomy, but extremely unstable.
- Wooden models are beautiful, but they can be easily ruined by putting dirty, wet shoes on the shelves.
After weighing all the pros and cons, you can safely go shopping.
Famous manufacturers and reviews
Those who love their shoes and order in the hallway, often go to Ikea for a ready-made solution for storing shoes or for new ideas. Compact and spacious furniture of a famous manufacturer is traditionally located in the middle price category.
Those who can afford excellent quality from well-known brands choose furniture from Italy and Spain. For example, factories Panamar, Disemobel, Gruppo Dos (Spain) produce comfortable and functional models from natural wood. Whatever the shape, size and design of the product, it will help maintain order and cleanliness in the house.
Excellent reviews of fans of status furniture are addressed to Italian manufacturers: Ferro Rafaello, Tarocco Sergio, Morello Gianpaolo.
Elite examples and beautiful options
Elite shoeboxes of Italian and Spanish designers are famous for unsurpassed quality and elegant design. Modern technologies allow you to create stylish, functional and durable furniture.
Designers with a pattern look amazing. By choosing this option, the buyer receives not only a piece of furniture, but also a real work of art.
Very elegant look shoemaker with legs.
A lot of successful models for different interiors made by hand. Each master becomes a designer and creates unique furniture, much better suited to the style of the room than any model of mass production. The creations of famous designers are refined and beautiful, but in originality, many homemade shoemakers are in no way inferior to them.
See the following video for some ideas on how to store your shoes.