Design of cabinets in the hallway
Furnishing the house with furniture, it is impossible to ignore the hallway. Knowledge of the basic principles of selection and basic nuances will help you choose a beautiful and attractive cabinet that will last as long as possible.
Wardrobe cabinets for hallways provide many opportunities for the imagination of both designers and consumers themselves. Especially good prospects are opened where there is no or very little other furniture, then it will turn out to turn the wardrobe into the semantic center of the whole interior. The design created by professionals is truly unique: neither shops, nor catalogs, nor exhibitions can offer anything like that.Therefore, a slight increase in price compared with serial products is fully justified.
In some layouts, built-in and corner cabinets perform very well; a good idea is the use of furniture with marine motifs, in the style of country (when the apartment is decorated properly).
Features of designer products often consist of:
- non-standard combinations of materials dissimilar in texture;
- atypical ornament;
- the refined accessories bearing not only functional, but also style loading.
Carefully consider any option, with all due respect to the external beauty of designer furniture, it should be checked from the practical point of view: be sure to use the closet conveniently and that it will fit everything you need.
Materials and options for facade decoration
There is no answer to this question “in general form” and cannot be, it is required to take into account the design of the room as a whole and the style of other pieces of furniture in the hallway. The principle is simple - no color contrasts, on the contrary, the closer the match, the better the result will be.
Appearance can be varied within wide limits due to:
- author photo printing;
- open illuminated facades;
- non-standard intersections of materials (say, bamboo and glass);
- black glasses, gold paintings;
- fusing receptions;
- additions decorative blocks.
There are a lot of materials and options for decorating facades in the living room cabinets and it does not make any special problems even to make them very bright. The same photo printing, which captures the evening city, filled with lights, or selected decorative flowers immediately attracts attention. Plots and their color solutions are almost inexhaustible, but it is important to immediately think which of them will not cease to attract you in two to four years.
Plasterboard cabinets should not be neglected, modern technologies allow to achieve a decent result.
The advantages of the structures made from it are:
- environmental Safety;
- excellent thermal insulation;
- immunity to moisture;
- the possibility of embedding lighting fixtures;
- and with all the positive characteristics still affordable price (extremely important now).
Glass systems are on the verge of permissive, since glazed or inset doors can break the harmony, create unpleasant and unexpected effects.This is exactly the case in which consulting an experienced designer will help save money, eliminate errors.
Caution should also apply to the installation in the hallway of furniture, replete with plastic decorative elements.
Colors and prints
Note that prints are limited and only in individual cases.
Thus, images reminiscent of a leopard or a zebra (in color or silhouette) are characteristic of the doors of cabinets made “for Africa”.
Provencal and classical styles are complemented by a monotonous-colored fabric element, while art deco lovers should opt for catchy patterns with large colors.
Designers note that it is advisable to use prints for a themed interior, designed individually, or in a loft-style hallway.
When choosing a color, you need to be guided not by the fact that you like it first of all (although it is important), take care of entering the closet into the interior as a whole, about the conformity of its adopted concept. Think about how the furniture and its parts will look after the next major overhaul.
It is appropriate to use prints, color accents in only one case - when the cabinet is wanted to be used as a meaningful core of the hallway.
Cartoon characters in the hallways are hardly appropriate, but the seascapes, exotic countries will improve mood. Neutral plots, however, are most relevant in this case.
The problem for a large number of people is insufficient knowledge of the principles of furnishing; Rarely does anyone make out a hall for the first time or update it, already understanding in details how to choose a wardrobe. A wide range of modifications and promises of manufacturers, lush advertising only confuse the matter.
But the solution is, you only need to familiarize yourself with the main types, and find out which one is right for you:
- Roomy built-in wardrobes are quite convenient to use. Moreover, this is an important part of the impression being created - no external beauty will help when incoming guests discover that they have no place to put clothes on. In this case, excessive bulkiness is contraindicated, with the exception of apartments, where the hallway is large enough (there are not too many). Just built-in products are relatively compact and exclude the possibility of hitting the corner, to cling to the surface with your hand (clothing).
Only those people who like to make permutations, just be forced to abandon this approach.
- No matter how you like light colors, they should be used sparingly, otherwise you will need to spend a lot of time to bring the furniture in order. Among the one-piece designs, the most successful for the guest room are the corner ones, complemented by swinging or sliding doors. Modern-style wardrobes are divided into two (in a small room) or three (in a large area) segments.
- With an acute shortage of space in the house, it is undesirable to choose corner cabinets in which at least one compartment is convex - the model will immediately become larger than the direct version. For the same reason, it is necessary to abandon any pedestals and shelves or use them in a very limited way.
- Wardrobe under the ceiling is suitable under one condition - the room is large. Recessed fixtures help make an open structure more attractive and more romantic. Built-in products, stretching along the wall or occupying the entire corridor, proved to be very good in panel houses of mass series.
- Shoe storage is a useful part of the wardrobe, howeverno one bothers to use a separate element of furniture for it. The decision must be taken based solely on their tastes, financial capabilities and available space.
How to choose the best cabinet
Increased functionality is achieved when selecting products with auxiliary compartments for caps. Exposing such parts to the public, it is possible to make the design more original. But the decision on this must be made with regard to the chosen style so that there is no dissonance. In the spacious hallway, those models that will stand at the wall itself are appropriate and this is exactly the case when you should not be embarrassed in dimensions, you should focus on them with a special thread.
Be sure to take into account the facade, it is a kind of "face" of the whole structure.
Glossy solutions are good because:
- on the reflection of light are inferior to mirrors;
- make the furniture more visually;
- allow you to use a variety of colors and techniques of appearance;
- in combination with the backlight look original and more expensive than its real price.
Keep in mind that the shiny door will be actively covered with fingerprints and you will need to regularly do a thorough cleaning.
And when there is a child or a pet in the apartment, such a decision, in itself is not a bad one, is unacceptable. In addition, glossy surfaces show their best qualities only where it is spacious, light. Remember, there is no and can not be perfect “for everyone”, choose for yourself personally and do not follow mechanically fashionable trends - that’s a reasonable step!
With regard to the way of opening the doors, you should take into account: a common argument about saving space by sliding systems is only partly appropriate. Yes, the doors of wardrobes do not absorb space in the room, but even the simplest guides will require a minimum of five centimeters.
The coupe has a depth of 45 cm, swing options 10-15 centimeters less. If you can put a closet 0.6 meters deep, you can only focus on style and tastes.
In small halls, the length of which is greater than the width, it is worthwhile to prefer a shallow wardrobe.
Interesting ideas for the design of models in the interior of the corridor
Most often there put modular cabinets, which are perfectly placed almost independently of the size. It will be difficult to say how the product will look, because in any case its structure is chosen strictly individually.Any style, except for hi-tech and constructivism, probably allows you to use wooden structures that bring notes of solidity and good quality to the interior.
Can't spend the required amount? Wardrobe with mirrors or with mirror shutters, complemented by the original pattern and decorative inserts at the discretion of the customer, turn out to be a reasonable alternative.
Ebony can add sophistication to the setting, but one should be careful in choosing this color - an overabundance of it can cause a feeling of congestion, overcrowding in the corridor.
A good idea with the use of a dark tone on the door (with the obligatory dilution with bright ornaments).
The hallway (corridor) is just the case when gray is quite appropriate, it is recommended to be used for cabinets with open facades or equipped with plastic decorated doors.
Can't decide which of the two preferred tones to choose? Then let one become the main, and the second only emphasizes the expressiveness of individual details. Individual order allows you to get a wardrobe, even with a multi-colored panels on the doors.
The design of the corridor cabinet should be stylish, thoughtful not only outside, but also inside. The customer should decide whether to make the facade open or closed. Consider that more and more designers consider a valid combination of these approaches.
So, in the middle part they make a closed space, and on the sides of it - simple shelves without an external wall (or vice versa). Instead of shelves, hooks, hangers can be used, sometimes original floral arrangements or elegant panels are placed.
Cabinets in the hallways can be very different - but they should be selected strictly for themselves, without automatically adjusting to any judgments and assessments, to the dictates of a fleeting fashion. We hope that the recommendations outlined above will prevent various errors and blunders.
More more models of cabinets for the hallway, see the following video.